|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Delaroche and Astrid when they are preparing for the assassination of Eric Stoltenberg?
2. When Delaroche and Astrid arrive at New Haven, who do they see at the ferry station?
3. What does Elizabeth use to shoot Astrid?
4. Where does Anne Beckwith slip out of without normal security to see old friends?
5. When the money is wired to Delaroche, how much more is he promised to do another assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adrian give Michael a gift as he clears out his office?
2. Why is Elizabeth taking a new position at a new law firm?
3. What does Elliott intend on doing to Delaroche after he finishes his mission?
4. Why does Logan want to meet with Elizabeth?
5. How does Astrid plan to trick Eric so she can kill him?
6. Why does Eric take Astrid to the desert?
7. How does Elizabeth trick Astrid and Delaroche temporarily from her car?
8. How does Delaroche travel to Shelter Island when the ferry is closed?
9. How does Anne threaten Elliott when she meets with him after slipping out of the White House?
10. Why does Delaroche receive another 1.5 million after he got paid for killing Eric?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Silva uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal and deception. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name. Who feels betrayed in The Mark of the Assassin and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
Essay Topic 2
The Mark of the Assassin is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery establishes connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Adams uses imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in the book is ethical and social responsibility. List at least four examples where Adams employs this specific theme. Is the battle between making ethical choices obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in this kind of battle? Do you think the right person or group won? Does good always triumph over evil in the case of The Mark of the Assassin? Where do these definitions appear vague or incomprehensible?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)