|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the liberal capitalist morality like, which Sellers says was offended?
2. What did the Speaker of the House under James Monroe advocate?
(a) Free trade.
(b) Tight credit supply.
3. What was DeWitt Clinton's role in the Republican party?
(a) Opposition candidate.
(b) Party kingmaker.
(d) Populist leader.
4. How does Sellers characterize Jackson?
(a) Devoted regionalist.
(b) Anti-intellectual rabble-rouser.
(c) Conservative bureaucrat.
(d) Ardent nationalist.
5. To what does Sellers attribute the rise in democratic sentiment?
(a) The people's desire for cheaper goods.
(b) The people's desire for western expansion.
(c) The people's desire for peace.
(d) The people's desire for stability.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the order that came out of the Jacksonian era last, according to Sellers?
2. What is the first event of 1810 Sellers describes?
3. What faction became particularly powerful as a result of Republican policies?
4. Whom did Andrew Jackson oppose in battle?
5. What did John Calhoun support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to debtors when the economy crashed, in Sellers's account?
2. What was John Quincy Adams's role in the development of American capitalism?
3. What was the Supreme Court's role in the development of American capitalism?
4. What happened when Andrew Jackson intervened against Spanish Florida?
5. What period does Sellers's book cover?
6. What was Martin Van Buren's importance in opposing the Republican party?
7. What historical developments disturbed the equality between Madisonian and Jeffersonian forces?
8. What was the result of America's expansion, in Sellers's account?
9. What role did religion play in the transformation of American culture, in Sellers's account?
10. Where else beside New York did democratic opposition to Republicans succeed?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)