Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
(a) A coward.
(b) A benefactor.
(c) An informant.
(d) A thief.
2. What was different about Diotoma compared to many women of her social sphere in Chapter 25?
(a) She was more supportive.
(b) She was unfriendlier.
(c) She was more determined.
(d) She was more masculine.
3. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
(a) In private quarters.
(b) Both - in private quarters and out in public.
(c) In the rural countryside.
(d) Out in public.
4. For which of the following did Diotoma carry the proverbial torch in Chapter 26?
(a) For the Species Campaign.
(b) For the Political Campaign.
(c) For the Cultural Campaign.
(d) For the Collateral Campaign.
5. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
6. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
7. Which of the following traits possessed by Ulrich's lover did not become apparent at first, but rather became evident later?
8. To whom did her husband appear more gifted than Ulrich in Chapter 15?
9. What did Ulrich do to the woman in Chapter 12?
(a) Flattered her.
(b) Pulled her away.
(c) Criticized her.
(d) Pushed her.
10. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
(a) Remorse, but no regret.
(b) Regret, but no remorse.
(c) Anger, but no regret.
(d) Forgiveness, but no vengeance.
11. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
(a) A sense of aristocracy.
(b) A sense of humility.
(c) A sense of laziness.
(d) A sense of hard work.
12. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
13. What city did Musil live in later in life as a post-Expressionist writer?
14. What type of communication did Ulrich find among the people whom he studied and worked with in Chapter 10?
15. Why was the woman in Chapter 15 sad about her husband?
(a) Because he was not a hard worker.
(b) Because he was not prominent.
(c) Because he was not handsome.
(d) Because he was not intellectual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following specialty areas best described Ulrich's education?
2. How did Diotoma react when her husband did not take her new endeavor seriously?
3. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
4. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
5. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)