Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
5. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in The Man Without Qualities. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Technology is a recurring theme in The Man Without Qualities. What advancements occur in technology? Describe some of the tools, equipment, and changes. How accurate are they? Do those changes result in positive or negative consequences? Discuss.
Power in society is a prevailing theme in The Man Without Qualities. Musil frequently refers to that theme, painting the picture of the monarchy's last days in the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the need to preserve order in a shaken world. Which characters appear honest and which appear corrupt. Why? Which characters appear to rise above corruption even if they are initially vulnerable to it? What is your opinion of the society that Musil describes? Explain.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)