|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Ambiguous Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did pre-marital sex have to be restricted?
(a) To keep women married.
(b) To keep marriage sacred.
(c) To keep men obedient.
(d) To keep women pure.
2. How was the crisis that came from South Carolina's stance averted, according to Sellers?
(a) Tariffs were reduced.
(b) The Constitution was amended.
(c) Slavery was allowed to move into western territories.
(d) The military was called in.
3. What did the Speaker of the House under James Monroe advocate?
(a) Tight credit supply.
(c) Free trade.
4. When does Sellers date the beginning of the Jacksonian era?
5. What does Sellers say would be the result of expanding markets?
(a) Concentration of wealth.
(b) Proletarian uprisings.
(c) Restricting the creation of wealth.
(d) Distribution of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivered this result for the northern manufacturers?
2. What did the Bucktails accomplish in their revolt in New York?
3. Which direction does Sellers say John Story pushed Supreme Court jurisprudence?
4. What kinds of positions does Sellers say became more rare in Jackson's America?
5. How was the question of slavery's expansion into Missouri cast?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)