|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 56, who of the following sent a letter about Ulrich?
2. When did the public forget about Moosbrugger?
(a) When another criminal was captured.
(b) When the newspaper stories stopped.
(c) When Ulrich announced his conspiracy.
(d) When he was imprisoned.
3. Where did Fischel work in Chapter 35?
(a) Berlin University.
(b) Miller's Tavern.
(c) Bonn Prison.
(d) Lloyd's Bank.
4. Who played the piano in Chapter 38?
(a) Clarisse and Walter.
(b) Ulrich and Maria.
(c) Fischel and Leinsdorf.
(d) Bonadea and Walter.
5. Who was delighted to have a poor young lady as a servant in Chapter 40?
6. Who was horrified by the journalist's establishment in Chapter 37?
7. Which of the following did a journalist establish in Chapter 37?
(a) Bread and Puppet.
(b) The Austrian Year.
(c) Piano Night.
8. Between which of the following was a difference drawn out in Chapter 41?
(a) Swedish and Prussian.
(b) Austrian and Prussian.
(c) French and Austrian.
(d) German and Swedish.
9. Who of the following was most idealistic about the mystery that Musil wrote about in Chapter 49?
10. Who was the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
11. Who was also considered notorious and mentioned later in Chapter 48?
(a) Herr Arnheim.
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) Robert Musil.
12. Who tried to attend to the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
13. What did Musil consider to be greater than mankind in Chapter 45?
(a) Science and learning.
(b) The forces of nature.
(c) The environmental crisis.
(d) Spiritual energy.
14. Why was Ulrich disenchanted with Arnheim in Chapter 44?
(a) Because he came from money.
(b) Because he was dishonest.
(c) Because he was lazy.
(d) Because he was powerful.
15. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 35?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who learned about the murderer through newspapers in Chapter 38?
2. Who of the following was known as His Highness in Chapter 56?
3. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
4. Who had improved castles in Chapter 68?
5. What did Ulrich declare Diotima was doing in Chapter 68?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)