|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
2. Who developed a better friendship in in Chapter 67?
(a) Marcus and Ulrich.
(b) Ulrich and Diotima.
(c) Walter and Arnheim.
(d) Diotima and Flora.
3. Which of the following were synonymous to scientiﬁc and beneﬁcial in Chapter 61?
(a) Profound and philosophical.
(b) Artistic and musical.
(c) Poetic and graphic.
(d) Rational and exact.
4. Who was interested in Arnheim's reputation in Chapter 43?
5. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Two years.
6. Which of the following did Musil write about In Chapter 50?
7. Which of the following did the author mention in relation to the degree of responsibility that an individual had for his [or her] crimes in Chapter 60?
8. Who were described as people who were violent and aggressive in Chapter 62?
9. Which of the following was the Collateral Campaign inclusive of in Chapter 44?
(a) The British confederation.
(b) The Italian conglomeration.
(c) The Germanic triad of nations.
(d) The Scandinavian originals.
10. What was one object that had old elegance but modern efficiency in Chapter 68?
11. Who met with the Count in Chapter 56?
12. To which of the following did the adopted boy react intensely in Chapter 55?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His companions.
(c) His new role.
(d) His food.
13. What did Musil consider to be greater than mankind in Chapter 45?
(a) Spiritual energy.
(b) The environmental crisis.
(c) The forces of nature.
(d) Science and learning.
14. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
15. What topic was under discussion in Chapter 66?
(a) The emancipation of women.
(b) Cultural growth.
(c) Environmental crises.
(d) Economic deprivation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following was known as His Highness in Chapter 56?
2. Which of the following was a common reply given out by the Count in Chapter 56?
3. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
4. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
5. Who played the piano in Chapter 38?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)