|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between which of the following did Ulrich draw a comparison in Chapter 30?
(a) Moosabrugger's complicity and Arnheim's theft.
(b) Clarisse's murders and Moosbrugger's theft.
(c) Bonadea's infidelity and Moosbrugger's murders.
(d) Moosbrugger's theft and Bonadea's murders.
2. Which of the following brought about a story shift in Chapter 22?
(a) Political story.
(b) Marketing influence.
(c) Love interest.
(d) Civilian readings.
3. In Chapter 8, which of the following did the narrator describe as a form of intimacy that was not right?
4. Which of the following were women expected to emphasize while remaining demure in Chapter 15?
(a) Bosoms and behinds.
(b) Eyes and makeup.
(c) Curves and smiles.
(d) Hair and legs.
5. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
2. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country he visited was in during a protracted period in Chapter 21?
3. Who was Diotoma's husband?
4. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Arnheim say about the arts in Chapter 40?
2. Describe Ulrich's view of Napoleon in Chapter 9 and contrast it with the American view.
3. Describe Ulrich's observations of the political climate in Chapter 21.
4. What about Ulrich's colleagues made him desperate to leave the profession of engineering in Chapter 14?
5. Describe the love interest that friends pushed Ulrich to make in Chapter 22.
6. Describe Leona.
7. What did Musil think about Moosbrugger's personal life that contributed to his behavior in Chapter 61?
8. Describe Soliman.
9. Describe Diotima and Ulrich's relationship in Chapter 67.
10. Why did Ulrich separate himself from Arnheim in Chapter 42?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)