|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 55, which of the following was noted as the adopted boy's means of employment upon having grown up?
2. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
(a) His balding head.
(c) His feet.
3. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
4. In Chapter 56, who of the following sent a letter about Ulrich?
5. In Chapter 55, what did the foster boy revengefully do to Arnheim?
(a) He kidnapped him.
(b) He fought him.
(c) He stole from him.
(d) He poisoned him.
6. Which of the following was Moosbrugger on trial for in Chapter 53?
(c) Armed robbery.
7. Whom did Diotima humble with objections in Chapter 66?
8. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
9. Who developed a better friendship in in Chapter 67?
(a) Walter and Arnheim.
(b) Diotima and Flora.
(c) Marcus and Ulrich.
(d) Ulrich and Diotima.
10. In Chapter 51, which of the following did the wife cite as her husband's favorite activity?
11. Who met with the Count in Chapter 56?
12. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
13. Which of the following was a common reply given out by the Count in Chapter 56?
(a) "Awaiting further consideration".
(b) "Death becomes her".
(c) "The end is near".
(d) "Upon further notice".
14. Who was horrified by the journalist's establishment in Chapter 37?
15. Why was Moosbrugger's victim apparently killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 35?
2. Antagonism within which of the following schools was mentioned in Chapter 49?
3. Which of the following did Diotoma's friend consider to be intolerant in Chapter 65?
4. Which of the following did Musil write about In Chapter 50?
5. What was one object that had old elegance but modern efficiency in Chapter 68?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)