|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Rose sue Alexandre?
(b) Legal separation.
(c) Child support.
2. What does Madam Croy tell Rose about her daughter in "Madam'?
(a) She is engaged to be married.
(b) She is deathly ill.
(c) She is pregnant with Alexandre's child.
(d) She is an accomplished pianist.
3. Who is Agatha Rible?
(a) A scullery maid.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A milliner.
(d) A seamstress.
4. Who will one day adopt Claude's baby daughter?
5. Who is the French king who is beheaded in January of 1793?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) Francois IX.
(c) Phillipe XI.
(d) Charles X.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what environment does Alexandre not want Eugene to be raised in?
2. What news does Eugene bring Rose about Alexandre in 'Citoyenne'?
3. What favor does the Comtesse de Montmorin ask of Rose in 'Citoyenne'?
4. Which palace is converted into a prison in 'Citoyenne'?
5. Who is Rose's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the particular sadness Rose feels while leaving the island in 'Madam'?
2. What does Rose learn about the profits from the family's plantation business?
3. What is the encounter between Rose and William Browden like in 'Madam'?
4. What effect does the turmoil in France have on Rose's life in 'Citoyenne'?
5. Why does Rose feel compelled to move out of her home in 'Madam'?
6. Why are Alexandre and Rose under greater scrutiny due to an act by Alexandre's brother, Francois?
7. Who is Emilie and what role does she have in Rose's family?
8. Why are her finances a constant subject of concern for Rose throughout her life?
9. Why would people refer to Eugene as a "dauphin"?
10. Why is Alexandre once again absent from the family in 'Citoyenne'?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)