|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different ships are used to get to and from Mars?
2. In which branch of the military is Lewis?
(b) Air Force.
3. Phobos is the god of ___________.
4. What percent oxygen is Mark getting when he regains consciousness after being stabbed by an antenna?
5. After the explosion on Sol 40, how long does it take to get the oxygen level back up to par in the Hab?
(a) 3 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 21 minutes.
6. On Sol 79, how long has Mark been the road?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
7. On Sol 82, what landmark does Mark see that indicate he is near Pathfinder?
(a) Ares Vallis.
(b) Acidalia Planitia.
(c) Twin Peaks.
8. How does Mark react when he learn the Pathfinder is communicating with Earth?
(a) Flips off Mars.
(b) Cries like a baby.
(c) Shouts and screams.
(d) Jumps up and down.
9. When there is too much oxygen, to what temperature does the regulator cool it?
(a) 32 F.
(b) 0 C.
(c) 21 kelvin.
(d) 90 kelvin.
10. What does Johanssen like to read?
(a) Jane Austin.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Agatha Christie.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
11. How many minutes longer is a sol than a day?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 39 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 48 minutes.
12. In Chapter 6, how many unread emails does Venkat have?
13. What was the speed of sandstorm gusts that buffeted Mark’s mission?
(a) 150 kph.
(b) 225 kph.
(c) 200 kph.
(d) 175 kph.
14. How many liters of water will Mark need for his farmland?
15. In Chapter 2, how many sols does Mark think it will be until the next ship arrives on Mars?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the normal percent of oxygen in the Earth’s atmosphere?
2. How long did it take Mark’s crew to get to Mars?
3. Whose suit does Mark use to store water?
4. To what degree does Mark intend to lower the temperature in the Hab to keep the soil alive while he extracts the hydrogen?
5. How far does the Hab’s nav beacon reach?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)