|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ulrich travel in Chapter 21?
(a) To Australia.
(b) To France.
(c) To Prague.
(d) To Liege.
2. What happened to Ulrich while he was out drinking in Chapter 1?
(a) He was mugged.
(b) He fell down.
(c) He shattered the goblet from which he was drinking.
(d) He was involved in an accident.
3. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
(a) Permanent Secretary.
4. Where did Musil relocate when the Nazis' power grew?
5. Who influenced Ulrich in his study?
6. According to Musil, which of the following characterized the previous Century?
(a) Technological advancement and social progress.
(b) Music and philosophy.
(c) Art, music, and poetry.
(d) War and disease.
7. According to Musil, what portion of the female body was covered up in clothing?
(a) Waist upward.
(b) Stomach upward.
(c) Neck downward.
(d) Bosom downward.
8. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country that he visited was moving toward in Chapter 21?
(a) Civil war.
(d) Political stalemate.
9. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, which of the following gave humans tremendous power through their use?
10. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Sang in a cabaret.
(b) Waited tables.
(c) Cooked meals.
(d) Danced nude.
11. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A woman.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A priest.
12. Which of the following did Ulrich join after he finished school?
(a) An alumni association.
(b) The military.
(c) A union.
(d) A choir.
13. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
(d) Lichendeit. Feudalist.
14. For which of the following did Diotoma carry the proverbial torch in Chapter 26?
(a) For the Species Campaign.
(b) For the Collateral Campaign.
(c) For the Political Campaign.
(d) For the Cultural Campaign.
15. Which of the following was affected by the defendant's alleged actions in Chapter 30?
(a) A bank.
(b) A young man.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A storefront.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following traits did Ulrich seem most enamored by in his lover?
2. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
3. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
4. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
5. According to Musil, which of the following types of behaviors were expected of women?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)