|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth take a rental car after passing the turnpike and leaving behind her old car?
2. Who goes ahead to the house belonging to a relative of Elizabeth to set up security measures prior to the arrival of October?
3. Where does Michael dodge gunfire and grenades?
4. When Michael is awakened by barking dogs, where does he call, demanding assistance from the local police?
5. Whose tarnished reputation has moved him to withdraw from the nomination for Secretary of State?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth taking a new position at a new law firm?
2. How does Elizabeth defend herself from Astrid?
3. Why does Adrian give Michael a gift as he clears out his office?
4. How does Astrid plan to trick Eric so she can kill him?
5. Why does the Sword of Gaza say they launched an attack at Heathrow?
6. How does Beckwith get re-elected?
7. How does Anne threaten Elliott when she meets with him after slipping out of the White House?
8. What does Elliott intend on doing to Delaroche after he finishes his mission?
9. How is Awad killed and the ferry bombed?
10. When Michael meets with Awad, what does Awad give him that helps him in his case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the sword of Gaza? Who are part of this group? What do they believe in and what are they are responsible for?
Essay Topic 2
The Mark of the Assassin is a classic military fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the story. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does Silva insert foreshadowing into the story? Is it effective?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)