|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Ethos vs. Eros.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sellers say the Northern interests pushed for?
(a) The Erie Canal.
(b) Dredging the Mississippi.
(c) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) Charting the Louisiana Purchase.
2. How does Sellers describe the composition of the democratic field when Andrew Jackson was running for the democratic nomination?
3. When did zeal for reform reach the lower classes, in Sellers's account?
(a) Late 1820s.
(b) Early 1820s.
(c) Mid 1820s.
4. What does Sellers say the growth of American wealth resulted in?
(a) America as a world power.
(b) America as an agricultural nation.
(c) America as a technological leader.
(d) America as a business-friendly government.
5. How did things change for political elites, according to Sellers?
(a) They were pilloried.
(b) They faced new regulations.
(c) Their property was nationalized.
(d) They paid higher taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sellers say James Madison's Republicanism emphasizes?
2. What does Sellers attribute Jackson's rise to?
3. How does Sellers characterize the ethic Jackson got from his family?
4. What was Jackson's position before entering politics?
5. Why did pre-marital sex have to be restricted?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)