|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the family's slaves largely responsible for in Rose's home?
2. Why will Claire not allow Manette to go to Paris?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is going to the convent.
3. What is the second hotel where Rose and her father stay?
(a) Hotel Trianon.
(b) Fountainbleu Hotel.
(c) Hotel Graves.
(d) The Four Seasons.
4. Who retrieves the Marquis' letter before it is sent to the king?
5. What fashion trick does Rose learn in ''Vicomtese'?
(a) How to appear slimmer.
(b) How to cover pockmarks.
(c) How to accentuate cleavage.
(d) How to elongate the neck.
6. How does Rose try to tell the future in 'Mademoiselle'?
(a) By interpreting tea leaves.
(b) By reading fortune cards.
(c) By using a crystal ball.
(d) By seeing visions.
7. What is Alexandre's perception of Rose?
(a) He is infatuated with her.
(b) He is deeply in love with her.
(c) He abhors her.
(d) He is content with her.
8. What is the purpose of Rose's uncle's visit?
(a) To vist the family for awhile.
(b) To bring a bride to the son of a Marquis.
(c) To sell some property from the family estate.
(d) To bring news of a death in the family.
9. Through her association with Fanny, what does Rose grow to love?
(b) The theatre.
(d) French food.
10. On what day is Rose's daughter born?
(a) September 10, 1783.
(b) January 11, 1783.
(c) November 26, 1783.
(d) April 10, 1783.
11. What does Father Droppet talk to Rose about in "Mademoiselle"?
(a) Finding a husband.
(b) Joining the convent.
(c) Studying in Paris.
(d) Becoming a teacher.
12. What does Rose ask Mimi to get for Catherine while she is dying?
(b) The priest.
(c) A bible.
(d) A voodoo cure.
13. What is an important theme in this book?
(b) Racial identity.
(d) Man vs. nature.
14. What revelation does Mimi have for Rose in 'Vicomtese'?
(a) Alexandre has a drinking problem
(b) Alexandre has a mistress.
(c) Alexandre has huge debts.
(d) Alexandre has a gambling problem.
15. Which of Rose's uncles arrives in January of 1778?
(a) Uncle Phillippe.
(b) Uncle Louis.
(c) Uncle Henri.
(d) Uncle Tascher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose surprised by upon awakening on September 7, 1782?
2. Who is Rose's daughter?
3. What does Desiree's letter to Joseph state in 'Mademoiselle'?
4. Which of the following is NOT included in a letter Rose receives from Alexandre in 'Vicomtese'?
5. With what boy does Rose fall in love?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)