|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Ethos vs. Eros.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the side effect of economic stress, according to Sellers?
(c) Emotional repression.
(d) Social mobility.
2. What happened to Jackson during the panic of 1819?
(a) He lost a lot of money.
(b) His family lost their estate.
(c) He bought a larger house.
(d) He made a lot of money.
3. What was John Taylor an advocate of?
(a) Federal oversight.
(b) States rights.
(c) Paper money.
(d) Reforming banking corruption.
4. What ideology reigned in the National Bank of the U.S.?
(a) Agriculture democracy.
(b) International mercantilism.
(c) National socialism.
(d) National Republicanism.
5. What step did the Speaker of the House take to expand the American market nationwide?
(a) Tighten immigration restrictions.
(b) Incentives for railroad developers.
(c) Light tariffs on imported goods.
(d) Subsidies for the heartland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did things change for political elites, according to Sellers?
2. Who succeeded James Monroe in the White House?
3. Which interests did the Speaker of the House want to strength?
4. Who does Sellers say will subvert democratic sentiment if markets expand?
5. Where was Andrew Jackson nominated for President?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)