|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Josefa pray for after the earthquake?
(a) Jerónimo's soul.
(d) Her baby's soul.
2. How long is Jerónimo unconscious?
(a) Over an hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) A quarter of an hour.
(d) An hour or so.
3. Why do they want to go to this place after securing a loan?
(a) Josefa believes they will find peace there.
(b) Jerónimo's relatives on his mother's side live there.
(c) Josefa's aunt lives there.
(d) Jerónimo has friends who live there.
4. Where is this event taking place?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the next city over.
(c) In the city.
(d) On the beach.
5. Where does Jerónimo find Josefa?
(a) Sitting peacefully on a hillside.
(b) At the church.
(c) Near a stream.
(d) Amongst the rubble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people doing when Jerónimo and Josefa awoke the morning after the earthquake?
2. Who lives at the place where Jerónimo and Josefa plan to go?
3. Where is Jerónimo when the story begins?
4. What is Don told about Jerónimo and Josefa?
5. What happened to the convent where the baby was being cared for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Don Fernando's baby?
2. What is Jerónimo planning to do in his jail cell?
3. After the earthquake, where does Jerónimo go?
4. What does Jerónimo ask people on the streets?
5. What does the priest make sure to point out during his sermon?
6. What effect does the favor that Josefa agrees to do for the man have?
7. What happens to Jerónimo and Josefa in the end?
8. What does a man announce during the service, and how does the crowd react to this?
9. What does Jerónimo find by a stream?
10. What is Don Fernando told on the way to the city?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)