|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following was not included in the important political meetings in Chapter 56?
2. To which of the following did the adopted boy react intensely in Chapter 55?
(a) His new role.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His companions.
(d) His food.
3. Why was Ulrich disenchanted with Arnheim in Chapter 44?
(a) Because he was dishonest.
(b) Because he came from money.
(c) Because he was powerful.
(d) Because he was lazy.
4. Which of the following did Musil cite as having been affected by bourgeois education in Chapter 46?
(a) Pure soul.
5. According to Musil, which of the following could have caused ideas not holding up to events in Chapter 62?
6. Who were described as people who were violent and aggressive in Chapter 62?
7. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
8. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
9. Which of the following was Moosbrugger's first name?
10. Who tried to attend to the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
11. Which of the following did the author turn out to be in Chapter 67?
12. What type of women were mentioned at the campaign in Chapter 40?
13. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
14. Over which of the following periods of time had Ulrich matured?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
15. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
(a) His feet.
(c) His balding head.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 65, who was back and delighted to put himself at Diotima's disposal rather immediately?
2. Whom did Diotima humble with objections in Chapter 66?
3. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
4. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
5. Who was interested in Arnheim's reputation in Chapter 43?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)