|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following trait types were discovered with the newness of the Century?
(a) Long and muted.
(b) Paradoxical and contradictory.
(c) Similar and equitable.
(d) Fashionable and appealing.
2. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
3. Why was Ulrich in a mess in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he had been in a street fight.
(b) Because he had been in an accident.
(c) Because he had been feeling sick.
(d) Because he had been shot.
4. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
5. According to Musil, which of the following characterized the previous Century?
(a) War and disease.
(b) Technological advancement and social progress.
(c) Music and philosophy.
(d) Art, music, and poetry.
6. Which of the following specialty areas best described Ulrich's education?
7. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
(a) Lighten the sentence.
(b) Offered sympathy.
(c) Bring forth a pardon.
(d) Removed obstacles.
8. Between which of the following did Ulrich draw a comparison in Chapter 30?
(a) Moosabrugger's complicity and Arnheim's theft.
(b) Moosbrugger's theft and Bonadea's murders.
(c) Clarisse's murders and Moosbrugger's theft.
(d) Bonadea's infidelity and Moosbrugger's murders.
9. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 21?
10. Which of the following did Musil write about as being affected by changes at the turn of the Century?
11. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
(d) Lichendeit. Feudalist.
12. How was Diotoma transforming herself in Chapter 25?
(a) She was becoming more mature.
(b) She was becoming more loving.
(c) She was becoming colder.
(d) She was becoming more difficult.
13. According to Musil, what portion of the female body was covered up in clothing?
(a) Bosom downward.
(b) Waist upward.
(c) Stomach upward.
(d) Neck downward.
14. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
(a) A philanthropic organization.
(b) A company.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A salon.
15. To which of the following did Ulrich compare the effects of the defendant in Chapter 31?
(a) A cat.
(b) A priest.
(c) A broker.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ulrich do to the woman in Chapter 12?
2. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
3. Which of the following was the War in which Musil served?
4. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
5. Who did Ulrich meet and become attracted to in Chapter 22?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)