|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ulrich disenchanted with Arnheim in Chapter 44?
(a) Because he was dishonest.
(b) Because he was powerful.
(c) Because he was lazy.
(d) Because he came from money.
2. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
3. What was the name of Fischel's daughter?
4. Who of the following was the wife mentioned in Chapter 51?
5. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
(b) The nouveau riche.
(d) Old aristocracy.
6. Who was famous in Chapter 48?
7. Between whom of the following was there a rift in Chapter 66?
(a) Walter and Ulrich.
(b) Walter and Diotima.
(c) Diotima and Arnheim.
(d) Arnheim and Ulrich.
8. In Chapter 65, who was back and delighted to put himself at Diotima's disposal rather immediately?
9. Which of the following did the author turn out to be in Chapter 67?
10. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
11. In Chapter 55, what did the foster boy revengefully do to Arnheim?
(a) He poisoned him.
(b) He kidnapped him.
(c) He fought him.
(d) He stole from him.
12. Which of the following was a common reply given out by the Count in Chapter 56?
(a) "Awaiting further consideration".
(b) "The end is near".
(c) "Death becomes her".
(d) "Upon further notice".
13. Who was considering the qualities necessary for a cultural leap in Chapter 44?
14. What was one object that had old elegance but modern efficiency in Chapter 68?
15. Which of the following campaigns mentioned in Chapter 35 was associated with Austrian patriotism?
(a) The Political Campaign.
(b) The Species Campaign.
(c) The Collateral Campaign.
(d) The Cultural Campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following seemed different about the presentation of facts in Chapter 64?
2. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
3. Who was interested in Arnheim's reputation in Chapter 43?
4. Who developed a better friendship in in Chapter 67?
5. Which of the following were viewed in relation to each other in Chapter 45?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)