|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jerónimo find Josefa?
(a) Near a stream.
(b) Amongst the rubble.
(c) Sitting peacefully on a hillside.
(d) At the church.
2. What is the name of Don Fernando's son?
3. What happens to Jerónimo's and Josefa's baby?
(a) The baby is taken away.
(b) Don and his wife adopt him.
(c) The baby dies.
(d) The baby is raised at the church.
4. Where does Jerónimo collapse after the earthquake?
(a) On a hillside.
(b) In the arms of a stranger.
(c) In the convent.
(d) By a river.
5. Why was Jerónimo fired from his job?
(a) He was rude to his boss.
(b) He was always late and never did his work properly.
(c) He stole from his boss.
(d) He was having a relationship with the boss's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerónimo do when he awakens after the earthquake?
2. Why does the father of another baby approach Josefa?
3. What were priests running through the streets yelling?
4. Where is Jerónimo when the story begins?
5. Where do they plan on going after the tremors stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Jerónimo is in his jail cell?
2. What is Jerónimo's and Josefa's plan for the future?
3. What does Jerónimo find by a stream?
4. What did Josefa do after seeing the collapsed jail?
5. What does Jerónimo ask people on the streets?
6. How does Don Fernando try to help Jerónimo and Josefa?
7. What happens to Jerónimo and Josefa in the end?
8. Who approaches Josefa for help?
9. What is Jerónimo planning to do in his jail cell?
10. What does the priest make sure to point out during his sermon?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)