|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how many months of travel does Lewis’s crew have to endure?
2. At what point might Mark’s crew believe that he has died?
(a) Sol 10.
(b) Sol 4.
(c) Sol 9.
(d) Sol 6.
3. In Chapter 7, how far away is the Schiaparelli crater from Mark?
(a) 3,200 kilometers.
(b) 587 kilometers.
(c) 816 kilometers.
(d) 1,894 kilometers.
4. What was the operational radius for Mark’s mission?
(a) 5 kilometers.
(b) 15 kilometers.
(c) 10 kilometers.
(d) 20 kilometers.
5. What speed of sandstorm gusts is a mission supposed to be able to handle?
(a) 100 kph.
(b) 125 kph.
(c) 150 kph.
(d) 175 kph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Venkat Kapoor’s office located?
2. How many unmanned missions did it take to deliver the supplies for Mark’s mission on Mars?
3. On Sol 42, how long does Mark say it will take for each tank of CO2 to finish filling?
4. How many kilometers can a rover travel on a full charge?
5. How many potatoes does Mark have to plant?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)