|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Sol 477 how will Mark’s power meters get energy?
(a) 4-square meter solar cell.
(b) 6-square meter solar cell.
(c) 1-square meter solar cell.
(d) 2-square meter solar cell.
2. On Sol 194, how many minutes does Mark average for each hole?
3. Once Mark gets out of the airlock on Sol 119, how long does he believe that the EVA suit will last?
(a) 3 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 6 minutes.
(d) 4 minutes.
4. How many sols will Mark need to make the modifications that have to be made to the MAV?
5. When Mark makes his test drive, how far will he be from the Hab?
(a) 400 meters.
(b) 500 meters.
(c) 800 meters.
(d) 1,000 meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original number of days the Ares 3 mission was to last?
2. What is Vogel’s wife’s name?
3. In Chapter 15, how many days does Bruce state they have to get a probe to Mars?
4. How many kilometers did Mark average per sol on his way to Pathfinder?
5. How far is it from the rover to the Hab?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark lose communication with Earth?
2. On Sol 376, what does Mark relate about his schedule?
3. What luxury items are planned to be sent with the probe?
4. What accident does Mark have, and how much time does he lose?
5. How is Vogel’s family doing?
6. Why does Mark have to learn Morse code?
7. Why does Mark decide he doesn’t need the water reclaimer during his trip to Ares 4?
8. Why does Mark have to cut a big hole in the rover?
9. On Sol 385, why does Mark begin making a tent?
10. What is Rich Purnell’s job?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)