|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ulrich do to the woman in Chapter 12?
(a) Pulled her away.
(b) Criticized her.
(c) Flattered her.
(d) Pushed her.
2. How many people did Ulrich face in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A woman.
4. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
5. Which of the following did Musil write about as being affected by changes at the turn of the Century?
6. What year was Musil born?
7. With whom did Ulrich discuss the crime in Chapter 30?
8. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
(a) Into the civil engineering field.
(b) To drama school.
(c) To offer his services for rescue work.
(d) Into the education field.
9. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
(a) Remorse, but no regret.
(b) Regret, but no remorse.
(c) Anger, but no regret.
(d) Forgiveness, but no vengeance.
10. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
(a) Removed obstacles.
(b) Bring forth a pardon.
(c) Offered sympathy.
(d) Lighten the sentence.
11. Whom of the following did Ulrich meet in Chapter 20?
12. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Sang in a cabaret.
(b) Cooked meals.
(c) Danced nude.
(d) Waited tables.
13. Which of the following cultural groups was not popular in Europe?
(a) The Jewish.
(b) The English.
(c) The Swedish.
(d) The German.
14. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
15. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
(a) Deceived them.
(b) Fight them.
(c) Blame them.
(d) Steal from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
2. Which of the following groups of writers shared the same literary lineage with Musil?
3. Who influenced Ulrich in his study?
4. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
5. To whom did her husband appear more gifted than Ulrich in Chapter 15?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)