|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Hard Times, Hard Feelings, Hard Money.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gained power during the economic crash?
(a) Radical Republicans.
(b) Radical Democrats.
(c) Moderate Democrats.
(d) Conservative Republicans.
2. Who will suffer with expanding markets?
3. What did the Supreme Court effectively decide, which helped expansionism?
(a) Institutionalization of laissez-faire capitalism.
(b) Unconstitutionality of regulation.
(c) States rights.
(d) Federal supremacy over the states.
4. What led to the expansion of trade routes, according to Sellers?
(a) Fewer pirates.
(b) Faster production times.
(c) Improved ships.
(d) Larger markets.
5. How does Sellers characterize labor in Jackson's America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Bucktails opposed to in New York?
2. Who did the public feel hostility toward, according to Sellers?
3. How does Sellers compare James Madison to Thomas Jefferson?
4. What faction became particularly powerful as a result of Republican policies?
5. Which group was on the decline by the time Monroe became president?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)