|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerónimo ask the crowds of people escaping the city?
(a) If they have seen Josefa.
(b) If Josefa was executed.
(c) If Josefa is with her mother.
(d) If Josefa is looking for him.
2. How long is Jerónimo unconscious?
(a) A quarter of an hour.
(b) An hour or so.
(c) Over an hour.
(d) Half an hour.
3. What was the capital of this country at this time?
(c) Punta Arenas.
4. What does the priest make sure to point out?
(a) Those who perished.
(b) Jerónimo's and Josefa's circumstances.
(c) His own survival and the survival of the church.
(d) The importance of remembering the earthquake.
5. What happens to Jerónimo's and Josefa's baby?
(a) The baby is raised at the church.
(b) The baby is taken away.
(c) Don and his wife adopt him.
(d) The baby dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jerónimo fired from his job?
2. What is the name of Don Fernando's son?
3. What were priests running through the streets yelling?
4. What is Josefa doing when Jerónimo finds her?
5. What happens after Josefa helps the father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Don Fernando's baby?
2. What effect does the favor that Josefa agrees to do for the man have?
3. What happens to Jerónimo and Josefa in the end?
4. What does Jerónimo find by a stream?
5. What does Jerónimo ask people on the streets?
6. What does the priest preach about at the service?
7. After the earthquake, where does Jerónimo go?
8. What happened at the convent?
9. What is Don Fernando told on the way to the city?
10. How does Don Fernando try to help Jerónimo and Josefa?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)