|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ulrich in a mess in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he had been feeling sick.
(b) Because he had been in an accident.
(c) Because he had been shot.
(d) Because he had been in a street fight.
2. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
3. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 21?
4. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
(a) Her deceptive nature.
(b) Her impatience with life.
(c) Her attraction to men.
(d) Her insecurity about her appearance.
5. How was Diotoma transforming herself in Chapter 25?
(a) She was becoming more difficult.
(b) She was becoming more mature.
(c) She was becoming colder.
(d) She was becoming more loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
2. Which of the following specialty areas best described Ulrich's education?
3. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
4. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
5. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Musil notice about the men at the event in Chapter 72?
2. What did Arnheim say about the arts in Chapter 40?
3. Describe Soliman.
4. Describe Leo Fischel who is mentioned in Chapter 35.
5. What did Clarisse's piano playing with her husband reveal?
6. Describe the incident that occured in Chapter 1 that affected Ulrich.
7. How did the Count handle his correspondence in Chapter 58?
8. What took Moosbrugger back into the public limelight in Chapter 53?
9. Describe Ulrich and Diotima's interaction in Chapter 69.
10. Describe Diotima's role at the 70th Jubilee Celebration of His Majesty in Chapter 71.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)