|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ulrich declare Diotima was doing in Chapter 68?
(a) Something peaceful.
(b) Something long.
(c) Something dangerous.
(d) Something boring.
2. What did Musil write about in Chapter 49?
(a) The Mystery of the Pure.
(b) The Mystery of the Wise.
(c) The Mystery of the Whole.
(d) The Mystery of the Fool.
3. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
4. To which of the following did the adopted boy react intensely in Chapter 55?
(a) His new role.
(b) His companions.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His food.
5. What type of women were mentioned at the campaign in Chapter 40?
6. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
7. In Chapter 52, which of the following did Tuzzi notice in the ministry?
8. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
9. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two years.
10. Who of the following was not included in the important political meetings in Chapter 56?
11. Which of the following seemed different about the presentation of facts in Chapter 64?
(a) Matter of fact.
(b) Hodge podge.
12. Which of the following was Moosbrugger on trial for in Chapter 53?
(d) Armed robbery.
13. How did the little boy do in foster care with Arnheim in Chapter 55?
14. In Chapter 55, what did the foster boy revengefully do to Arnheim?
(a) He poisoned him.
(b) He stole from him.
(c) He kidnapped him.
(d) He fought him.
15. Which of the following was a common reply given out by the Count in Chapter 56?
(a) "Death becomes her".
(b) "Upon further notice".
(c) "The end is near".
(d) "Awaiting further consideration".
Short Answer Questions
1. What was likened to being the whole world in Chapter 41?
2. Which of the following were viewed in relation to each other in Chapter 45?
3. Who was interested in Arnheim's reputation in Chapter 43?
4. Which of the following campaigns mentioned in Chapter 35 was associated with Austrian patriotism?
5. Who tried to attend to the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)