|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what Sol is Mark done with the rover modifications?
2. How long do the Earth botanists believe Mark will have food?
(a) Sol 950.
(b) Sol 900.
(c) Sol 873.
(d) Sol 913.
3. In Chapter 23, how many meters does the rover tumble?
4. On Sol 435 when Mark tests the bedroom, where does it fail?
(a) Seam across the ceiling.
(b) Seam where wall meets ceiling.
(c) Seam where wall meets floor.
(d) Seam where two sides meets.
5. How many sols does Mary estimate it will take him to get to Schiaparelli?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what sol does Mark get past the dust storm?
2. Into what city in China do Venkat and Teddy fly?
3. Where do Vogel and his wife live?
4. For how many days does Rich Purnell have to calculate courses for Iris?
5. On Sol 498 after the rover rolls, how many liters of oxygen does Mark have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mark decide not to visit Opportunity?
2. How is Vogel’s family doing?
3. What accident does Mark have, and how much time does he lose?
4. How does Mark figure out the direction of the storm?
5. How does Mark lose communication with Earth?
6. What luxury items are planned to be sent with the probe?
7. On Sol 385, why does Mark begin making a tent?
8. What frustrates Mark on Sol 114?
9. On Sol 115 what is the plan to get supplies to Mark?
10. In Chapter 15, why doesn’t Dr. Keller want to reduce Watney’s intake to make the rations last longer?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)