Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
5. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Diotoma's salon.
(b) Walter's pub.
(c) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(d) Ulrich's speeches.
6. According to Musil, which of the following could have caused ideas not holding up to events in Chapter 62?
7. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
8. Which of the following did Musil write about In Chapter 50?
9. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
10. Which of the following did Diotoma's friend consider to be intolerant in Chapter 65?
11. How did the little boy do in foster care with Arnheim in Chapter 55?
12. What did Musil write about in Chapter 49?
(a) The Mystery of the Pure.
(b) The Mystery of the Whole.
(c) The Mystery of the Fool.
(d) The Mystery of the Wise.
13. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
(a) Piano Night.
(b) Bread and Puppet.
(d) The Austrian Year.
14. What did Musil consider to be greater than mankind in Chapter 45?
(a) The forces of nature.
(b) The environmental crisis.
(c) Spiritual energy.
(d) Science and learning.
15. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following warned the idealist about getting hopes up in Chapter 49?
2. Who were described as people who were violent and aggressive in Chapter 62?
3. Who played the piano in Chapter 38?
4. Who of the following was most idealistic about the mystery that Musil wrote about in Chapter 49?
5. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)