|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
3. How did Ulrich react upon learning that he had been mentioned in the letter in Chapter 59?
4. Who was horrified by the journalist's establishment in Chapter 37?
5. In Chapter 55, what did the foster boy revengefully do to Arnheim?
(a) He kidnapped him.
(b) He poisoned him.
(c) He stole from him.
(d) He fought him.
6. In Chapter 56, who of the following sent a letter about Ulrich?
7. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
8. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
(b) Bread and Puppet.
(c) Piano Night.
(d) The Austrian Year.
9. Which of the following campaigns mentioned in Chapter 35 was associated with Austrian patriotism?
(a) The Cultural Campaign.
(b) The Political Campaign.
(c) The Species Campaign.
(d) The Collateral Campaign.
10. How did the little boy do in foster care with Arnheim in Chapter 55?
11. According to Musil, which of the following could have caused ideas not holding up to events in Chapter 62?
12. What was one object that had old elegance but modern efficiency in Chapter 68?
13. Who learned about the murderer through newspapers in Chapter 38?
14. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
15. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
(c) Old aristocracy.
(d) The nouveau riche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
2. With whom did Fischel's daughter share a friendship in Chapter 35?
3. Whom did Diotima humble with objections in Chapter 66?
4. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
5. What topic was under discussion in Chapter 66?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)