|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Politicians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sellers say the Republican pro-market forces counteracted anti-market forces?
(a) By making compromises with them.
(b) By rigging elections against their candidates.
(c) By buying or suppressing their votes.
(d) By getting them to support Republicans.
2. What was John Taylor an advocate of?
(a) Federal oversight.
(b) Paper money.
(c) States rights.
(d) Reforming banking corruption.
3. Where does Sellers situate Jonathan Edwards and Samuel Hopkins?
(a) Closer to Baptists than Unitarians.
(b) On the more radical side of the antinomians.
(c) On the more conservative side of the Unitarians.
(d) Between antinomians and Unitarians.
4. What does capitalism result in, according to Sellers?
(a) The mechanicalization of sex.
(b) Repression of sex.
(c) The celebration of sex.
(d) The sterilization of sex.
5. What is the side effect of economic stress, according to Sellers?
(b) Emotional repression.
(d) Social mobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did liberal Democrats view Republican use of paper currency?
2. In what case was expansionism restrained?
3. Whom did Andrew Jackson oppose in battle?
4. Who gained power during the economic crash?
5. How was the question of slavery's expansion into Missouri cast?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)