|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which of the following was a difference drawn out in Chapter 41?
2. What particular characteristic(s) did the identity question relate to in Chapter 39?
3. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
4. Which of the following were being locked up into systems by the violent people mentioned in Chapter 62?
5. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character whom Ulrich grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
Musil discusses both patriotism and war vividly in The Man Without Qualities. Find some examples of same in the book, and discuss the effect of those topics on Ulrich's character.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of the two female characters in the book, Bonadea and Clarisse. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through their examples?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)