|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the author turn out to be in Chapter 67?
2. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
3. Who was considering the qualities necessary for a cultural leap in Chapter 44?
4. Which of the following did Musil write about In Chapter 50?
5. Who learned about the murderer through newspapers in Chapter 38?
6. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
7. Who shook off a spell in Chapter 46?
8. Who played the piano in Chapter 38?
(a) Ulrich and Maria.
(b) Fischel and Leinsdorf.
(c) Bonadea and Walter.
(d) Clarisse and Walter.
9. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
10. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
11. What kind of skirts did Diotima have after her adventure in Chapter 68?
12. In Chapter 52, who of the following sent Germans in Berlin for a report on Arnheim?
13. Who was also considered notorious and mentioned later in Chapter 48?
(a) Robert Musil.
(b) Herr Arnheim.
(c) The Crown Prince.
14. Who appeared to be more mature by Chapter 64?
15. Which of the following was the Collateral Campaign inclusive of in Chapter 44?
(a) The Italian conglomeration.
(b) The British confederation.
(c) The Germanic triad of nations.
(d) The Scandinavian originals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Diotoma's friend consider to be intolerant in Chapter 65?
2. Antagonism within which of the following schools was mentioned in Chapter 49?
3. Which of the following made the person mentioned in Chapter 48 famous?
4. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
5. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)