|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sellers say happened to debtors when the economic crashed?
(a) They were able to buy land extremely cheap.
(b) They lost their fortunes.
(c) They were overwhelmed by depreciating currency.
(d) They were left with worthless promissory notes.
2. Who pressed for the First Bank of the United States?
(a) New York commercial interests.
(b) Western railroads.
(c) Southern agriculturalists.
(d) Northern manufacturers.
3. What was the condition of the U.S. in Jackson's time?
(a) Mostly Eastern seaboard territory.
(b) Mostly open territory.
(c) Mostly settled territory.
(d) Mostly agricultural territory.
4. Who revolted against the New York Republican power structure?
(a) Martin Van Buren.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) John Taylor.
5. What does Sellers say would be the result of expanding markets?
(a) Distribution of wealth.
(b) Proletarian uprisings.
(c) Concentration of wealth.
(d) Restricting the creation of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Taylor's role in the reforms of 1810?
2. Which interests did the Speaker of the House want to strength?
3. How does Sellers compare James Madison to Thomas Jefferson?
4. Who brought Thomas Jefferson to power?
5. How does Sellers describe America at the beginning of the Jacksonian era?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)