|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the War in which Musil served?
(a) Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Austro-Hungarian War.
2. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
3. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
(a) In private quarters.
(b) Both - in private quarters and out in public.
(c) In the rural countryside.
(d) Out in public.
4. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
5. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
(a) Forgiveness, but no vengeance.
(b) Anger, but no regret.
(c) Remorse, but no regret.
(d) Regret, but no remorse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
2. Whose sanity was under question in Chapter 32?
3. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
4. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
5. Which of the following countries were close-knit rivals in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Musil's observations about civil engineers in Chapter 10.
2. Describe Arnheim and Diotima's relationship in Chapter 41.
3. What about Ulrich's colleagues made him desperate to leave the profession of engineering in Chapter 14?
4. Why was Clarisse sad about Walter by Chapter 15 and 16?
5. Describe Diotima's change into maturity at the beginning of Chapter 25.
6. Describe Leona and Ulrich's relationship.
7. Describe Soliman.
8. Describe Musil's view on the rational and exact in Chapter 61.
9. Describe Leona.
10. Describe Leo Fischel who is mentioned in Chapter 35.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)