|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the earthquake, where do Jerónimo's legs carry him?
(a) To an old meeting place.
(b) In the same direction that the other survivors are going.
(c) Wherever a woman's dress flaps in the wind.
(d) Towards the sun's rays.
2. Who do Jerónimo and Josefa rest with after the earthquake?
(a) A clergyman and some nuns.
(b) One family who also have a baby.
(c) A group of people who also escaped the city.
(d) Josefa's brother's family.
3. What does the crowd try to do after the man makes his announcement?
(a) They glare at Jerónimo and Josefa.
(b) They hush the man.
(c) They banish Jerónimo and Josefa.
(d) They try to kill Jerónimo and Josefa.
4. What does a man announce in the church?
(a) That Jerónimo and Josefa are present.
(b) That another earthquake will take place.
(c) That Jerónimo and Josefa blame themselves for the earthquake.
(d) That someone has stolen his cow.
5. What was the capital of this country at this time?
(c) Punta Arenas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this event taking place?
2. What happened to the convent where the baby was being cared for?
3. What do people believe of Josefa's fate?
4. What is Jerónimo about to do when the story begins?
5. What is the name of Don Fernando's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jerónimo's and Josefa's plan for the future?
2. What happens to Don Fernando's baby?
3. After the earthquake, where does Jerónimo go?
4. Why is Jerónimo in jail?
5. What is Don Fernando told on the way to the city?
6. What effect does the favor that Josefa agrees to do for the man have?
7. What did Josefa do after seeing the collapsed jail?
8. What happens while Jerónimo is in his jail cell?
9. What does Jerónimo find by a stream?
10. What does the priest preach about at the service?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)