|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
2. Which of the following seemed different about the presentation of facts in Chapter 64?
(b) Matter of fact.
(c) Hodge podge.
3. Who learned about the murderer through newspapers in Chapter 38?
4. Over which of the following periods of time had Ulrich matured?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
5. Who was the little black boy whom Arnheim took in Chapter 55?
6. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
7. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
(a) The nouveau riche.
(d) Old aristocracy.
8. What did Ulrich declare Diotima was doing in Chapter 68?
(a) Something peaceful.
(b) Something boring.
(c) Something dangerous.
(d) Something long.
9. Who of the following was most idealistic about the mystery that Musil wrote about in Chapter 49?
10. What was one of Moosbrugger's faults mentioned in Chapter 60?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is arrogant.
11. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
12. Who appeared to be more mature by Chapter 64?
13. Who was considering the qualities necessary for a cultural leap in Chapter 44?
14. Which of the following were being locked up into systems by the violent people mentioned in Chapter 62?
(a) Political documents.
(b) World and contents.
(c) Race and women.
(d) Money and GDP.
15. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Ulrich's speeches.
(b) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(c) Walter's pub.
(d) Diotoma's salon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
2. What was Fischel's job in Chapter 35?
3. Which of the following did the author turn out to be in Chapter 67?
4. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
5. What did Musil write about in Chapter 49?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)