|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Ethos vs. Eros.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sellers compare James Madison to Thomas Jefferson?
(a) More isolationist.
(b) More protectionist.
(c) Less business friendly.
(d) More market-oriented.
2. Why did masturbation have to be restricted, according to Sellers?
(a) It was undemocratic.
(b) It created rebelliousness.
(c) It debased the market.
(d) It sapped "vital energies."
3. How does Sellers describe the composition of the democratic field when Andrew Jackson was running for the democratic nomination?
4. Who does Sellers say will subvert democratic sentiment if markets expand?
(a) Career politicians.
(b) Elite lawyers.
(c) Cotton producers.
5. What direction does Sellers say the political parties moved in as a result of the 1810 economic crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was making the problem of male sexual liberation more difficult, in Sellers's account?
2. How does Sellers characterize Jackson?
3. What did the First Bank of the United States do to the economy?
4. What did new politicians do to come into power?
5. How did the Republicans plan to stay in power, according to Sellers?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)