|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
2. To which of the following did Ulrich compare the effects of the defendant in Chapter 31?
(a) A priest.
(b) A broker.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
3. Which of the following were women expected to emphasize while remaining demure in Chapter 15?
(a) Bosoms and behinds.
(b) Curves and smiles.
(c) Hair and legs.
(d) Eyes and makeup.
4. Where did Ulrich travel in Chapter 21?
(a) To Liege.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To France.
(d) To Prague.
5. Whom of the following did Ulrich meet in Chapter 20?
6. Which of the following was affected by the defendant's alleged actions in Chapter 30?
(a) A storefront.
(b) A bank.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A young man.
7. For which of the following did Diotoma carry the proverbial torch in Chapter 26?
(a) For the Cultural Campaign.
(b) For the Political Campaign.
(c) For the Collateral Campaign.
(d) For the Species Campaign.
8. Who was Diotoma's husband?
9. What year was Musil born?
10. Which of the following brought about a story shift in Chapter 22?
(a) Political story.
(b) Civilian readings.
(c) Love interest.
(d) Marketing influence.
11. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
12. What was different about Diotoma compared to many women of her social sphere in Chapter 25?
(a) She was more supportive.
(b) She was more masculine.
(c) She was unfriendlier.
(d) She was more determined.
13. How many chapters are included in the two-volume set of The Man Without Qualities?
14. What did Ulrich do to the woman in Chapter 12?
(a) Flattered her.
(b) Pushed her.
(c) Criticized her.
(d) Pulled her away.
15. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries were close-knit rivals in Chapter 21?
2. According to Musil, which of the following presented a paradox at the turn of the Century?
3. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
4. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
5. What happened to Ulrich while he was out drinking in Chapter 1?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)