|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Francois' wife?
2. When does "Part I, Mademoiselle" begin?
(a) March 3, 1773.
(b) November 12, 1782.
(c) July 4, 1776.
(d) June 23, 1777.
3. What does Alexandre have to do to gain access to his fortune?
(a) Become a Marquis.
(b) Get married.
(c) Secure a position in parliament.
(d) Have a son.
4. How old is Rose when her father has an illegitimate child with another woman?
5. What are the family's slaves largely responsible for in Rose's home?
6. With what boy does Rose fall in love?
7. What is Rose surprised by upon awakening on September 7, 1782?
(a) Alexandre has left in the night with Laure.
(b) Alexandre has been arrested.
(c) Alexandre drowned at sea.
(d) Alexandre has been murdered.
8. What illness had Rose survived in the past, which has lingering effects?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
9. What does Alexandre think of the idea of marriage with Rose in 'Vicomtese'?
(a) Money would no longer be a problem for him.
(b) He would strive to make her life an honorable one.
(c) He would want children as soon as possible.
(d) He would be the happiest man in France.
10. Which of the following characters is Rose's sister?
11. What is the name of the daughter who Justine gives birth to in 1781?
12. What is an important theme in this book?
(c) Racial identity.
(d) Man vs. nature.
13. Besides a happy marriage, what does the fortune teller tell Rose of her future?
(a) Rose will explore a barren land.
(b) Rose will one day be queen.
(c) Rose will die alone.
(d) Rose will have three stillborn children.
14. Who is Rose's daughter?
15. When is Rose's birthday?
(a) May 14th.
(b) November 18th.
(c) June 23rd.
(d) January 4th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who retrieves the Marquis' letter before it is sent to the king?
2. What does Rose discover when Joseph awakens her in 'Mademoiselle'?
3. For what position has Alexandre applied in September of 1782?
4. Where does Uncle Trascher live?
5. How old is Rose when she becomes betrothed?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)