|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(b) Diotoma's salon.
(c) Walter's pub.
(d) Ulrich's speeches.
2. What did Musil consider to be greater than mankind in Chapter 45?
(a) The environmental crisis.
(b) Science and learning.
(c) The forces of nature.
(d) Spiritual energy.
3. What was one object that had old elegance but modern efficiency in Chapter 68?
4. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
(a) Old aristocracy.
(c) The nouveau riche.
5. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
6. Who was also considered notorious and mentioned later in Chapter 48?
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) Herr Arnheim.
(d) Robert Musil.
7. What was likened to being the whole world in Chapter 41?
8. In Chapter 52, who of the following sent Germans in Berlin for a report on Arnheim?
9. Who gave the incriminating story to the newspapers in Chapter 38?
10. Between which of the following was a difference drawn out in Chapter 41?
(a) Austrian and Prussian.
(b) French and Austrian.
(c) Swedish and Prussian.
(d) German and Swedish.
11. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
12. Which of the following did Musil cite as having been affected by bourgeois education in Chapter 46?
(a) Pure soul.
13. What was Fischel's job in Chapter 35?
14. Who met with the Count in Chapter 56?
15. Who was considering the qualities necessary for a cultural leap in Chapter 44?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of Moosbrugger's faults mentioned in Chapter 60?
2. According to Musil, which of the following was in the feminine sphere?
3. What particular characteristic(s) did the identity question relate to in Chapter 39?
4. Who appeared to be more mature by Chapter 64?
5. Which of the following were being locked up into systems by the violent people mentioned in Chapter 62?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)