Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
5. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
Essay Topic 1
Musil employs simple, minimalist, highly-controlled, meticulous yet effective language in contrast with complex language. Both styles employ powerful symbolism. Choose an example of symbolism, briefly describe it, and identify the technique that it embodies.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as demonstrated in The Man Without Qualities. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain their loneliness if any, and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Moosbrugger. What is his role in The Man Without Qualities? What was Musil trying to accomplish by creating Moosbrugger's character in the novel?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)