|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Earthquake in Chile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Count F from?
2. While the Count is away on his trip, what does the Marquise begin to suffer from?
(c) Fits of rage.
(d) Her usual sickness.
3. After the earthquake, where do Jerónimo's legs carry him?
(a) Wherever a woman's dress flaps in the wind.
(b) Towards the sun's rays.
(c) In the same direction that the other survivors are going.
(d) To an old meeting place.
4. Why does the Count want to marry the Marquise?
(a) To deal with his loneliness.
(b) To pacify his soul.
(c) To produce an heir to his fortune.
(d) To get a hold of her fortune.
5. How does the Count locate the Marquise?
(a) He sneaks into the backyard.
(b) He breaks down the door.
(c) He waits until the Marquise goes for a walk.
(d) He bribes the porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd try to do after the man makes his announcement?
2. Why does the Marquise pack up her belongings, as well as her children's things?
3. Why does the father of another baby approach Josefa?
4. According to the Count, what is the Marquise more of than the rest of them?
5. What does the Marquise do after Count F saves her?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)