|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
2. Who of the following was known as His Highness in Chapter 56?
3. Who met with the Count in Chapter 56?
4. Who gave the incriminating story to the newspapers in Chapter 38?
5. Between whom of the following was there a rift in Chapter 66?
(a) Diotima and Arnheim.
(b) Walter and Diotima.
(c) Arnheim and Ulrich.
(d) Walter and Ulrich.
6. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Ulrich's speeches.
(b) Walter's pub.
(c) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(d) Diotoma's salon.
7. Who was also considered notorious and mentioned later in Chapter 48?
(a) Robert Musil.
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) Herr Arnheim.
8. Who of the following was most idealistic about the mystery that Musil wrote about in Chapter 49?
9. Whom did Diotima humble with objections in Chapter 66?
10. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
11. What particular characteristic(s) did the identity question relate to in Chapter 39?
12. Why was Ulrich disenchanted with Arnheim in Chapter 44?
(a) Because he was lazy.
(b) Because he was powerful.
(c) Because he was dishonest.
(d) Because he came from money.
13. Which of the following were synonymous to scientiﬁc and beneﬁcial in Chapter 61?
(a) Rational and exact.
(b) Artistic and musical.
(c) Poetic and graphic.
(d) Profound and philosophical.
14. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
15. Which of the following were being locked up into systems by the violent people mentioned in Chapter 62?
(a) Political documents.
(b) World and contents.
(c) Money and GDP.
(d) Race and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
2. In Chapter 52, which of the following did Tuzzi notice in the ministry?
3. Who was considering the qualities necessary for a cultural leap in Chapter 44?
4. Which of the following campaigns mentioned in Chapter 35 was associated with Austrian patriotism?
5. What was Fischel's job in Chapter 35?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)