|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the author mention in relation to the degree of responsibility that an individual had for his [or her] crimes in Chapter 60?
2. What did Ulrich declare Diotima was doing in Chapter 68?
(a) Something dangerous.
(b) Something long.
(c) Something boring.
(d) Something peaceful.
3. Which of the following seemed different about the presentation of facts in Chapter 64?
(b) Matter of fact.
(d) Hodge podge.
4. Who was interested in Arnheim's reputation in Chapter 43?
5. What was Fischel's job in Chapter 35?
6. Which of the following did Diotoma's friend consider to be intolerant in Chapter 65?
7. To which of the following did the adopted boy react intensely in Chapter 55?
(a) His companions.
(b) His new role.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His food.
8. Which of the following was a common reply given out by the Count in Chapter 56?
(a) "Upon further notice".
(b) "Death becomes her".
(c) "The end is near".
(d) "Awaiting further consideration".
9. When did the public forget about Moosbrugger?
(a) When he was imprisoned.
(b) When the newspaper stories stopped.
(c) When Ulrich announced his conspiracy.
(d) When another criminal was captured.
10. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
11. Which of the following did Musil cite as having been affected by bourgeois education in Chapter 46?
(a) Pure soul.
12. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
13. Who learned about the murderer through newspapers in Chapter 38?
14. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
15. Who was the little black boy whom Arnheim took in Chapter 55?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Musil, which of the following was in the feminine sphere?
2. Where did Fischel work in Chapter 35?
3. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
4. According to Musil, which of the following could have caused ideas not holding up to events in Chapter 62?
5. Whom did Diotima humble with objections in Chapter 66?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)