|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many chapters are included in the two-volume set of The Man Without Qualities?
2. Where did Musil relocate when the Nazis' power grew?
3. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
(a) Sturm und Drang.
(d) Gothic literature.
4. Which of the following did Musil write about as being affected by changes at the turn of the Century?
5. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, which of the following gave humans tremendous power through their use?
6. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
(a) In private quarters.
(b) Both - in private quarters and out in public.
(c) In the rural countryside.
(d) Out in public.
7. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
(a) Removed obstacles.
(b) Bring forth a pardon.
(c) Offered sympathy.
(d) Lighten the sentence.
8. Which of the following cultural groups was not popular in Europe?
(a) The Swedish.
(b) The German.
(c) The Jewish.
(d) The English.
9. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
(a) To offer his services for rescue work.
(b) To drama school.
(c) Into the education field.
(d) Into the civil engineering field.
10. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
(a) Deceived them.
(b) Fight them.
(c) Blame them.
(d) Steal from them.
11. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
12. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
13. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
(d) Lichendeit. Feudalist.
14. Who was Ulrich's lover in Chapter 5?
15. Which of the following was the War in which Musil served?
(a) Austro-Hungarian War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between which of the following did Ulrich draw a comparison in Chapter 30?
2. Why was the woman in Chapter 15 sad about her husband?
3. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
4. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
5. Where did Musil spend most of his life?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)