|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following specialty areas best described Ulrich's education?
2. Where did Musil spend most of his life?
3. Which of the following was the War in which Musil served?
(a) Austro-Hungarian War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War I.
4. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
5. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
(a) Steal from them.
(b) Deceived them.
(c) Blame them.
(d) Fight them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
2. What type of communication did Ulrich find among the people whom he studied and worked with in Chapter 10?
3. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
4. Where did Ulrich travel in Chapter 21?
5. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took Moosbrugger back into the public limelight in Chapter 53?
2. What was the rumor about Arnheim in Chapter 26, and how did that reflect fears within the region?
3. Describe Moosbrugger's reaction to public fame in Chapter 54.
4. Describe what Clarisse shared about Lucy to Ulrich and Diotima in Chapter 70.
5. Describe Clarisse's letter in Chapter 59.
6. What did Musil say about morality in Chapter 50?
7. Describe Leona and Ulrich's relationship.
8. Describe Ulrich's view of Napoleon in Chapter 9 and contrast it with the American view.
9. What point did Diotima want to make with Ulrich concerning Arnheim in Chapter 66?
10. Describe Ulrich's lack of concern for Bonadea and its effect on their relationship in Chapter 29.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)