Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
5. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
Compare and contrast the depiction of the two female characters in the book, Bonadea and Clarisse. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through their examples?
The role of women in The Man Without Qualities takes on very different forms. For example, Bonadea is a mistress who exerts power in the bedroom, while Clarisse is a wife whose abhorrence for mundane life drives her husband mad. Describe.
Musil discusses both patriotism and war vividly in The Man Without Qualities. Find some examples of same in the book, and discuss the effect of those topics on Ulrich's character.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)