|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is Rayford suspicious?
2. Where is the prisoner being held before being sent back to the rehab center?
3. Who is David's secret girlfriend?
4. Where does Rayford go to pick up Albie?
5. Who are the potential ruler's combatants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pinkerton Stephens has a secret to share with Rayford. What is it and how does it affect Hattie?
2. Why does Tsion believe that Zeke and Hattie may be considered to be "lost causes?"
3. In regards to Carpathia, what concerns David at the end of the director's meeting?
4. What are the options for those who choose not to receive the Mark of the Beast? Will it be easy for the Christians to survive?
5. What are Tsion's views regarding the Bible's contents? Does Tsion believe that all of it is pertinent or accurate?
6. While at the hotel with Albie and Rayford, Hattie receives an unusual gift. What is the gift and why has Hattie received it?
7. David has certain duties that must be attended to even though he is devastated over Annie's death. What are the duties and why are they so important?
8. How does Rayford know that it is safe to proceed to BUFFER?
9. Why is Carpathia's presence and word so powerful to the general masses? Why is Hassid immune?
10. What was one of the changes that Carpathia made to the interstate system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hattie becomes a valuable member of the Tribulation Force through her medical knowledge as well as her new conversion. Explain why Hattie's medical training will be important in working with the Force. How might the training put Hattie in danger? Will Hattie's new found faith help or hinder her actions? How will Hattie's relationships with the members of the TF change?
Essay Topic 2
Several of the characters claim to have been converted through the writings of Ben-Jordan. The Internet postings are also credited for bringing people to Christ. Traditionally, Christians learned about Christ through the Bible. Why was it necessary to use other texts? Explain how the writings of Ben-Jordan differ from those of the Bible. Which is more powerful? Which contains more truth?
Essay Topic 3
One of the facts that continue to captivate Carpathia's followers is the resurrection. Explain resurrection and how it affected Carpathia. Do you believe Carpathia's resurrection was real? How did it occur? Do you think that resurrection is possible? How might it happen?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)