|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cover the men give while they conduct operations is that they are are planning to move the boat from ______ to Nova Scotia.
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) The Baltic.
(c) The Caribbean.
(d) The Cape of Good Hope.
2. Who does the Society for International Development and Cooperation represent?
(a) The young and beautiful.
(b) The sweet and kind.
(c) The rich and young.
(d) The rich and powerful.
3. What is Douglas Cannon's role in the government?
(a) He is the Mayor.
(b) He is the Vice-President.
(c) He is the Admiral.
(d) He is the Senator.
4. What is Mark Callahan's role working for Elliott?
(a) He is his partner.
(b) He is his secretary.
(c) He is his accountant.
(d) He is his boss.
5. As a former field agent, why does Michael now have to work at a desk job?
(a) He likes to write.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He fought with his boss.
(d) His identity is compromised.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what agency has a Soviet agent been groomed for specialized assassinations?
2. In what organization did Vandenburg work in Vietnam prior to working for the President?
3. What kind of a report does Michael receive about the whaler found drifting with a dead body on board?
4. Where does Michael return to find an angry Elizabeth waiting for him in their townhouse?
5. To whom do the Soviet agents in the beginning of the book have to present themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth jealous of Sarah?
2. What will the three agents do after they cross the border?
3. Why is Elizabeth angry with Michael when he returns from his investigation to their house in Georgetown?
4. What does Susanna discover about Elliott and Beckwith's relationship as she writes her story?
5. How is the The Society for International Development and Cooperation depicted in Part Two: November: Chapters 11-15?
6. How is Senator Sterling a typical liberal leader?
7. Why is Delaroche called the solitaire?
8. What is the young Soviet agent groomed for?
9. What is the ruse employed by the two men on a large yacht off the coast of Long Island for their journey?
10. What details will be finalized at the mandatory dinner party held by Mitchell Elliott?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)