|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following was not included in the important political meetings in Chapter 56?
2. What was one of Moosbrugger's faults mentioned in Chapter 60?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is arrogant.
(d) He is stupid.
3. According to Musil, which of the following was in the feminine sphere?
(b) The arts.
4. Who was also considered notorious and mentioned later in Chapter 48?
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) Herr Arnheim.
(d) Robert Musil.
5. Who developed a better friendship in in Chapter 67?
(a) Marcus and Ulrich.
(b) Walter and Arnheim.
(c) Diotima and Flora.
(d) Ulrich and Diotima.
6. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
7. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
8. Who played the piano in Chapter 38?
(a) Fischel and Leinsdorf.
(b) Clarisse and Walter.
(c) Ulrich and Maria.
(d) Bonadea and Walter.
9. In Chapter 52, which of the following did Tuzzi notice in the ministry?
10. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
11. In Chapter 56, who of the following sent a letter about Ulrich?
12. Who of the following was known as His Highness in Chapter 56?
13. In Chapter 65, who was back and delighted to put himself at Diotima's disposal rather immediately?
14. Antagonism within which of the following schools was mentioned in Chapter 49?
15. What did Musil write about in Chapter 49?
(a) The Mystery of the Fool.
(b) The Mystery of the Pure.
(c) The Mystery of the Wise.
(d) The Mystery of the Whole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one object that had old elegance but modern efficiency in Chapter 68?
2. Which of the following did the author mention in relation to the degree of responsibility that an individual had for his [or her] crimes in Chapter 60?
3. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
4. Who shook off a spell in Chapter 46?
5. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)