|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Hard Times, Hard Feelings, Hard Money.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of political picture did Jefferson's Democratic-Republicans espouse?
(a) Agricultural pre-capitalism.
(b) Technological capitalism.
(c) International socialism.
2. What force does Sellers say created political pressure from the South?
(b) Cotton industry.
(d) Elite investors.
3. Who felt threatened by the market revolution, according to Sellers?
(b) Big merchants.
(c) Commercial groups.
(d) Large landholders.
4. Who were the Bucktails opposed to in New York?
(a) The Republican establishment.
(b) The federal government.
(c) The democratic elites.
(d) Southern manufacturers.
5. What does Sellers say James Madison's Republicanism emphasizes?
(a) Free markets.
(c) Strong central government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factory work does Sellers say became much more efficient in Jackson's America?
2. How does Sellers say Americans reproduced in Jackson's America?
3. How long did the order that came out of the Jacksonian era last, according to Sellers?
4. Who does Sellers blame for the sense that things needed to be reformed?
5. What aspect of slavery offended liberal capitalist bourgeois morality, in Sellers' account?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)