|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following cultural groups was not popular in Europe?
(a) The Jewish.
(b) The Swedish.
(c) The German.
(d) The English.
2. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
(a) Asia and the Pacific.
(b) America and Canada.
(c) Austria and Germany.
(d) England and France.
3. What type of communication did Ulrich find among the people whom he studied and worked with in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
(d) Lichendeit. Feudalist.
5. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
(a) Removed obstacles.
(b) Offered sympathy.
(c) Bring forth a pardon.
(d) Lighten the sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
2. Why was Ulrich in a mess in Chapter 6?
3. Why was the woman in Chapter 15 sad about her husband?
4. Who did Ulrich meet and become attracted to in Chapter 22?
5. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Clarisse's piano playing with her husband reveal?
2. Why was Clarisse sad about Walter by Chapter 15 and 16?
3. Describe Ulrich's lack of concern for Bonadea and its effect on their relationship in Chapter 29.
4. Describe Rachel.
5. Describe Musil's view on fights and the effect that it had on Ulrich in Chapters 7 and 8.
6. Why did Soliman get jealous and angry when he grew up?
7. Describe Musil's observations about civil engineers in Chapter 10.
8. Describe Diotima and Ulrich's relationship in Chapter 67.
9. Describe Musil's observations of old age and youth in Chapter 45.
10. What was considered to be a good sign in Chapter 47 regarding Diotima?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)