|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Millenial Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jackson's belief about markets?
(a) They needed heavy regulation by the government.
(b) They needed a strong central bank.
(c) They would regulate themselves.
(d) They tended to increase class inequality.
2. Where else beside New York did political parties accomplish revolutions?
(a) South Carolina.
3. Where did reformers look for a model of how society could be?
(a) Utopian theories.
(b) New forms of radical democratic institutions.
(c) Government structures from England.
(d) The institutions that were formed in the French Revolution.
4. What aspect of slavery offended liberal capitalist bourgeois morality, in Sellers' account?
(b) Planters' profits.
5. What does Sellers say the Great Awakening made possible?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Class warfare in the early twentieth century.
(c) The Great War.
(d) Modern capitalist ethos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the liberal capitalist morality like, which Sellers says was offended?
2. What is the first event of 1810 Sellers describes?
3. What did South Carolina's stance threaten, in Jackson's eyes?
4. Which of these was NOT a problem Andrew Jackson saw in the National Bank?
5. To what does Sellers attribute the rise in democratic sentiment?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)