|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
5. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Ulrich. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The role of women in The Man Without Qualities takes on very different forms. For example, Bonadea is a mistress who exerts power in the bedroom, while Clarisse is a wife whose abhorrence for mundane life drives her husband mad. Describe.
Essay Topic 3
There are many autobiographical features in The Man Without Qualities that are believed to belong to Musil. Which aspects appear invented, and which characters seem modeled or inspired by real people in Musil's life? Conduct some research and discuss.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)