|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different ships are used to get to and from Mars?
2. What percent of carbon dioxide is the atmosphere on Mars?
3. What is Lewis’s scientific specialty?
(d) Mechanical engineering.
4. What is the normal percent of oxygen in the Earth’s atmosphere?
5. What speed of sandstorm gusts is a mission supposed to be able to handle?
(a) 150 kph.
(b) 125 kph.
(c) 175 kph.
(d) 100 kph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the crew members in Chapter 12 has a European Union flag on the uniform?
2. What was the speed of sandstorm gusts that buffeted Mark’s mission?
3. On Sol 40, what is the lowest percent that Mark can get the regulator to reduce the oxygen level to in the Hab at first?
4. On Sol 42, how long does it take to reduce the hydrazine and burn the hydrogen?
5. How long does Mark have to sit around while his batteries recharge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a portion of the MAV remain and why is it useful?
2. What is Mark’s first conversation with NASA on Sol 97?
3. What is Mindy Park’s job in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mindy believe that Watney is alive?
5. What plan does Jack Trevor come up with to help communicate with Mark?
6. What are the pros and cons of having hydrazine available?
7. Why does Mark decide to use ASCII to communicate with NASA?
8. What’s the situation with food supplies for Mark when he is stranded?
9. Why does Mark have to do a photo-op in Chapter 11?
10. Why does Mark put on the inner lining of his EVA suit before using the hydrazine?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)