|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country that he visited was moving toward in Chapter 21?
(c) Political stalemate.
(d) Civil war.
2. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
3. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(c) Temporary nature.
4. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
(a) Her deceptive nature.
(b) Her impatience with life.
(c) Her insecurity about her appearance.
(d) Her attraction to men.
5. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
6. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 21?
7. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
8. What city did Musil live in later in life as a post-Expressionist writer?
9. Which of the following types of commoner was Diotoma's husband?
10. Who influenced Ulrich in his study?
11. Which of the following groups of writers shared the same literary lineage with Musil?
(a) Spencer, Wordsworth, and Shakespeare.
(b) Tolstoy, Balzac, and Dostoevsky.
(c) Goethe, Marx, and Whitmore.
(d) Milton, Yeats, and Balzac.
12. In Chapter 1, what was uncertain at the scene when the ambulance arrived?
(a) Whether Ulrich would defend himself.
(b) Whether Ulrich was guilty.
(c) Whether the driver was present.
(d) Whether the victim was dead or alive.
13. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
(a) Fight them.
(b) Deceived them.
(c) Blame them.
(d) Steal from them.
14. What trait of a married woman was under discussion in Chapter 25?
(a) Her choice.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her role.
15. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following brought about a story shift in Chapter 22?
2. According to Musil, which of the following characterized the previous Century?
3. Which of the following trait types were discovered with the newness of the Century?
4. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
5. According to Musil, what portion of the female body was covered up in clothing?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)