|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Mark have to sit around while his batteries recharge?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 14 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
2. On Sol 42, how long does it take to reduce the hydrazine and burn the hydrogen?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
3. How days has a team of JPL engineers worked to piece together something that will interact with the modern Deep Space Network?
4. What is the normal percent of oxygen in the Earth’s atmosphere?
5. Where is Venkat Kapoor’s office located?
(a) Building 1.
(b) Building 9.
(c) Building 2.
(d) Building 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different ships are used to get to and from Mars?
2. When there is too much oxygen, to what temperature does the regulator cool it?
3. How many sols does Mark navigate through the valley which he names?
4. What percent oxygen is Mark getting when he regains consciousness after being stabbed by an antenna?
5. On Sol 98, how many random bytes does Mark have to transcribe one-half of a byte at a time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mindy Park’s job in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Mark put on the inner lining of his EVA suit before using the hydrazine?
3. Who spoke at Watney’s memorial service?
4. What is Plutonium-238?
5. Why does Mark have a good supply of EVA suits?
6. Why does Vankat want satellite time in Chapter 6?
7. Why does Mark have to do a photo-op in Chapter 11?
8. How does Mark get the lander safely on the roof of the rover?
9. Why isn’t it an issue that Mark can’t take the Pathfinder back to the Hab?
10. Where is Mark when he locates the Hab signal?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)