|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
2. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
(a) Her attraction to men.
(b) Her impatience with life.
(c) Her deceptive nature.
(d) Her insecurity about her appearance.
3. Between which of the following did Ulrich draw a comparison in Chapter 30?
(a) Clarisse's murders and Moosbrugger's theft.
(b) Moosabrugger's complicity and Arnheim's theft.
(c) Moosbrugger's theft and Bonadea's murders.
(d) Bonadea's infidelity and Moosbrugger's murders.
4. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
(c) Permanent Secretary.
5. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
2. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
3. Which of the following traits possessed by Ulrich's lover did not become apparent at first, but rather became evident later?
4. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
5. What affair ended in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Musil say about philosophers' take on violent people in Chapter 64?
2. Describe Leona.
3. Describe Musil's observations about civil engineers in Chapter 10.
4. Describe Arnheim.
5. What was considered to be a good sign in Chapter 47 regarding Diotima?
6. Describe Musil's observations of old age and youth in Chapter 45.
7. In Chapter 36, what did a journalist establish, and how did it affect the Count?
8. Describe Diotima's change into maturity at the beginning of Chapter 25.
9. How did the Count handle his correspondence in Chapter 58?
10. Describe Ulrich's view of Napoleon in Chapter 9 and contrast it with the American view.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)