Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
5. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the depiction of the two female characters in the book, Bonadea and Clarisse. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through their examples?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in The Man Without Qualities. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings in The Man Without Qualities. What is its overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular cultural events. How do those even if imaginary settings, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use those places in The Man Without Qualities?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)