|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
5. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
Essay Topic 1
There are many autobiographical features in The Man Without Qualities that are believed to belong to Musil. Which aspects appear invented, and which characters seem modeled or inspired by real people in Musil's life? Conduct some research and discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Select a character whom Ulrich grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Musil's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances in which humor is apparent, and explain why the author used humor where he did.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)