|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kilometers did Mark average per sol on his way to Pathfinder?
2. In Chapter 15, how long does Bruce say it will take to for a probe to get to Mars?
(a) 396 days.
(b) 414 days.
(c) 381 days.
(d) 423 days.
3. On Sol 194, what song does Mark choose for his theme song?
(a) “Life on Mars?”
(b) “Stayin’ Alive.”
(c) “Rocket Man.”
(d) “Alone Again (Naturally).”
4. For how many days does Rich Purnell have to calculate courses for Iris?
5. How many minutes does it take Mark to drill through the roof of the rover?
6. On what Sol is Mark done with the rover modifications?
7. In Chapter 13, how many times a day does Mark have to go to the rover for email?
8. How many liters of water is the water reclaimer designed to process daily?
9. In Chapter 15, how many potatoes does Mark have?
10. What is Martinez’s son’s name?
11. In Chapter 15, how many days does Bruce state they have to get a probe to Mars?
12. How many sols will Mark need to make the modifications that have to be made to the MAV?
13. Iris is the goddess of ______________.
14. With less daylight on Mars, how much longer will it take Mark to get the same energy from his solar panels?
(a) 6 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 5 times.
15. How many kilometers does Mark have to travel to get to Schiaparelli?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once launched, how long will Iris stay in orbit?
2. On Sol 434, how far does Mark have to make an EVA that he indicates is annoying?
3. When Mark makes his test drive, how far will he be from the Hab?
4. In Chapter 15, how many liters of water does Mark have?
5. How long do the Earth botanists believe Mark will have food?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)