|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Ethos vs. Eros.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What force does Sellers say created political pressure from the South?
(c) Cotton industry.
(d) Elite investors.
2. What faction found favor after James Monroe's presidency?
(a) New York commercial interests.
(d) Slave owners.
3. What direction does Sellers say the political parties moved in as a result of the 1810 economic crash?
4. Who brought Thomas Jefferson to power?
(a) Anti-commercial landowners.
(b) Factory owners and investors.
(c) Capitalist merchants.
(d) Freed slaves.
5. Which direction does Sellers say John Story pushed Supreme Court jurisprudence?
(a) Toward laissez-faire capitalism.
(b) Toward American isolationism.
(c) Toward Republicanism.
(d) Toward agrarianism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sellers say Jackson learned from his mother as a child?
2. Who pressed for the First Bank of the United States?
3. Why did pre-marital sex have to be restricted?
4. What does Sellers say James Madison's Republicanism emphasizes?
5. What did the First Bank of the United States do to the economy?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)