|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ulrich meet and become attracted to in Chapter 22?
2. Which of the following was affected by the defendant's alleged actions in Chapter 30?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A bank.
(c) A young man.
(d) A storefront.
3. What was different about Diotoma compared to many women of her social sphere in Chapter 25?
(a) She was more masculine.
(b) She was more supportive.
(c) She was unfriendlier.
(d) She was more determined.
4. For which of the following did Diotoma carry the proverbial torch in Chapter 26?
(a) For the Collateral Campaign.
(b) For the Species Campaign.
(c) For the Political Campaign.
(d) For the Cultural Campaign.
5. What trait of a married woman was under discussion in Chapter 25?
(a) Her choice.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her role.
(d) Her soul.
6. How many people did Ulrich face in Chapter 6?
7. Which of the following countries were close-knit rivals in Chapter 21?
(a) France, England, and Luxembourg.
(b) Austria, Germany, and Prussia.
(c) Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Yugoslavia.
(d) England, Holland, and Germany.
8. How did Diotoma react when her husband did not take her new endeavor seriously?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She was jealous.
(c) She was distressed.
(d) She was not perturbed.
9. What kind of woman was Ulrich's rescuer?
10. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A salon.
(c) A philanthropic organization.
(d) A company.
11. Which of the following statements best describes what the Count said to Diotoma about her idea in Chapter 25?
(a) That it was a foolish idea.
(b) That it was too expensive.
(c) That it was too difficult to comprehend.
(d) That it was a point of cultural development.
12. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
13. To which of the following did Ulrich compare the effects of the defendant in Chapter 31?
(a) A priest.
(b) A broker.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
14. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country that he visited was moving toward in Chapter 21?
(a) Political stalemate.
(b) Civil war.
15. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
(a) Gothic literature.
(c) Sturm und Drang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Whom of the following was Ulrich curious about in order to understand what a man of importance was like?
3. Which of the following did Ulrich join after he finished school?
4. Whose sanity was under question in Chapter 32?
5. What happened to Ulrich while he was out drinking in Chapter 1?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)