|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Bucktails opposed to in New York?
(a) Southern manufacturers.
(b) The Republican establishment.
(c) The federal government.
(d) The democratic elites.
2. Who felt threatened by the market revolution, according to Sellers?
(a) Commercial groups.
(b) Large landholders.
(c) Big merchants.
3. What was the liberal capitalist morality like, which Sellers says was offended?
4. What was the condition of the U.S. in Jackson's time?
(a) Mostly open territory.
(b) Mostly agricultural territory.
(c) Mostly Eastern seaboard territory.
(d) Mostly settled territory.
5. What did the Speaker of the House under James Monroe advocate?
(a) Tight credit supply.
(d) Free trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sellers say happened to debtors when the economic crashed?
2. What was John Taylor an advocate of?
3. What sphere did NOT change under Jackson, according to Sellers?
4. Why was Andrew Jackson censured under John Quincy Adams?
5. What prevented Andrew Jackson's censure?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)