|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Millenial Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause that created regional tensions Jackson and Martin Van Buren had to quell?
(a) Whiskey rebellion.
(b) Ending the international slave trade.
(d) The Tariff of Abominations.
2. What stance did John Calhoun take after Andrew Jackson was elected?
(a) From pro-business to pro-regulation.
(b) From pro-slavery to anti-slavery.
(c) From nationalism to pro-slavery localism.
(d) From regionalism to nationalism.
3. How did liberal Democrats view Republican use of paper currency?
(a) They felt they were gaining an advantage in financial transactions with farmers.
(b) They felt they were destabilizing the rates for commodities with speculation.
(c) They felt they were creating too conservative a fiscal policy, which would stifle growth.
(d) They felt the Republicans were using it to bolster their institutions.
4. What was the liberal capitalist morality like, which Sellers says was offended?
5. Why was Andrew Jackson censured under John Quincy Adams?
(a) War crimes.
(b) Intrusion into Florida.
(c) Massacring Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were people feeling about slavery in the 1810s?
2. Who does Sellers say found New Light theology too radical?
3. Who revolted against the New York Republican power structure?
4. What happened to John Calhoun's political power when Andrew Jackson was elected?
5. What did the antinomians believe in?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)