|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has given Rose her diary?
(c) Aunt Desiree.
(d) Madame Gaspar.
2. What is Catherine's future, as told by the fortune teller?
(a) She will never marry.
(b) She will marry before her next birthday.
(c) She will die before her next birthday.
(d) She will have seven children.
3. How old is Rose when her father has an illegitimate child with another woman?
4. Besides a happy marriage, what does the fortune teller tell Rose of her future?
(a) Rose will have three stillborn children.
(b) Rose will explore a barren land.
(c) Rose will die alone.
(d) Rose will one day be queen.
5. Why does Desiree change Rose's gown and make-up?
(a) She needs to be presentable for Alexandre.
(b) She needs to appear more mature.
(c) The colors of her original gown do not compliment Alexandre's outfit.
(d) Her original dress is too revealing.
6. Who tells others that Rose has gone to a fortune teller?
7. Where does Rose go to meet fascinating people?
(b) Fanny's salon.
8. Besides sporting an elaborate hairdo and gown , how does Rose prepare herself for her wedding?
(a) She does not eat for three days before the ceremony.
(b) She has her lips dyed with a crimson-colored dye.
(c) She learns a new dance.
(d) She is bled to create a pale complexion.
9. Why will Claire not allow Manette to go to Paris?
(a) She is going to the convent.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is frightened.
10. How does Rose try to tell the future in 'Mademoiselle'?
(a) By reading fortune cards.
(b) By using a crystal ball.
(c) By seeing visions.
(d) By interpreting tea leaves.
11. What is an important theme in this book?
(a) Man vs. nature.
(b) Racial identity.
12. What is the name of the daughter who Justine gives birth to in 1781?
13. What does Rose ask Mimi to get for Catherine while she is dying?
(a) A bible.
(c) The priest.
(d) A voodoo cure.
14. What has a strong presence in Rose's home?
15. Who does Desiree arrange a marriage between?
(a) Rose and Tallien.
(b) Rose and Alexandre.
(c) Rose and Louis.
(d) Rose and Hoche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT included in a letter Rose receives from Alexandre in 'Vicomtese'?
2. Through her association with Fanny, what does Rose grow to love?
3. What is the purpose of Rose's uncle's visit?
4. Who accompanies Rose to see a fortune teller?
5. Who is Rose's daughter?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)