|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Hard Times, Hard Feelings, Hard Money.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the order that came out of the Jacksonian era last, according to Sellers?
(a) Until the Great War.
(b) Until the Civil War.
(c) Until the present.
(d) Until World War II.
2. What is the first event of 1810 Sellers describes?
(a) The concentration of political power in democratic states.
(b) The collapse of the Republican power structure.
(c) The rise of abolitionism.
(d) The concentration of wealth in elite hands.
3. How does Sellers say James Monroe responded to the expansionism in his government?
(a) Waffling support.
(b) Mild trepidations.
(c) Strong opposition.
(d) Wholehearted enthusiasm.
4. How does Sellers say the Supreme Court used its power?
(a) Protecting corporations.
(b) Striking down state laws.
(c) Reducing the power of the legislature.
(d) Protecting individuals.
5. What does Sellers say the growth of American wealth resulted in?
(a) America as a technological leader.
(b) America as an agricultural nation.
(c) America as a world power.
(d) America as a business-friendly government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which interests did the Speaker of the House want to strength?
2. Where did DeWitt Clinton come from?
3. Which direction does Sellers say John Story pushed Supreme Court jurisprudence?
4. Who were the Bucktails opposed to in New York?
5. How did liberal Democrats view Republican use of paper currency?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)