|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With less daylight on Mars, how much longer will it take Mark to get the same energy from his solar panels?
(a) 4 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 6 times.
2. Once Mark gets out of the airlock on Sol 119, how long does he believe that the EVA suit will last?
(a) 6 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 3 minutes.
(d) 4 minutes.
3. How many kilometers does Mark have to travel to get to Schiaparelli?
4. Iris is the goddess of ______________.
5. On what sol does Mark get past the dust storm?
6. On Sol 436, how long does Mark test his bedroom after patching it up?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
7. During a status update on Iris in Chapter 15, how many days does Bruce think it will take to finish Iris?
8. On Sol 498 after the rover rolls, how many liters of oxygen does Mark have?
9. On Sol 444, how many sols does Mark report that he spent driving in circles to test the rover?
10. In Chapter 13, when does NASA plan to get a probe with supplies to Mark?
(a) Sol 856.
(b) Sol 769.
(c) Sol 898.
(d) Sol 739.
11. How many liters of water is the water reclaimer designed to process daily?
12. How many holes has Mark drilled on Sol 192 by sunset?
13. What is Martinez’s son’s name?
14. During the conference in Houston in Chapter 21, at what percent of normal is the sunlight reaching Mars?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
15. How many sols will Mark need to make the modifications that have to be made to the MAV?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Venkat and Teddy to fly to China?
2. In Chapter 23, how many meters does the rover tumble?
3. What was the original number of days the Ares 3 mission was to last?
4. How many televisions are in Annie Montrose’s private office?
5. How many children do Vogel and his wife have?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)