|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Musil cite as having been affected by bourgeois education in Chapter 46?
(b) Pure soul.
2. Which of the following was Moosbrugger on trial for in Chapter 53?
(a) Armed robbery.
3. Which of the following seemed different about the presentation of facts in Chapter 64?
(b) Hodge podge.
(c) Matter of fact.
4. Why was Moosbrugger's victim apparently killed?
5. According to Musil, which of the following was in the feminine sphere?
(b) The arts.
6. Between which of the following was a difference drawn out in Chapter 41?
(a) Austrian and Prussian.
(b) German and Swedish.
(c) Swedish and Prussian.
(d) French and Austrian.
7. Who was born in poverty with dirt coming up through the floorboards in Chapter 40?
8. What did Ulrich declare Diotima was doing in Chapter 68?
(a) Something long.
(b) Something dangerous.
(c) Something peaceful.
(d) Something boring.
9. With whom did Fischel's daughter share a friendship in Chapter 35?
10. Which of the following were synonymous to scientiﬁc and beneﬁcial in Chapter 61?
(a) Poetic and graphic.
(b) Profound and philosophical.
(c) Artistic and musical.
(d) Rational and exact.
11. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Walter's pub.
(b) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(c) Diotoma's salon.
(d) Ulrich's speeches.
12. Which of the following did Diotoma's friend consider to be intolerant in Chapter 65?
13. Why was Ulrich disenchanted with Arnheim in Chapter 44?
(a) Because he was powerful.
(b) Because he was dishonest.
(c) Because he came from money.
(d) Because he was lazy.
14. How did the little boy do in foster care with Arnheim in Chapter 55?
15. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic was under discussion in Chapter 66?
2. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
3. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 35?
4. Who was horrified by the journalist's establishment in Chapter 37?
5. In Chapter 55, what did the foster boy revengefully do to Arnheim?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)