|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Politicians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which interests did the Speaker of the House want to strength?
2. What did the Bucktails accomplish in their revolt in New York?
(a) A democratically managed party.
(b) A more radical party.
(c) Relief from federally mandated tariffs.
(d) Reforms on the Supreme Court.
3. What was John Taylor's role in the reforms of 1810?
(c) Conservative Republican.
(d) Radical democratic.
4. What did John Calhoun support?
(a) States' rights.
(b) Free trade.
(c) Infrastructural expansion.
(d) Equal distribution of wealth.
5. Why did pre-marital sex have to be restricted?
(a) To keep marriage sacred.
(b) To keep women married.
(c) To keep men obedient.
(d) To keep women pure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sellers situate Jonathan Edwards and Samuel Hopkins?
2. What did Robert Owen advocate?
3. What was the major issue that raised tensions in advance of the 1828 election?
4. What ideology reigned in the National Bank of the U.S.?
5. What was the result of increasing demands on northern manufacturers, according to Sellers?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)