|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Rose's birthday?
(a) November 18th.
(b) May 14th.
(c) January 4th.
(d) June 23rd.
2. What news does Alexandre have for Rose when he returns to Paris in July of 1782?
(a) He has lost all their money.
(b) He has broken off his extra-marital affair.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He has decided that they should have another child.
3. Where does Uncle Trascher live?
4. Who is Marie's mother?
5. What is Catherine's future, as told by the fortune teller?
(a) She will have seven children.
(b) She will marry before her next birthday.
(c) She will die before her next birthday.
(d) She will never marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rose and her father arrive in October of 1779?
2. How are Laure Longpre and Rose related?
3. Who is Desiree?
4. Who accompanies Rose and Joseph to Paris?
5. What is the second hotel where Rose and her father stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Rose's parent's marriage colored Rose's opinion of marriage?
2. What preparations does Rose note about her wedding day?
3. Describe Rose's family.
4. When Alexandre accepts a position in Martinique, why does he not take Eugene or Rose with him?
5. Who is Rose's first child?
6. Who is the son of the Marquis and why is he so intent on marrying?
7. Why is Rose so unhappy on her birthday in 'Mademoiselle'?
8. How does the novel " The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B" begin?
9. Who is Fanny and what does she think about Rose's state of mind in the year after Rose's wedding?
10. Why does Rose's Aunt Desiree make alterations to Rose's appearance?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)