|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alexandre's perception of Rose?
(a) He is infatuated with her.
(b) He is deeply in love with her.
(c) He abhors her.
(d) He is content with her.
2. Who does Desiree arrange a marriage between?
(a) Rose and Tallien.
(b) Rose and Louis.
(c) Rose and Hoche.
(d) Rose and Alexandre.
3. What is an important theme in this book?
(c) Man vs. nature.
(d) Racial identity.
4. Whose portrait is Rose having difficulty finishing in 'Vicomtese'?
5. How old is Rose when she becomes betrothed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Francois' wife?
2. What does Father Droppet talk to Rose about in "Mademoiselle"?
3. Which of the following characters is Rose's sister?
4. Which of the following is NOT included in a letter Rose receives from Alexandre in 'Vicomtese'?
5. What is the purpose of Rose's uncle's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rose's punishment for visiting the fortune teller?
2. How does the novel " The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B" begin?
3. What is Rose's first perception of Paris?
4. What news does Rose's Uncle Tascher bring one day in 'Mademoiselle'?
5. When Alexandre accepts a position in Martinique, why does he not take Eugene or Rose with him?
6. Why is Rose so unhappy on her birthday in 'Mademoiselle'?
7. What does Father Droppet urge Rose to do with her life?
8. Who is Rose's first child?
9. Why does Rose's Aunt Desiree make alterations to Rose's appearance?
10. How do Rose and Alexandre perceive each other on their first meeting?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)