|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Musil, which of the following could have caused ideas not holding up to events in Chapter 62?
2. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
3. Why was Moosbrugger's victim apparently killed?
4. Over which of the following periods of time had Ulrich matured?
5. Which of the following was the Collateral Campaign inclusive of in Chapter 44?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Musil employs simple, minimalist, highly-controlled, meticulous yet effective language in contrast with complex language. Both styles employ powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it, and identify the technique that it embodies.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in The Man Without Qualities. Cite at least two examples that you can identify in the book, and note why irony is exemplified.
Essay Topic 3
Select a character whom Ulrich grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)