|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(b) Temporary nature.
2. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
(a) Both - in private quarters and out in public.
(b) In private quarters.
(c) In the rural countryside.
(d) Out in public.
3. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
(a) A sense of aristocracy.
(b) A sense of hard work.
(c) A sense of humility.
(d) A sense of laziness.
4. To which of the following did Ulrich compare the effects of the defendant in Chapter 31?
(a) A priest.
(b) A dog.
(c) A broker.
(d) A cat.
5. Which of the following traits did Ulrich seem most enamored by in his lover?
(a) Her dancing.
(b) Her singing.
(c) Her speech.
(d) Her beauty.
6. Who was Ulrich's lover in Chapter 5?
7. Why was Ulrich in a mess in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he had been in a street fight.
(b) Because he had been feeling sick.
(c) Because he had been shot.
(d) Because he had been in an accident.
8. What affair ended in Chapter 33?
(a) The one between Ulrich and Bonadea.
(b) The one between Ulrich and Clarisse.
(c) The one between Moosbrugger and Clarisse.
(d) The one between Arnheim and Bonadea.
9. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
10. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
(a) Into the education field.
(b) To offer his services for rescue work.
(c) Into the civil engineering field.
(d) To drama school.
11. How many chapters are included in the two-volume set of The Man Without Qualities?
12. Where did Musil spend most of his life?
13. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
(a) Remorse, but no regret.
(b) Regret, but no remorse.
(c) Forgiveness, but no vengeance.
(d) Anger, but no regret.
14. Which of the following statements best describes what the Count said to Diotoma about her idea in Chapter 25?
(a) That it was too expensive.
(b) That it was too difficult to comprehend.
(c) That it was a point of cultural development.
(d) That it was a foolish idea.
15. What was one of the country's characteristics that had changed that Ulrich noticed in Chapter 21?
(a) Its architecture.
(b) Its food.
(c) Its flag.
(d) Its people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what was uncertain at the scene when the ambulance arrived?
2. Which of the following did Ulrich join after he finished school?
3. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
4. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)