|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who learned about the murderer through newspapers in Chapter 38?
2. Who was the little black boy whom Arnheim took in Chapter 55?
3. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
4. Which of the following were synonymous to scientiﬁc and beneﬁcial in Chapter 61?
(a) Poetic and graphic.
(b) Profound and philosophical.
(c) Artistic and musical.
(d) Rational and exact.
5. What type of women were mentioned at the campaign in Chapter 40?
6. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
7. Who was horrified by the journalist's establishment in Chapter 37?
8. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
9. What topic was under discussion in Chapter 66?
(a) Economic deprivation.
(b) The emancipation of women.
(c) Cultural growth.
(d) Environmental crises.
10. Which of the following was Moosbrugger on trial for in Chapter 53?
(c) Armed robbery.
11. Who developed a better friendship in in Chapter 67?
(a) Ulrich and Diotima.
(b) Walter and Arnheim.
(c) Diotima and Flora.
(d) Marcus and Ulrich.
12. Which of the following was Moosbrugger's first name?
13. Between whom of the following was there a rift in Chapter 66?
(a) Walter and Diotima.
(b) Diotima and Arnheim.
(c) Arnheim and Ulrich.
(d) Walter and Ulrich.
14. Which of the following did the author turn out to be in Chapter 67?
15. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
(b) Bread and Puppet.
(c) The Austrian Year.
(d) Piano Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
2. Who of the following was known as His Highness in Chapter 56?
3. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
4. Which of the following did Musil write about In Chapter 50?
5. What did Musil consider to be greater than mankind in Chapter 45?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)