|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Foundling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Marquise of O-"?
(a) Hermann Hesse.
(b) Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
(c) Heinrich von Kleist.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
2. How many children is the Marquise raising?
3. Why does Xaviera want to undo Elvira?
(a) Elvira had gossiped about Xaviera in the past.
(b) Because Elvira is in love with Nicolo.
(c) Xaviera blames Elvira for the difficulties she has with Nicolo.
(d) Xaviera is jealous of Elvira's position.
4. What does Xaviera boast about?
(a) Cheating Nicolo of his money.
(b) Having a secret fortune.
(c) Being the most desirable woman in town.
(d) An acquaintance among the noblemen.
5. Why is there a strain of quiet sadness in Elvira's character?
(a) Because Elvira grieves for her dead mother.
(b) Because Elvira is unable to have children.
(c) Because of an incident during Elvira's childhood.
(d) Because Elvira is unhappy in her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Josefa going to embrace the abbess?
2. What happens to Jerónimo's and Josefa's baby?
3. Who first seduces Nicolo?
4. How does the father of another baby describe the earthquake?
5. Why does the Marquise call for a doctor?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)