|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is initially unfriendly toward Hattie?
2. How did Carpathia die?
3. Who is the student turned teacher?
4. Who originally led the people to Jerusalem?
5. Tsion refers to Fortunato as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chloe explain Big Zeke's arrest? Who was responsible?
2. How does Rayford know that it is safe to proceed to BUFFER?
3. Why does Tsion believe that Zeke and Hattie may be considered to be "lost causes?"
4. Who is Hattie Durham and why is she important to the story?
5. How does Tsion spread the word about the Tribulation Force and its mission? It is successful?
6. The members of the Tribulation Force are able to move around freely to do their work. How is that possible given the orders from Carpathia?
7. Why does Rayford worry about getting into BUFFER with an unregistered vehicle?
8. Pinkerton Stephens has a secret to share with Rayford. What is it and how does it affect Hattie?
9. What assistance might Hannah be able to offer in regard to the implants planned by the GC?
10. David has certain duties that must be attended to even though he is devastated over Annie's death. What are the duties and why are they so important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Big Zeke is arrested and knows that Carpathia's people will try to make him receive the Mark. Examine Zeke's faith and how you think the believer would initially react to the arrest. What might have happened to Zeke right after the arrest? How did Little Zeke handle the arrest and his father's eventual death?
Essay Topic 2
Hattie becomes a valuable member of the Tribulation Force through her medical knowledge as well as her new conversion. Explain why Hattie's medical training will be important in working with the Force. How might the training put Hattie in danger? Will Hattie's new found faith help or hinder her actions? How will Hattie's relationships with the members of the TF change?
Essay Topic 3
Tsion is clearly one of the most intelligent members of the Tribulation Force. When discussing Little Zeke with Buck, Tsion claims that it would take the boy years to read the texts he had read yet the boy is a genius at "technical stuff." Examine Tsion's overall opinion of Zeke. How does Zeke's ability to absorb academic information affect his faith? Is Zeke truly a member of the Force? How might Zeke improve his learning of the beliefs embodied by the Force?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)