|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was considering the qualities necessary for a cultural leap in Chapter 44?
2. Where did Fischel work in Chapter 35?
(a) Berlin University.
(b) Miller's Tavern.
(c) Lloyd's Bank.
(d) Bonn Prison.
3. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
4. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(b) Walter's pub.
(c) Diotoma's salon.
(d) Ulrich's speeches.
5. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
6. Why was Moosbrugger's victim apparently killed?
7. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
8. Which of the following did the author turn out to be in Chapter 67?
9. Which of the following made the person mentioned in Chapter 48 famous?
(a) Money and possessions.
(b) Aristocratic position and good looks.
(c) Marriage by association and power.
(d) Science, learning, and writing.
10. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
(a) His balding head.
(c) His feet.
11. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
12. Who was also considered notorious and mentioned later in Chapter 48?
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) Herr Arnheim.
(d) Robert Musil.
13. According to Musil, which of the following was in the feminine sphere?
(b) The arts.
14. Which of the following campaigns mentioned in Chapter 35 was associated with Austrian patriotism?
(a) The Collateral Campaign.
(b) The Species Campaign.
(c) The Political Campaign.
(d) The Cultural Campaign.
15. What type of women were mentioned at the campaign in Chapter 40?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following was known as His Highness in Chapter 56?
2. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
3. Who shook off a spell in Chapter 46?
4. What was one of Moosbrugger's faults mentioned in Chapter 60?
5. According to Musil, which of the following could have caused ideas not holding up to events in Chapter 62?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)