|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A woman.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A priest.
2. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
(b) Sturm und Drang.
(c) Gothic literature.
3. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
4. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
5. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
(a) That it empowered and enslaved.
(b) That it led those in the profession to fight and then make peace.
(c) That more equipment would end up being broken than getting fixed.
(d) That jobs in the field would open, and then close up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
2. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
3. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, which of the following gave humans tremendous power through their use?
4. What was the name of the person whom people wanted Ulrich to meet in Chapter 22?
5. Where did Musil relocate when the Nazis' power grew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the premise behind Moosbrugger's sentence in Chapter 60.
2. What did Musil say about morality in Chapter 50?
3. Describe Leona and Ulrich's relationship.
4. Why did Soliman get jealous and angry when he grew up?
5. Describe the contrast that Diotima experienced in her relationship with her husband and the Count regarding her new salon business venture.
6. Describe what Clarisse shared about Lucy to Ulrich and Diotima in Chapter 70.
7. How was Klementine's relationship with her husband in Chapter 51?
8. What comparison did Ulrich make between Moosbrugger and his relationship with Bonadea?
9. Describe Diotoma and Count Leinsdorf's relationship.
10. Describe Moosbrugger's reaction to public fame in Chapter 54.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)