|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
2. Who of the following was not included in the important political meetings in Chapter 56?
3. Who appeared to be more mature by Chapter 64?
4. When did the public forget about Moosbrugger?
(a) When Ulrich announced his conspiracy.
(b) When he was imprisoned.
(c) When the newspaper stories stopped.
(d) When another criminal was captured.
5. What type of women were mentioned at the campaign in Chapter 40?
6. According to Musil, which of the following was in the feminine sphere?
(d) The arts.
7. What particular characteristic(s) did the identity question relate to in Chapter 39?
8. Who were described as people who were violent and aggressive in Chapter 62?
9. Where did Fischel work in Chapter 35?
(a) Bonn Prison.
(b) Lloyd's Bank.
(c) Berlin University.
(d) Miller's Tavern.
10. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
(b) Bread and Puppet.
(c) Piano Night.
(d) The Austrian Year.
11. Which of the following did the author mention in relation to the degree of responsibility that an individual had for his [or her] crimes in Chapter 60?
12. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Walter's pub.
(b) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(c) Ulrich's speeches.
(d) Diotoma's salon.
13. Why was Moosbrugger's victim apparently killed?
14. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
(a) His balding head.
(b) His feet.
15. How did the little boy do in foster care with Arnheim in Chapter 55?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 52, who of the following sent Germans in Berlin for a report on Arnheim?
2. Who was horrified by the journalist's establishment in Chapter 37?
3. What was likened to being the whole world in Chapter 41?
4. What was Fischel's job in Chapter 35?
5. What topic was under discussion in Chapter 66?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)