|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
2. Which of the following seemed different about the presentation of facts in Chapter 64?
3. What was likened to being the whole world in Chapter 41?
4. How did Ulrich react upon learning that he had been mentioned in the letter in Chapter 59?
5. Which of the following made the person mentioned in Chapter 48 famous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Moosbrugger. What is his role in The Man Without Qualities? What was Musil trying to accomplish by creating Moosbrugger's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Musil's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances in which humor is apparent, and explain why the author used humor where he did.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in The Man Without Qualities. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)