|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Hard Times, Hard Feelings, Hard Money.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ideology reigned in the National Bank of the U.S.?
(a) International mercantilism.
(b) Agriculture democracy.
(c) National socialism.
(d) National Republicanism.
2. What does Sellers say would be the result of expanding markets?
(a) Proletarian uprisings.
(b) Concentration of wealth.
(c) Restricting the creation of wealth.
(d) Distribution of wealth.
3. Which direction does Sellers say John Story pushed Supreme Court jurisprudence?
(a) Toward agrarianism.
(b) Toward Republicanism.
(c) Toward laissez-faire capitalism.
(d) Toward American isolationism.
4. What does Sellers say happened to new workers in Jackson's America?
(a) They moved west.
(b) They were organized in unions.
(c) They were "deskilled."
(d) They were sent back to Europe.
5. What was John Taylor's role in the reforms of 1810?
(b) Radical democratic.
(d) Conservative Republican.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Taylor an advocate of?
2. When does Sellers date the beginning of the Jacksonian era?
3. What was the condition of the U.S. in Jackson's time?
4. What prevented Andrew Jackson's censure?
5. Which interests did the Speaker of the House want to strength?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)