|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following campaigns mentioned in Chapter 35 was associated with Austrian patriotism?
2. Which of the following made the person mentioned in Chapter 48 famous?
3. In Chapter 52, who of the following sent Germans in Berlin for a report on Arnheim?
4. Who was interested in Arnheim's reputation in Chapter 43?
5. Between which of the following was a difference drawn out in Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the depiction of the two female characters in the book, Bonadea and Clarisse. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through their examples?
Essay Topic 2
Musil discusses both patriotism and war vividly in The Man Without Qualities. Find some examples of same in the book, and discuss the effect of those topics on Ulrich's character.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in The Man Without Qualities. Cite at least two examples that you can identify in the book, and note why irony is exemplified.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)