|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom of the following did Ulrich meet in Chapter 20?
2. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
(a) First Union Bank.
(d) Jimmy's store.
3. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
(a) A coward.
(b) A thief.
(c) An informant.
(d) A benefactor.
4. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
5. Who was Ulrich's lover in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
2. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
3. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
4. What was the name of the person whom people wanted Ulrich to meet in Chapter 22?
5. How was Diotoma transforming herself in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Arnheim say about the arts in Chapter 40?
2. How did the author show that the nouveau rich had improved their castles in Chapter 68?
3. Describe Musil's view on the rational and exact in Chapter 61.
4. Describe Musil's observations of old age and youth in Chapter 45.
5. Why did Musil move back to Austria, and how did that affect his work?
6. Why did Soliman get jealous and angry when he grew up?
7. Why was Clarisse sad about Walter by Chapter 15 and 16?
8. What did Rachel do for Soliman in Chapter 44?
9. What did Musil say about morality in Chapter 50?
10. What did Ulrich think about engineering in Chapter 11?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)