|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of women were mentioned at the campaign in Chapter 40?
2. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
3. What was one of Moosbrugger's faults mentioned in Chapter 60?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is arrogant.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is stupid.
4. Who shook off a spell in Chapter 46?
5. What did Musil consider to be greater than mankind in Chapter 45?
(a) The forces of nature.
(b) Science and learning.
(c) Spiritual energy.
(d) The environmental crisis.
6. In Chapter 52, who of the following sent Germans in Berlin for a report on Arnheim?
7. How did the little boy do in foster care with Arnheim in Chapter 55?
8. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 35?
9. Who of the following warned the idealist about getting hopes up in Chapter 49?
10. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
(b) Old aristocracy.
(d) The nouveau riche.
11. In Chapter 56, who of the following sent a letter about Ulrich?
12. Who developed a better friendship in in Chapter 67?
(a) Ulrich and Diotima.
(b) Diotima and Flora.
(c) Walter and Arnheim.
(d) Marcus and Ulrich.
13. In Chapter 65, who was back and delighted to put himself at Diotima's disposal rather immediately?
14. What particular characteristic(s) did the identity question relate to in Chapter 39?
15. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one object that had old elegance but modern efficiency in Chapter 68?
2. Which of the following were being locked up into systems by the violent people mentioned in Chapter 62?
3. Which of the following were viewed in relation to each other in Chapter 45?
4. Over which of the following periods of time had Ulrich matured?
5. What topic was under discussion in Chapter 66?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)