|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ulrich meet and become attracted to in Chapter 22?
2. What happened to Ulrich while he was out drinking in Chapter 1?
(a) He fell down.
(b) He shattered the goblet from which he was drinking.
(c) He was mugged.
(d) He was involved in an accident.
3. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
4. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
(a) Jimmy's store.
(b) First Union Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Musil live in later in life as a post-Expressionist writer?
2. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
3. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
4. How did Diotoma react when her husband did not take her new endeavor seriously?
5. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ulrich learn about events and characters in Chapter 39?
2. In Chapter 19, what did Musil say about the effect of the turn of the Century on people?
3. What comparison did Ulrich make between Moosbrugger and his relationship with Bonadea?
4. In Chapter 30 during Moosbrugger's trial, what was brought to light as having strange effects?
5. What did Musil say about morality in Chapter 50?
6. Describe Moosbrugger's reaction to public fame in Chapter 54.
7. Describe Ulrich and Diotima's interaction in Chapter 69.
8. Describe Soliman.
9. How was Klementine's relationship with her husband in Chapter 51?
10. Describe Musil's view on fights and the effect that it had on Ulrich in Chapters 7 and 8.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)