|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the protein that Mark has last?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 940 days.
(c) 1,009 days.
(d) 3 years.
2. On Sol 75, what does Mark name the valley that allows him to follow the hills rather than simply navigate by Phobos?
3. How long is the Hab designed to last?
(a) 31 days.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 110 days.
(d) 64 days.
4. At what point might Mark’s crew believe that he has died?
(a) Sol 9.
(b) Sol 6.
(c) Sol 10.
(d) Sol 4.
5. How days has a team of JPL engineers worked to piece together something that will interact with the modern Deep Space Network?
6. What show does Mark decide to watch on Sol 41?
(a) Dukes of Hazzard.
(b) Three’s Company.
(c) Gilligan’s Island.
(d) Mary Tyler Moore.
7. What is the least number of days it might take Mark to get to Ares 4?
8. On Sol 82, what landmark does Mark see that indicate he is near Pathfinder?
(a) Twin Peaks.
(b) Acidalia Planitia.
(d) Ares Vallis.
9. How long does it take Mark to fire out a pop-tent?
(a) 15 seconds.
(b) 2 seconds.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
10. How long did it take Mark’s crew to get to Mars?
(a) 83 days.
(b) 124 days.
(c) 239 days.
(d) 18 days.
11. How many days does it usually take to yield full-sized potatoes?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 180 days.
(c) 75 days.
(d) 115 days.
12. In which branch of the military is Lewis?
(b) Air Force.
13. How many sols does Mark navigate through the valley which he names?
14. In Chapter 12, how many centimeters down does Vogel want the other to dig to get soil samples?
15. Of the distance required to reach the Schiaparelli crater, how many kilometers is nice, smooth terrain?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Ares 4’s MAV to get to Mars?
2. What does Johanssen like to read?
3. How many kilometers can a rover travel on a full charge?
4. What is the top speed in kilometers per hour that a rover can travel?
5. At what angle do the solar cells sit in the lightweight lattice that holds them?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)