|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country he visited was in during a protracted period in Chapter 21?
(a) Political stalemate.
(b) Civil war.
2. Which of the following traits did Ulrich seem most enamored by in his lover?
(a) Her singing.
(b) Her dancing.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her speech.
3. Whose sanity was under question in Chapter 32?
4. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
5. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A priest.
(b) A woman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A fireman.
6. What year was Musil born?
7. Which of the following was affected by the defendant's alleged actions in Chapter 30?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A bank.
(c) A storefront.
(d) A young man.
8. Why was Ulrich in a mess in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he had been shot.
(b) Because he had been in an accident.
(c) Because he had been in a street fight.
(d) Because he had been feeling sick.
9. Who did Ulrich meet and become attracted to in Chapter 22?
10. Who was Ulrich's lover in Chapter 5?
11. To which of the following did Ulrich compare the effects of the defendant in Chapter 31?
(a) A cat.
(b) A broker.
(c) A dog.
(d) A priest.
12. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
(a) That it led those in the profession to fight and then make peace.
(b) That jobs in the field would open, and then close up.
(c) That it empowered and enslaved.
(d) That more equipment would end up being broken than getting fixed.
13. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
14. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Cooked meals.
(b) Sang in a cabaret.
(c) Danced nude.
(d) Waited tables.
15. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Ulrich discuss the crime in Chapter 30?
2. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
3. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
4. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
5. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)