|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the earthquake, where do Jerónimo's legs carry him?
(a) Wherever a woman's dress flaps in the wind.
(b) In the same direction that the other survivors are going.
(c) To an old meeting place.
(d) Towards the sun's rays.
2. Why does the father of another baby approach Josefa?
(a) His wife just gave birth and he is unsure of what to do.
(b) His child will not stop crying.
(c) His baby is sick.
(d) His wife is too injured to nurse their son.
3. What does Don do after the man makes his announcement?
(a) He tells the man to leave.
(b) He leads them away from the crowd.
(c) He tries to appease the crowd.
(d) He joins the crowd.
4. What did Jerónimo and Josefa do after Jerónimo lost his job?
(a) They had a secret relationship.
(b) They planned to run away together.
(c) They begged others for forgiveness.
(d) They severed all ties.
5. What is Jerónimo about to do when the story begins?
(a) Meet with Josefa.
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Hang himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the destruction, what was Josefa sure of?
2. What kind of tree does the young family rest against on the night of the earthquake?
3. How does the father of another baby describe the earthquake?
4. When does a father of another baby approach Josefa?
5. What is Don told about Jerónimo and Josefa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the priest make sure to point out during his sermon?
2. What effect does the favor that Josefa agrees to do for the man have?
3. What happens to Jerónimo and Josefa in the end?
4. What does the priest preach about at the service?
5. What is Jerónimo's and Josefa's plan for the future?
6. What does Jerónimo ask people on the streets?
7. What do Don and his wife decide to do?
8. What is Don Fernando told on the way to the city?
9. After the earthquake, where does Jerónimo go?
10. Where do Jerónimo and Josefa decide to go the morning after the earthquake?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)