|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose move in October of 1783?
(a) A convent.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A studio.
(d) A palace.
2. What does Rose have a vision of while in prison?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her childhood home.
(c) A cat.
(d) A plate of pastries.
3. Who does Tallien tell Rose that he is in love with in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) Giselle Boulanger.
(b) Therese Cabarrus.
(c) Isabel Robichaud.
(d) Princess Amalia.
4. What does a voice instruct Rose to do in her vision in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) Maintain your dignity.
(b) Remember what I said.
(c) Sacrifice for France.
(d) Think of the children.
5. Who is the brother of Rose's new friend in 'Citoyenne'?
6. In what environment does Alexandre not want Eugene to be raised in?
(a) With a pair of feuding parents.
(b) In a house of women.
(c) Without his father's influence.
(d) In the polluted Paris air.
7. What advice is Rose given to avoid trial?
(a) Hide in the shadows.
(b) Stay in bed.
(c) Don't make any trouble.
(d) Don't ask for any special favors.
8. What is a source of constant trouble for Rose?
(a) Her lack of money.
(b) Her feelings of jealousy.
(c) Her lack of cooking skills.
(d) Her health issues.
9. What is the position of the person who objects to Rose's move?
10. Which queen is executed in October of 1793?
(a) Marie Antoinette.
(d) Maria Louisa.
11. Who accompanies Rose to the family plantation in 'Madam'?
12. Which palace is converted into a prison in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) Petit Trianon.
(b) Luxembourg Palace.
(c) Palace of Versailles.
(d) Elysee Palace.
13. Who will one day adopt Claude's baby daughter?
14. Which expense does Alexandre pay for, relieving Rose of further financial burden in 'Madam'?
(a) The tutor for their daughter.
(b) The wet nurse's pay.
(c) The rent on her chateau.
(d) The butcher's pay.
15. How does Eugene get a note to his mother in prison?
(a) In a bottle of wine.
(b) In a Bible.
(c) Under her dog's collar.
(d) In a pot of stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rose's maid on the island?
2. Who is Rose's father?
3. Who is Marie's surviving daughter?
4. What does Alexandre do in prison that hurts Rose?
5. Who is William Browden?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)