|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Ambiguous Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will suffer with expanding markets?
2. Where did DeWitt Clinton come from?
(a) New York.
3. How did Biddle ultimately make sure the Federal Bank would die, in Sellers's account?
(a) He mismanaged the monetary supply.
(b) He neglected to consider the cost of the federal debt in debt maintenance.
(c) He played his policies just right.
(d) He overplayed his hand.
4. What did the Moderate Light churches begin to focus on, according to Sellers?
(a) Economic issues.
(b) Social issues.
(c) Political issues.
(d) Race issues.
5. How was the question of slavery's expansion into Missouri cast?
(a) As a fight over states' rights.
(b) As a cultural fight to the death.
(c) As a human rights issue.
(d) As an economic issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David Ricardo theorize?
2. How does Sellers say Americans reproduced in Jackson's America?
3. How did the Second Great Awakening affect Jackson's America, according to Sellers?
4. What was the result of increasing demands on northern manufacturers, according to Sellers?
5. According to Sellers, what changed the cost of labor, in Jackson's America?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)