|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Andrew Jackson censured under John Quincy Adams?
(a) War crimes.
(c) Intrusion into Florida.
(d) Massacring Native Americans.
2. What does Sellers say Jackson learned from his mother as a child?
(a) Defend yourself.
(b) Do the right thing.
(c) Never tell a lie.
(d) Get ahead.
3. What does Sellers say the original economic conflict took place between in America?
(a) Market and currency.
(b) Land and market.
(c) Indigene and immigrant.
(d) Farmer and manufacturer.
4. Who revolted against the New York Republican power structure?
(a) Martin Van Buren.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Henry Clay.
(d) John Taylor.
5. Who succeeded James Monroe in the White House?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Henry Clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ideology reigned in the National Bank of the U.S.?
2. What led to the expansion of trade routes, according to Sellers?
3. How does Sellers describe America at the beginning of the Jacksonian era?
4. What faction became particularly powerful as a result of Republican policies?
5. What does Sellers say the growth of American wealth resulted in?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)