|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marie's mother?
2. What is Catherine's future, as told by the fortune teller?
(a) She will have seven children.
(b) She will die before her next birthday.
(c) She will marry before her next birthday.
(d) She will never marry.
3. What fashion trick does Rose learn in ''Vicomtese'?
(a) How to elongate the neck.
(b) How to appear slimmer.
(c) How to accentuate cleavage.
(d) How to cover pockmarks.
4. What does Marie's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a milliner.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is a courtesan.
(d) She is a hostess.
5. What does Father Droppet talk to Rose about in "Mademoiselle"?
(a) Becoming a teacher.
(b) Finding a husband.
(c) Joining the convent.
(d) Studying in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second hotel where Rose and her father stay?
2. What does Desiree's letter to Joseph state in 'Mademoiselle'?
3. In what month is Eugene born?
4. What is an important theme in this book?
5. What is the name of the daughter who Justine gives birth to in 1781?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rose and Alexandre perceive each other on their first meeting?
2. How does Alexandre insult Rose in a letter in 'Vicomtese'?
3. What does Father Droppet urge Rose to do with her life?
4. What fortune does Rose's sister, Catherine, receive from the fortune teller?
5. When Alexandre accepts a position in Martinique, why does he not take Eugene or Rose with him?
6. What devastating news does Mimi tell Rose about Alexandre?
7. What does Rose learn from a fortune teller in 'Mademoiselle'?
8. Why is Rose so unhappy on her birthday in 'Mademoiselle'?
9. What is Rose's punishment for visiting the fortune teller?
10. What are some of the places or events that Rose attends in an attempt to stave off boredom?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)