|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(a) Temporary nature.
2. How many chapters are included in the two-volume set of The Man Without Qualities?
3. For which of the following did Diotoma carry the proverbial torch in Chapter 26?
(a) For the Political Campaign.
(b) For the Cultural Campaign.
(c) For the Collateral Campaign.
(d) For the Species Campaign.
4. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country he visited was in during a protracted period in Chapter 21?
(b) Civil war.
(c) Political stalemate.
5. Which of the following was affected by the defendant's alleged actions in Chapter 30?
(a) A storefront.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A young man.
(d) A bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Ulrich face in Chapter 6?
2. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
3. Which of the following statements best describes what the Count said to Diotoma about her idea in Chapter 25?
4. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
5. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Leo Fischel who is mentioned in Chapter 35.
2. What was the rumor about Arnheim in Chapter 26, and how did that reflect fears within the region?
3. In Chapter 36, what did a journalist establish, and how did it affect the Count?
4. Describe Arnheim.
5. Describe the contrast that Diotima experienced in her relationship with her husband and the Count regarding her new salon business venture.
6. Describe Leona and Ulrich's relationship.
7. Describe Musil's literary style.
8. What was considered to be a good sign in Chapter 47 regarding Diotima?
9. Describe Soliman.
10. What did Musil say about morality in Chapter 50?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)