|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Ambiguous Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause that created regional tensions Jackson and Martin Van Buren had to quell?
(a) Ending the international slave trade.
(c) The Tariff of Abominations.
(d) Whiskey rebellion.
2. Who did Andrew Jackson defeat for the democratic nomination?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) John Calhoun.
(d) James Monroe.
3. Who were the Bucktails opposed to in New York?
(a) The federal government.
(b) Southern manufacturers.
(c) The democratic elites.
(d) The Republican establishment.
4. What led to the expansion of trade routes, according to Sellers?
(a) Fewer pirates.
(b) Larger markets.
(c) Faster production times.
(d) Improved ships.
5. What did crusaders NOT campaign for after the economic stress of 1819?
(a) Marital infidelity.
(b) Pre-marital sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Jackson during the panic of 1819?
2. Who will suffer with expanding markets?
3. Why was Andrew Jackson censured under John Quincy Adams?
4. What ideology reigned in the National Bank of the U.S.?
5. What did the Supreme Court effectively decide, which helped expansionism?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)