|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who learned about the murderer through newspapers in Chapter 38?
2. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
3. Which of the following was a common reply given out by the Count in Chapter 56?
(a) "Awaiting further consideration".
(b) "Death becomes her".
(c) "Upon further notice".
(d) "The end is near".
4. In Chapter 56, who of the following sent a letter about Ulrich?
5. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
6. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
7. In Chapter 65, who was back and delighted to put himself at Diotima's disposal rather immediately?
8. Which of the following were synonymous to scientiﬁc and beneﬁcial in Chapter 61?
(a) Profound and philosophical.
(b) Artistic and musical.
(c) Rational and exact.
(d) Poetic and graphic.
9. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
10. With whom did Fischel's daughter share a friendship in Chapter 35?
11. Which of the following did Musil write about In Chapter 50?
12. Who of the following was most idealistic about the mystery that Musil wrote about in Chapter 49?
13. What was likened to being the whole world in Chapter 41?
14. Why was Ulrich disenchanted with Arnheim in Chapter 44?
(a) Because he was lazy.
(b) Because he was powerful.
(c) Because he was dishonest.
(d) Because he came from money.
15. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of women were mentioned at the campaign in Chapter 40?
2. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
3. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 35?
4. Who appeared to be more mature by Chapter 64?
5. Why was Moosbrugger's victim apparently killed?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)