|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buck refer to Hattie?
2. What is Chaim's title?
3. What will prove Carpathia's resurrection was real?
4. Where is the speech being held?
5. What is Hattie's news?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buck set off an explosion right after he leaves Zeke's station?
2. What has David upset when he realizes that the hour has grown late?
3. Why is Carpathia's presence and word so powerful to the general masses? Why is Hassid immune?
4. In regards to Carpathia, what concerns David at the end of the director's meeting?
5. How does David deal with Annie's death?
6. Why is David concerned about the missing cell phone?
7. What assistance might Hannah be able to offer in regard to the implants planned by the GC?
8. How is David Hassid able to see Satan in Carpathia?
9. Why is Kenny Bruce upset?
10. How does Rayford know that it is safe to proceed to BUFFER?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the facts that continue to captivate Carpathia's followers is the resurrection. Explain resurrection and how it affected Carpathia. Do you believe Carpathia's resurrection was real? How did it occur? Do you think that resurrection is possible? How might it happen?
Essay Topic 2
Chaim is instructed to go to Jerusalem. Although Chaim has great faith, the man is doubtful that he is capable or prepared to make the trip. Explain why Chaim feels that way. Also examine the symbolism between Chaim's journey and the meaning of his name. What might have happened if Chaim refused the challenge?
Essay Topic 3
Hattie is a non-believer that is sent to BUFFER, a rehabilitation center for women. Hattie is scheduled to receive the Mark of the Beast. Explain Hattie's reaction to the confinement at BUFFER. How will BUFFER affect Hattie's beliefs? What will happen while Hattie is at the rehab center? What actions might Hattie take?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)