|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following cultural groups was not popular in Europe?
(a) The Swedish.
(b) The Jewish.
(c) The German.
(d) The English.
2. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
3. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
(a) Into the education field.
(b) To drama school.
(c) Into the civil engineering field.
(d) To offer his services for rescue work.
4. Why was the woman in Chapter 15 sad about her husband?
(a) Because he was not prominent.
(b) Because he was not intellectual.
(c) Because he was not handsome.
(d) Because he was not a hard worker.
5. Which of the following traits did Ulrich seem most enamored by in his lover?
(a) Her singing.
(b) Her dancing.
(c) Her speech.
(d) Her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
2. According to Musil, which of the following characterized the previous Century?
3. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
4. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, which of the following gave humans tremendous power through their use?
5. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point did Diotima want to make with Ulrich concerning Arnheim in Chapter 66?
2. Describe Arnheim.
3. What did Rachel do for Soliman in Chapter 44?
4. Describe Arnheim and Diotima's relationship in Chapter 41.
5. Describe Rachel.
6. Describe Musil's view on the rational and exact in Chapter 61.
7. Why did Ulrich separate himself from Arnheim in Chapter 42?
8. Describe Leona.
9. What took Moosbrugger back into the public limelight in Chapter 53?
10. Describe Soliman.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)