|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Eugene bring Rose about Alexandre in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) He has escaped to England.
(b) He has been exiled.
(c) He has been executed.
(d) He has been arrested.
2. Who does Tallien tell Rose that he is in love with in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) Isabel Robichaud.
(b) Giselle Boulanger.
(c) Princess Amalia.
(d) Therese Cabarrus.
3. What is Alexandre's overall demeanor in 'Madam'?
4. What favor does Rose ask of Princess Amalia and Frederick in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) To borrow some money.
(b) To let her stay in one of their homes.
(c) To be godparents to her newborn child.
(d) To take Hortense and Eugene to England.
5. Who is Rose's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brother of Rose's new friend in 'Citoyenne'?
2. What does Madam Croy tell Rose about her daughter in "Madam'?
3. Why is Rose not called to trial?
4. What is the name of Alexandre's brother?
5. What does a voice instruct Rose to do in her vision in 'Citoyenne'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the turmoil in France have on Rose's life in 'Citoyenne'?
2. What is the particular sadness Rose feels while leaving the island in 'Madam'?
3. What message is delivered when Rose hears a voice while in prison?
4. Why does Rose bear such guilt over Amalia and Frederick's failed second attempt to escape to England?
5. What is Hortense's reaction to Alexandre upon her return to Paris?
6. Why is Alexandre so angry when he learns that Rose has sent the children to England in 'Citoyenne'?
7. Describe the reunion of Rose and Eugene after having been separated for awhile in 'Citoyenne'?
8. Why would people refer to Eugene as a "dauphin"?
9. Why do Rose and Hortense make a trip to Rose's family's plantation home in 'Madam'?
10. Why does Rose leave the island prior to an invasion by the English?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)