|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Sol 42, how much water has Mark made?
(a) 1,002 gallons.
(b) 470 liters.
(c) 130 liters.
(d) 714 gallons.
2. How long is the Hab designed to last?
(a) 64 days.
(b) 110 days.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 31 days.
3. How long does Mark have to sit around while his batteries recharge?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 14 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
4. Of the distance required to reach the Schiaparelli crater, how many kilometers is nice, smooth terrain?
5. What type of music did Johanssen bring to listen to?
(c) New Age.
(d) Rolling Stones.
6. In Chapter 11, how long has Mark spent as the loneliest man in history?
(a) 65 days.
(b) 100 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
7. To what degree does Mark intend to lower the temperature in the Hab to keep the soil alive while he extracts the hydrogen?
(a) 1 C.
(b) 4 C.
(c) 10 F.
(d) 25 F.
8. On Sol 75, what does Mark name the valley that allows him to follow the hills rather than simply navigate by Phobos?
9. Whose suit does Mark use to store water?
10. On Sol 81, how far is Mark from Pathfinder?
(a) 31 kilometers.
(b) 12 kilometers.
(c) 22 kilometers.
(d) 19 kilometers.
11. How many square meters of soar paneling does Mark have?
(c) About 200.
(d) Over 100.
12. In Chapter 11, how often can a message be sent to Watney?
(a) In 90 minutes.
(b) Once an hour.
(c) Every 30 minutes.
(d) In two hours.
13. What music is on Lewis’s USB drive that Mark finds in Rover 2?
(a) Dub step.
14. On Sol 98, how many random bytes does Mark have to transcribe one-half of a byte at a time?
15. How many individuals can ride in the MDV?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which branch of the military is Lewis?
2. In Chapter 11, where is Venkat’s temporary office?
3. How many unmanned missions did it take to deliver the supplies for Mark’s mission on Mars?
4. How many liters of water will Mark need for his farmland?
5. What type of engines power the Hermes?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)