|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Laura Longpre?
(a) Eugene's tutor.
(b) Rose's seamstress.
(c) Hortense's wet nurse.
(d) Alexandre's mistress.
2. What is the name of Alexandre's brother?
3. Who will one day adopt Claude's baby daughter?
4. How many of Marie's children have died?
5. What is Rose's husband's position?
6. What does Alexandre do in prison that hurts Rose?
(a) He refuses the children's letters.
(b) He has an affair with another woman.
(c) He refuses to speak to her.
(d) He does not talk to their children.
7. What conclusion can be made when a person in prison has been called to be tried?
(a) He will need a good lawyer.
(b) He will be executed.
(c) He will probably be exiled.
(d) He will be released soon.
8. What have most of Rose's family's profits gone to?
(a) The church.
(b) Her father's mistresses.
(c) Her mother's hospital bills.
(d) Her father's gambling debts.
9. What advice is Rose given to avoid trial?
(a) Hide in the shadows.
(b) Stay in bed.
(c) Don't make any trouble.
(d) Don't ask for any special favors.
10. Why is Rose sad when she leaves her island home in 'Madam'?
(a) She was unable to reconcile with her childhood sweetheart.
(b) She will never see her father or sister alive again.
(c) She is depressed because of her impending divorce.
(d) She knows that she will never return to this place.
11. With whom does Rose become friendly in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) Princess Amalia.
(b) Princess Cecile.
(c) Princess Justine.
(d) Princess Isabel.
12. What is the current state of Rose's family plantation?
(a) It is profitable.
(b) It has burned down.
(c) It is in foreclosure.
(d) It is suffering because of a drought.
13. Who accompanies Rose to the family plantation in 'Madam'?
14. What is Alexandre named president of in 'Citoyenne'?
(c) The Citizens Revolution.
(d) The National Assembly.
15. With whom does Rose speak about her marital situation in 'Madam'?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brother of Rose's new friend in 'Citoyenne'?
2. What does Rose learn from Therese in 'Citoyenne'?
3. What ethnic group is the woman who Rose moves in with at Rue Saint-Dominique?
4. Why does Rose's mother think that Mimi should be sold?
5. What happens to Alexandre when he resigns his position in 'Citoyenne'?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)