|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there is too much oxygen, to what temperature does the regulator cool it?
(a) 0 C.
(b) 90 kelvin.
(c) 32 F.
(d) 21 kelvin.
2. How long is the Hab designed to last?
(a) 110 days.
(b) 31 days.
(c) 64 days.
(d) 18 days.
3. What is the least number of days it might take Mark to get to Ares 4?
4. What was the speed of sandstorm gusts that buffeted Mark’s mission?
(a) 200 kph.
(b) 150 kph.
(c) 175 kph.
(d) 225 kph.
5. What show does Mark decide to watch on Sol 41?
(a) Dukes of Hazzard.
(b) Three’s Company.
(c) Mary Tyler Moore.
(d) Gilligan’s Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Venkat Kapoor’s office located?
2. How many solar cell panels will Mark need to bring with him on his trip to Ares 4?
3. What speed of sandstorm gusts is a mission supposed to be able to handle?
4. How long does Mark have to sit around while his batteries recharge?
5. On Sol 42, how long does Mark say it will take for each tank of CO2 to finish filling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn’t it an issue that Mark can’t take the Pathfinder back to the Hab?
2. What happened to a laptop that Mark took outside?
3. What plan does Jack Trevor come up with to help communicate with Mark?
4. What is Dr. Shields’ opinion of Watney?
5. Why is the weak point of a lander the battery?
6. How does Mark arrange everything so he can return to the Hab with the probe?
7. Why does Mark put on the inner lining of his EVA suit before using the hydrazine?
8. Why does Venkat think Mark is using the RTG?
9. Who spoke at Watney’s memorial service?
10. Why does Mark have to do a photo-op in Chapter 11?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)