|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the position of the person who objects to Rose's move?
2. For what purpose does Rose employ Marie de Lannoy in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) To be a tutor for Hortense.
(b) To act as her social secretary.
(c) To be her personal maid.
(d) To organize her finances.
3. What is Alexandre's overall demeanor in 'Madam'?
4. Who is the daughter of the woman who Rose moves in with in 'Citoyenne'?
5. Who is Rose's mother?
6. What is the name of Alexandre's brother?
7. Who is Rose's sister?
8. Which expense does Alexandre pay for, relieving Rose of further financial burden in 'Madam'?
(a) The wet nurse's pay.
(b) The rent on her chateau.
(c) The tutor for their daughter.
(d) The butcher's pay.
9. How does Hortense feel about her father?
(a) She is indifferent towards him.
(b) She refuses to have anything to do with him.
(c) She talks about him all the time.
(d) She clings to him whenever he is around.
10. Who does Tallien tell Rose that he is in love with in 'Citoyenne'?
(a) Princess Amalia.
(b) Giselle Boulanger.
(c) Isabel Robichaud.
(d) Therese Cabarrus.
11. Who is Rose's maid on the island?
12. What does Madam Croy tell Rose about her daughter in "Madam'?
(a) She is an accomplished pianist.
(b) She is deathly ill.
(c) She is engaged to be married.
(d) She is pregnant with Alexandre's child.
13. How many of Marie's children have died?
14. Who is the French king who is beheaded in January of 1793?
(a) Charles X.
(b) Francois IX.
(c) Phillipe XI.
(d) Louis XVI.
15. Why is Marie divorcing Francois?
(a) He has had an affair.
(b) Because of their political differences.
(c) She has fallen out of love with him.
(d) He refuses to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fanny's son?
2. What happens to Alexandre when he resigns his position in 'Citoyenne'?
3. How long will Rose's petition take in 'Madam'?
4. What favor does Rose ask of Princess Amalia and Frederick in 'Citoyenne'?
5. Who objects to Rose's move in 'Madam'?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)