|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Venkat Kapoor’s office located?
(a) Building 1.
(b) Building 9.
(c) Building 2.
(d) Building 3.
2. How many minutes longer is a sol than a day?
(a) 39 minutes.
(b) 48 minutes.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
3. Whose suit does Mark use to store water?
4. After the explosion on Sol 40, how long does it take to get the oxygen level back up to par in the Hab?
(a) 21 minutes.
(b) 3 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 8 minutes.
5. On Sol 98, how many random bytes does Mark have to transcribe one-half of a byte at a time?
6. What was Mark’s Ares Mission?
7. What is the least number of days it might take Mark to get to Ares 4?
8. In which branch of the military is Lewis?
(d) Air Force.
9. Phobos is the god of ___________.
10. What show does Mark decide to watch on Sol 41?
(a) Gilligan’s Island.
(b) Dukes of Hazzard.
(c) Three’s Company.
(d) Mary Tyler Moore.
11. In Chapter 11, what do people keep asking Venkat for when he is trying to work in his temporary office?
(d) Diet Coke.
12. How long is the Hab designed to last?
(a) 31 days.
(b) 64 days.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 110 days.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many months of travel does Lewis’s crew have to endure?
14. What type of music did Johanssen bring to listen to?
(b) Rolling Stones.
(c) New Age.
15. How many months before a mission does NASA sent the MAV?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how long has Mark spent as the loneliest man in history?
2. How long did it take Ares 4’s MAV to get to Mars?
3. What was the speed of sandstorm gusts that buffeted Mark’s mission?
4. What is the total amount of square meters of farmland that Mark can use if he can overcome some problems?
5. How long does it take Mark to fire out a pop-tent?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)