|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose have a vision of while in prison?
(a) A cat.
(b) Her childhood home.
(c) A plate of pastries.
(d) Her children.
2. Who is Rose's sister?
3. What does Madam Croy tell Rose about her daughter in "Madam'?
(a) She is deathly ill.
(b) She is an accomplished pianist.
(c) She is engaged to be married.
(d) She is pregnant with Alexandre's child.
4. Where does Agathe routinely visit in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) A popular bakery.
(b) The guillotine.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) An underground political club.
5. What ethnic group is the woman who Rose moves in with at Rue Saint-Dominique?
6. In what environment does Alexandre not want Eugene to be raised in?
(a) In a house of women.
(b) In the polluted Paris air.
(c) With a pair of feuding parents.
(d) Without his father's influence.
7. Who is Fanny's son?
8. What is a dauphin?
(a) A student.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A lawmaker.
(d) A future king.
9. What is Rose's husband's position?
10. What startles Rose when she reunites with Eugene?
(a) He does not recognize her.
(b) He has grown to be very tall.
(c) He cannot speak Italian.
(d) He is wearing dirty clothes.
11. What is the position of the person who objects to Rose's move?
12. Who is the French king who is beheaded in January of 1793?
(a) Charles X.
(b) Francois IX.
(c) Louis XVI.
(d) Phillipe XI.
13. In addition to caring for her family, who does Rose also care for?
(a) Alexandre's illegitimate children.
(b) The nuns.
(c) The children at a nearby orphanage.
(d) Her parents.
14. What does Alexandre do in prison that hurts Rose?
(a) He does not talk to their children.
(b) He refuses to speak to her.
(c) He refuses the children's letters.
(d) He has an affair with another woman.
15. What prayer does Hortense say when stopping in an island church?
(a) That Alexandre would love Rose.
(b) That Eugene could stay with the family.
(c) That Alexandre would go away and never come back.
(d) That she would become beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Rose ask of Princess Amalia and Frederick in 'Citoyenne'?
2. Who does Tallien tell Rose that he is in love with in 'Citoyenne'?
3. For what does Rose sue Alexandre?
4. What is a source of constant trouble for Rose?
5. Who is Marie's surviving daughter?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)