|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
(d) Permanent Secretary.
2. What affair ended in Chapter 33?
(a) The one between Ulrich and Clarisse.
(b) The one between Moosbrugger and Clarisse.
(c) The one between Ulrich and Bonadea.
(d) The one between Arnheim and Bonadea.
3. Who influenced Ulrich in his study?
4. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
(a) A sense of laziness.
(b) A sense of aristocracy.
(c) A sense of hard work.
(d) A sense of humility.
5. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
(a) A thief.
(b) A coward.
(c) A benefactor.
(d) An informant.
6. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
(b) First Union Bank.
(c) Jimmy's store.
7. What trait of a married woman was under discussion in Chapter 25?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her choice.
(d) Her role.
8. According to Musil, which of the following types of behaviors were expected of women?
(a) Being demanding and unrelenting.
(b) Being provocative and bold.
(c) Being alluring - yet shy.
(d) Being talkative and pushy.
9. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
10. Who did Ulrich meet and become attracted to in Chapter 22?
11. Whom of the following did Ulrich meet in Chapter 20?
12. Who was Ulrich's lover in Chapter 5?
13. Where did Musil spend most of his life?
14. What did the judge try to bring into question about the defendant in Chapter 30?
(a) Regret, but no remorse.
(b) Remorse, but no regret.
(c) Forgiveness, but no vengeance.
(d) Anger, but no regret.
15. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(a) Temporary nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
2. How was Diotoma transforming herself in Chapter 25?
3. Whose sanity was under question in Chapter 32?
4. Why was the woman in Chapter 15 sad about her husband?
5. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)