|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose not want Alexandre to be appointed Minister of War in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) She wants him to get a civilian job.
(b) It is a demotion.
(c) He will be away from the family for too long.
(d) It will result in his eventual death.
2. What is a source of constant trouble for Rose?
(a) Her lack of money.
(b) Her health issues.
(c) Her feelings of jealousy.
(d) Her lack of cooking skills.
3. Who is Rose's mother?
4. What prayer does Hortense say when stopping in an island church?
(a) That Alexandre would love Rose.
(b) That Eugene could stay with the family.
(c) That Alexandre would go away and never come back.
(d) That she would become beautiful.
5. Who will one day adopt Claude's baby daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alexandre named president of in 'Citoyenne'?
2. Why is Marie divorcing Francois?
3. With whom does Rose become friendly in 'Citoyenne'?
4. What news does Eugene bring Rose about Alexandre in 'Citoyenne'?
5. What advice is Rose given to avoid trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose learn about the profits from the family's plantation business?
2. Why are her finances a constant subject of concern for Rose throughout her life?
3. Why is Rose afraid for Alexandre regarding his new position in 'Citoyenne'?
4. Why is Alexandre once again absent from the family in 'Citoyenne'?
5. What is the encounter between Rose and William Browden like in 'Madam'?
6. Why does Rose leave the island prior to an invasion by the English?
7. Why does Claire believe that Mimi should be sold?
8. Why does Alexandre have Eugene removed from the convent without Rose's knowledge?
9. What is the situation regarding Rose's filing for a legal separation from Alexandre?
10. Why does Rose feel compelled to move out of her home in 'Madam'?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)