|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization has claimed responsibility for the murder of individuals at the airport?
2. When Logan recaps Susanna's investigation for Elizabeth and Michael, whose personal history does he begin with?
3. When Michael and Elizabeth dress in heavy winter clothing, what do they count upon to show which door or window has been breached?
4. Where is Ivan Drozdov murdered?
5. Eva Tebbe is the name employed by ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Alatron Defense Systems regarding the missile defense project, after the story is revealed?
2. Why does Logan want to meet with Elizabeth?
3. How does Anne threaten Elliott when she meets with him after slipping out of the White House?
4. How does Delaroche travel to Shelter Island when the ferry is closed?
5. When Michael meets with Awad, what does Awad give him that helps him in his case?
6. Why do Delaroche and Astrid fly into Canada?
7. Why is Elizabeth taking a new position at a new law firm?
8. How does Elizabeth defend herself from Astrid?
9. Why does Eric take Astrid to the desert?
10. Why does Michael go to Cairo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mark of the Assassin is written primarily in the third-person point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Michael?
Essay Topic 2
How is sexuality portrayed in The Mark of the Assassin? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex?
Essay Topic 3
Silva uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss of life. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)