|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Vogel and his wife live?
2. During the storm that caused Mark to be left behind, how much did AL102 stretch?
(a) 2 millimeters.
(b) 4 millimeters.
(c) 5 millimeters.
(d) 1 millimeter.
3. On Sol 436, how long does Mark test his bedroom after patching it up?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
4. During a status update on Iris in Chapter 15, how many days does Bruce think it will take to finish Iris?
5. How quickly does NASA usually respond to messages from Mark?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days does Rich Purnell have to calculate courses for Iris?
2. How many potato plants does Mark have growing on Sol 116?
3. How many sols does Mary estimate it will take him to get to Schiaparelli?
4. How many kilograms does Mark estimate he will need to haul to Ares 4?
5. On Sol 476, what percent is the dust storm affecting power generation?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Sol 115 what is the plan to get supplies to Mark?
2. What will Mark use as a bedroom and why when he gets to the MAV?
3. Why does Mark cook his potatoes before he leaves on his trip?
4. How does Mark figure out the direction of the storm?
5. How well does Mark’s bedroom work when he does his test drive?
6. What does Mark have to do in order to be rescued by the Hermes?
7. What does Mark do on Air Days?
8. What accident does Mark have, and how much time does he lose?
9. How does Mark lose communication with Earth?
10. What is Rich Purnell’s job?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)