|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
2. What was one of Moosbrugger's faults mentioned in Chapter 60?
3. Which of the following was Moosbrugger's first name?
4. How did Ulrich react upon learning that he had been mentioned in the letter in Chapter 59?
5. Who appeared to be more mature by Chapter 64?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in The Man Without Qualities. Cite at least two examples that you can identify in the book, and note why irony is exemplified.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Moosbrugger. What is his role in The Man Without Qualities? What was Musil trying to accomplish by creating Moosbrugger's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Ulrich. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)