|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being held at the bunker?
2. When will the new rules take effect?
3. What does Hattie have knowledge of that could help?
4. Who recognizes the difference in the behavior of the speaker?
5. Why is the city safe for the members of Rayford's group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carpathia's presence and word so powerful to the general masses? Why is Hassid immune?
2. Hannah Palemoon tries to comfort David by saying that Annie felt no pain when she was killed. How can Hannah be sure?
3. Why does Rayford worry about getting into BUFFER with an unregistered vehicle?
4. Rayford tells Hattie that he will take her to the Chicago safe house but warns her of a particular event. What is the event?
5. Why is Albie using an assumed name?
6. While at the hotel with Albie and Rayford, Hattie receives an unusual gift. What is the gift and why has Hattie received it?
7. Why does Tsion believe that Zeke and Hattie may be considered to be "lost causes?"
8. What are Tsion's views regarding the Bible's contents? Does Tsion believe that all of it is pertinent or accurate?
9. Why does Buck set off an explosion right after he leaves Zeke's station?
10. What does Carpathia mean by the joke wherein he states that he "has a new lease on life?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jim Hickman takes over the position vacated by Fortunato. How does Hickman fit into the organization? What is Hickman's job and how does he plan to fulfill the role? Do you think Hickman is capable? What is Hickman's background? How will it help or hinder Hickman in the new job? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hattie becomes a valuable member of the Tribulation Force through her medical knowledge as well as her new conversion. Explain why Hattie's medical training will be important in working with the Force. How might the training put Hattie in danger? Will Hattie's new found faith help or hinder her actions? How will Hattie's relationships with the members of the TF change?
Essay Topic 3
One of the facts that continue to captivate Carpathia's followers is the resurrection. Explain resurrection and how it affected Carpathia. Do you believe Carpathia's resurrection was real? How did it occur? Do you think that resurrection is possible? How might it happen?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)