|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man announce in the church?
(a) That Jerónimo and Josefa are present.
(b) That another earthquake will take place.
(c) That Jerónimo and Josefa blame themselves for the earthquake.
(d) That someone has stolen his cow.
2. Where do they plan to go after securing a loan?
3. What were people doing when Jerónimo and Josefa awoke the morning after the earthquake?
(a) Gossiping about the young lovers.
(b) Tallying up the deceased.
(c) Preparing breakfast.
(d) Planning a trip across the lake.
4. Who do Jerónimo and Josefa rest with after the earthquake?
(a) One family who also have a baby.
(b) A clergyman and some nuns.
(c) A group of people who also escaped the city.
(d) Josefa's brother's family.
5. What does Jerónimo do when he awakens after the earthquake?
(a) He cleans himself off.
(b) He looks for some water.
(c) He tends to his injuries.
(d) He thanks God for his salvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Josefa was about to embrace the abbess?
2. Who is Don Fernando?
3. Where is Don Fernando's wife injured?
4. Where does Jerónimo find Josefa?
5. Why was Josefa put in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jerónimo in jail?
2. What happens to Jerónimo and Josefa in the end?
3. What does Jerónimo find by a stream?
4. What happens while Jerónimo is in his jail cell?
5. What did Josefa do after seeing the collapsed jail?
6. Who approaches Josefa for help?
7. How does Don Fernando try to help Jerónimo and Josefa?
8. What effect does the favor that Josefa agrees to do for the man have?
9. What is Jerónimo's and Josefa's plan for the future?
10. What is Jerónimo planning to do in his jail cell?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)