|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Musil born?
2. Which of the following did Ulrich join after he finished school?
(a) A union.
(b) An alumni association.
(c) A choir.
(d) The military.
3. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
4. How did Diotoma react when her husband did not take her new endeavor seriously?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She was not perturbed.
(c) She was jealous.
(d) She was distressed.
5. According to Musil, which of the following presented a paradox at the turn of the Century?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
2. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
3. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
4. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
5. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the contrast that Diotima experienced in her relationship with her husband and the Count regarding her new salon business venture.
2. Describe Ulrich's observations of the political climate in Chapter 21.
3. Describe Leona.
4. During his trial, what conclusions did the judge draw about Moosbrugger?
5. Describe Musil's observations of old age and youth in Chapter 45.
6. What did Musil notice about the men at the event in Chapter 72?
7. Describe Clarisse's letter in Chapter 59.
8. Describe the love interest that friends pushed Ulrich to make in Chapter 22.
9. Describe Leo Fischel who is mentioned in Chapter 35.
10. Describe Arnheim and Diotima's relationship in Chapter 41.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)