|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
2. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
(c) Old aristocracy.
(d) The nouveau riche.
3. In Chapter 52, who of the following sent Germans in Berlin for a report on Arnheim?
4. Who of the following was not included in the important political meetings in Chapter 56?
5. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
(b) His feet.
(d) His balding head.
6. Which of the following did the author mention in relation to the degree of responsibility that an individual had for his [or her] crimes in Chapter 60?
7. What kind of skirts did Diotima have after her adventure in Chapter 68?
8. Over what period of time had the person in Chapter 64 matured?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
9. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
10. What did Musil write about in Chapter 49?
(a) The Mystery of the Whole.
(b) The Mystery of the Wise.
(c) The Mystery of the Fool.
(d) The Mystery of the Pure.
11. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
12. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
13. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
14. Between whom of the following was there a rift in Chapter 66?
(a) Walter and Ulrich.
(b) Walter and Diotima.
(c) Arnheim and Ulrich.
(d) Diotima and Arnheim.
15. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Over which of the following periods of time had Ulrich matured?
2. In Chapter 52, which of the following did Tuzzi notice in the ministry?
3. What was Fischel's job in Chapter 35?
4. Which of the following were synonymous to scientiﬁc and beneﬁcial in Chapter 61?
5. What did Musil consider to be greater than mankind in Chapter 45?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)