|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Ambiguous Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sellers, what changed the cost of labor, in Jackson's America?
(a) Territorial expansion.
(b) Population explosion.
2. What did John Calhoun support?
(a) Infrastructural expansion.
(b) Equal distribution of wealth.
(c) States' rights.
(d) Free trade.
3. Which of these was NOT a problem Andrew Jackson saw in the National Bank?
(a) Creating booms and busts.
(b) Putting the nation into debt.
(c) Encouraging the concentration of wealth.
(d) Depreciating assets.
4. Who led South Carolina in opposition to Jackson and Martin Van Buren?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) James Monroe.
(c) John Calhoun.
(d) Henry Clay.
5. What direction does Sellers say the political parties moved in as a result of the 1810 economic crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Second Great Awakening affect Jackson's America, according to Sellers?
2. What was the benefit for which the country was suffering inflation, monetary instability, debt, and the boom-bust cycle?
3. Who does Sellers say Jackson came to be sympathetic with after the Panic of 1819?
4. How does Sellers describe America at the beginning of the Jacksonian era?
5. Where does Sellers say the religious movement in the 19th century originated?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)