|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
2. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
3. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country that he visited was moving toward in Chapter 21?
(b) Civil war.
(d) Political stalemate.
4. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
(a) A sense of laziness.
(b) A sense of hard work.
(c) A sense of aristocracy.
(d) A sense of humility.
5. With whom did Ulrich discuss the crime in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
2. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
3. Which of the following traits possessed by Ulrich's lover did not become apparent at first, but rather became evident later?
4. To which of the following did Ulrich compare the effects of the defendant in Chapter 31?
5. How many people did Ulrich face in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparison did Ulrich make between Moosbrugger and his relationship with Bonadea?
2. Describe the contrast that Diotima experienced in her relationship with her husband and the Count regarding her new salon business venture.
3. Describe the premise behind Moosbrugger's sentence in Chapter 60.
4. Describe Leona.
5. What made Arnheim famous in Chapter 48?
6. Describe Ulrich and Diotima's interaction in Chapter 69.
7. How did Ulrich's affair with Bonadea end in Chapter 34?
8. What took Moosbrugger back into the public limelight in Chapter 53?
9. What was considered to be a good sign in Chapter 47 regarding Diotima?
10. How was Klementine's relationship with her husband in Chapter 51?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)