|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there is too much oxygen, to what temperature does the regulator cool it?
(a) 32 F.
(b) 0 C.
(c) 21 kelvin.
(d) 90 kelvin.
2. In Chapter 12, how many seconds does Lewis say that Uncle Sam is paying for every second they are on Mars?
3. How many potatoes does Mark have to plant?
4. How many liters of water will Mark need for his farmland?
5. What does Vogel have to eat in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Ares 4’s MAV to get to Mars?
2. How long will the protein that Mark has last?
3. On Sol 42, how long does it take to reduce the hydrazine and burn the hydrogen?
4. What speed of sandstorm gusts is a mission supposed to be able to handle?
5. In Chapter 2, how many sols does Mark think it will be until the next ship arrives on Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the dangers that can kill Mark as he is stranded on Mars?
2. Why does Mark decide to use ASCII to communicate with NASA?
3. Why doesn’t Sanders want to give Venkat satellite time?
4. What is Mark’s first conversation with NASA on Sol 97?
5. How does Mark arrange everything so he can return to the Hab with the probe?
6. Why does Vankat want satellite time in Chapter 6?
7. Why does a portion of the MAV remain and why is it useful?
8. How does Mark get the lander safely on the roof of the rover?
9. On Sol 66, what is Mark’s mission?
10. What is Dr. Shields’ opinion of Watney?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)