|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
2. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
(b) Gothic literature.
(c) Sturm und Drang.
3. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
4. To whom did her husband appear more gifted than Ulrich in Chapter 15?
5. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
2. Which of the following statements best describes what the Count said to Diotoma about her idea in Chapter 25?
3. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
4. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
5. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country he visited was in during a protracted period in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Leona and Ulrich's relationship.
2. What did Musil say about philosophers' take on violent people in Chapter 64?
3. How did Ulrich's affair with Bonadea end in Chapter 34?
4. What did Ulrich learn about events and characters in Chapter 39?
5. How did the author show that the nouveau rich had improved their castles in Chapter 68?
6. What did Musil say about morality in Chapter 50?
7. What was the rumor about Arnheim in Chapter 26, and how did that reflect fears within the region?
8. What comparison did Ulrich make between Moosbrugger and his relationship with Bonadea?
9. Describe Soliman.
10. Describe Diotima and Ulrich's relationship in Chapter 67.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)