|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Amal born?
(c) New York.
2. What separates Egyptian women from men in the ballroom?
(a) A curtain.
(b) A solid wall.
(d) A grill.
3. What concern does Sheikh Muhammad 'Abdu have about the future of Palestine?
(a) The Arabs in Palestine are at risk for blending their culture.
(b) The United Nations appears to support the relocation of the Jews.
(c) The United States is too large to oppose.
(d) More and more Jews are buying land in Palestine.
4. How are Amal and Isabel different?
(a) Amal is Jewish and Isabel is Palestinian.
(b) Isabel is Jewish and Amal is Palestinian.
(c) Isabel is ten years older than Amal.
(d) Amal is ten years older than Isabel.
5. Which character receives a letter from Anna describing her meeting with Layla?
(d) Sir Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Amal and Isabel discover carved into the baptismal font at the Mu'allaqah?
2. What talent makes Omar famous?
3. What advice does Umm Aya give Isabel in "A Beginning of an End"?
4. Where does Isabel want Amal to accompany her in Chapter 8?
5. Why must Sharif's community projects be privately funded?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)