|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
2. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
(a) Steal from them.
(b) Blame them.
(c) Fight them.
(d) Deceived them.
3. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A priest.
(c) A woman.
(d) A fireman.
4. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
(a) A sense of laziness.
(b) A sense of hard work.
(c) A sense of aristocracy.
(d) A sense of humility.
5. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
(a) England and France.
(b) Asia and the Pacific.
(c) Austria and Germany.
(d) America and Canada.
6. In Chapter 1, what was uncertain at the scene when the ambulance arrived?
(a) Whether Ulrich would defend himself.
(b) Whether Ulrich was guilty.
(c) Whether the driver was present.
(d) Whether the victim was dead or alive.
7. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
(a) Lighten the sentence.
(b) Bring forth a pardon.
(c) Offered sympathy.
(d) Removed obstacles.
8. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 21?
9. Which of the following specialty areas best described Ulrich's education?
10. For which of the following did Diotoma carry the proverbial torch in Chapter 26?
(a) For the Species Campaign.
(b) For the Collateral Campaign.
(c) For the Political Campaign.
(d) For the Cultural Campaign.
11. Which of the following was the War in which Musil served?
(a) Austro-Hungarian War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War II.
12. In Chapter 8, which of the following did the narrator describe as a form of intimacy that was not right?
13. What did Ulrich do to the woman in Chapter 12?
(a) Pushed her.
(b) Flattered her.
(c) Criticized her.
(d) Pulled her away.
14. Which of the following trait types were discovered with the newness of the Century?
(a) Paradoxical and contradictory.
(b) Long and muted.
(c) Fashionable and appealing.
(d) Similar and equitable.
15. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
2. What was one of the country's characteristics that had changed that Ulrich noticed in Chapter 21?
3. Which of the following cultural groups was not popular in Europe?
4. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
5. To which of the following did Ulrich compare the effects of the defendant in Chapter 31?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)