|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faction became particularly powerful as a result of Republican policies?
(a) New York commercial interests.
(b) Southern agriculturalists.
(c) Western railroads.
(d) Northern manufacturers.
2. How does Sellers characterize the ethic Jackson got from his family?
3. What does Sellers say the original economic conflict took place between in America?
(a) Land and market.
(b) Market and currency.
(c) Indigene and immigrant.
(d) Farmer and manufacturer.
4. Who will suffer with expanding markets?
5. What factory work does Sellers say became much more efficient in Jackson's America?
(a) Railroad manufacturing.
(b) Gun production.
(c) Cotton processing.
(d) Paper processing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faction found favor after James Monroe's presidency?
2. What does Sellers say Thomas Jefferson's Republicanism emphasizes?
3. Who became Speaker of the House under James Monroe?
4. What kinds of positions does Sellers say became more rare in Jackson's America?
5. Who did Andrew Jackson defeat for the democratic nomination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Republican strategy for the election of 1824?
2. How does Sellers characterize the period covered in The Market Revolution?
3. How did American politics change as a result of the economic crash?
4. What was James Monroe's role in the development of American capitalism?
5. What historical developments disturbed the equality between Madisonian and Jeffersonian forces?
6. What period does Sellers's book cover?
7. What happened to the momentum Thomas Jefferson brought into office?
8. Where did support for Andrew Jackson come from, in Sellers's account?
9. What came out of the period Sellers covers?
10. Describe the outcome of the election of 1824.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)