|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following campaigns mentioned in Chapter 35 was associated with Austrian patriotism?
(a) The Cultural Campaign.
(b) The Collateral Campaign.
(c) The Political Campaign.
(d) The Species Campaign.
2. Which of the following types of energy was considered to have contributed to Moosbrugger's negative attitude toward women in Chapter 60?
3. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
4. Which of the following types of meeting was held in Chapter 52?
(a) Cooking group.
(d) Quilting group.
5. In Chapter 56, who of the following sent a letter about Ulrich?
6. Who gave the incriminating story to the newspapers in Chapter 38?
7. Between which of the following was a difference drawn out in Chapter 41?
(a) German and Swedish.
(b) French and Austrian.
(c) Austrian and Prussian.
(d) Swedish and Prussian.
8. Where did Fischel work in Chapter 35?
(a) Berlin University.
(b) Bonn Prison.
(c) Miller's Tavern.
(d) Lloyd's Bank.
9. What was Fischel's job in Chapter 35?
10. Which of the following did Diotoma's friend consider to be intolerant in Chapter 65?
11. If a person had a particularly severe mental illness, which of the following best described the legal difference associated with that type of condition as mentioned in Chapter 60?
(a) Redemption fool.
(b) Persecuted innocent.
(c) Guilty by association.
(d) Diminished responsibility.
12. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
13. Who developed a better friendship in in Chapter 67?
(a) Marcus and Ulrich.
(b) Diotima and Flora.
(c) Walter and Arnheim.
(d) Ulrich and Diotima.
14. With whom did Fischel's daughter share a friendship in Chapter 35?
15. Who of the following was not included in the important political meetings in Chapter 56?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following was most idealistic about the mystery that Musil wrote about in Chapter 49?
2. What was one of Moosbrugger's faults mentioned in Chapter 60?
3. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
4. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
5. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)