|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Cooked meals.
(b) Danced nude.
(c) Waited tables.
(d) Sang in a cabaret.
2. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
3. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
(a) Austria and Germany.
(b) America and Canada.
(c) England and France.
(d) Asia and the Pacific.
4. Which of the following countries were close-knit rivals in Chapter 21?
(a) England, Holland, and Germany.
(b) France, England, and Luxembourg.
(c) Austria, Germany, and Prussia.
(d) Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Yugoslavia.
5. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
(d) Permanent Secretary.
6. In Chapter 8, which of the following did the narrator describe as a form of intimacy that was not right?
7. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
8. Where did Ulrich travel in Chapter 21?
(a) To Liege.
(b) To Prague.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To France.
9. In Chapter 1, what was uncertain at the scene when the ambulance arrived?
(a) Whether Ulrich was guilty.
(b) Whether the driver was present.
(c) Whether the victim was dead or alive.
(d) Whether Ulrich would defend himself.
10. According to Musil, what portion of the female body was covered up in clothing?
(a) Bosom downward.
(b) Waist upward.
(c) Stomach upward.
(d) Neck downward.
11. What year was Musil born?
12. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 21?
13. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
(a) A company.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A salon.
(d) A philanthropic organization.
14. To whom did her husband appear more gifted than Ulrich in Chapter 15?
15. What type of communication did Ulrich find among the people whom he studied and worked with in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
2. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
3. How many chapters are included in the two-volume set of The Man Without Qualities?
4. Who influenced Ulrich in his study?
5. What happened to Ulrich while he was out drinking in Chapter 1?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)