|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ulrich declare Diotima was doing in Chapter 68?
2. Which of the following types of meeting was held in Chapter 52?
3. Which of the following did the author turn out to be in Chapter 67?
4. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
5. What kind of skirts did Diotima have after her adventure in Chapter 68?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings in The Man Without Qualities. What is its overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular cultural events. How do those even if imaginary settings, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use those places in The Man Without Qualities?
Essay Topic 2
Musil discusses both patriotism and war vividly in The Man Without Qualities. Find some examples of same in the book, and discuss the effect of those topics on Ulrich's character.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Moosbrugger. What is his role in The Man Without Qualities? What was Musil trying to accomplish by creating Moosbrugger's character in the novel?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)