|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
2. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
3. What affair ended in Chapter 33?
(a) The one between Ulrich and Bonadea.
(b) The one between Moosbrugger and Clarisse.
(c) The one between Ulrich and Clarisse.
(d) The one between Arnheim and Bonadea.
4. Which of the following did Ulrich join after he finished school?
(a) An alumni association.
(b) The military.
(c) A choir.
(d) A union.
5. What type of communication did Ulrich find among the people whom he studied and worked with in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the woman in Chapter 15 sad about her husband?
2. What kind of woman was Ulrich's rescuer?
3. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
4. What city did Musil live in later in life as a post-Expressionist writer?
5. What was different about Diotoma compared to many women of her social sphere in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Musil move back to Austria, and how did that affect his work?
2. Describe the circumstances that made Musil move to Germany initially.
3. Describe Diotima's role at the 70th Jubilee Celebration of His Majesty in Chapter 71.
4. Describe Musil's observations about civil engineers in Chapter 10.
5. What did Arnheim say about the arts in Chapter 40?
6. Describe the premise behind Moosbrugger's sentence in Chapter 60.
7. During his trial, what conclusions did the judge draw about Moosbrugger?
8. Why was Clarisse sad about Walter by Chapter 15 and 16?
9. What did Musil think about Moosbrugger's personal life that contributed to his behavior in Chapter 61?
10. Describe Leo Fischel who is mentioned in Chapter 35.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)