|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Michael heals, for whom does he draft his report?
2. Where is Delaroche sitting observing the bicycle couriers, so he may imitate their dress and mannerisms?
3. Who is Michael able to identify as he watches airport arrivals as he follows the trail of Stoltenberg?
4. Where is Elizabeth sequestered for her protection but is noticed by Astrid on the island?
5. What does Anne Beckwith threaten Elliott with if Susanna's story about the airline is published?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Michael meets with Awad, what does Awad give him that helps him in his case?
2. What does Carter reveal about October to Michael from the CIA after the Shelter Island incident?
3. Why does Eric take Astrid to the desert?
4. Why does Delaroche sit in Du Pont circle watching couriers?
5. Why is Elizabeth taking a new position at a new law firm?
6. What does Elliott intend on doing to Delaroche after he finishes his mission?
7. Why does the Sword of Gaza say they launched an attack at Heathrow?
8. How does Delaroche travel to Shelter Island when the ferry is closed?
9. How does Elizabeth trick Astrid and Delaroche temporarily from her car?
10. How does Elizabeth defend herself from Astrid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mark of the Assassin is written primarily in the third-person point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Michael?
Essay Topic 2
The Mark of the Assassin is a classic military fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Politics play a significant role in the book. Adams refers to the politics of the CIA in The Mark of the Assassin compared to that of other organizations. Discuss the use of politics in the novel. How does politics influence the actions of the main characters of Michael, Nicolai, and others? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)