|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Millenial Democracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jackson's belief about markets?
(a) They needed heavy regulation by the government.
(b) They tended to increase class inequality.
(c) They would regulate themselves.
(d) They needed a strong central bank.
2. Where does Sellers situate Jonathan Edwards and Samuel Hopkins?
(a) On the more radical side of the antinomians.
(b) On the more conservative side of the Unitarians.
(c) Between antinomians and Unitarians.
(d) Closer to Baptists than Unitarians.
3. What does Sellers contrast with the Unitarian movement?
(a) The abolition movement.
(b) The revivalist movement.
(c) The antinomian movement.
(d) The Congregationalist movement.
4. Who revolted against the New York Republican power structure?
(a) Martin Van Buren.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) John Taylor.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
5. Where does Sellers say the religious movement in the 19th century originated?
(a) Nationalist expansion.
(b) Anger over industrialization.
(c) Retreat from economic turmoil.
(d) Nostalgia for nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the liberal capitalist morality like, which Sellers says was offended?
2. How were people feeling about slavery in the 1810s?
3. Where else beside New York did political parties accomplish revolutions?
4. Where did DeWitt Clinton come from?
5. Why was Andrew Jackson censured under John Quincy Adams?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)