Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of communication did Ulrich find among the people whom he studied and worked with in Chapter 10?
2. What city did Musil live in later in life as a post-Expressionist writer?
3. Which of the following statements best describes what the Count said to Diotoma about her idea in Chapter 25?
(a) That it was a foolish idea.
(b) That it was a point of cultural development.
(c) That it was too expensive.
(d) That it was too difficult to comprehend.
4. How many chapters are included in the two-volume set of The Man Without Qualities?
5. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Cooked meals.
(b) Danced nude.
(c) Waited tables.
(d) Sang in a cabaret.
6. How many people did Ulrich face in Chapter 6?
7. Between which of the following did Ulrich draw a comparison in Chapter 30?
(a) Moosbrugger's theft and Bonadea's murders.
(b) Moosabrugger's complicity and Arnheim's theft.
(c) Clarisse's murders and Moosbrugger's theft.
(d) Bonadea's infidelity and Moosbrugger's murders.
8. Which of the following specialty areas best described Ulrich's education?
9. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
10. According to Musil, which of the following types of behaviors were expected of women?
(a) Being provocative and bold.
(b) Being demanding and unrelenting.
(c) Being talkative and pushy.
(d) Being alluring - yet shy.
11. What trait of a married woman was under discussion in Chapter 25?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her choice.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her role.
12. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
13. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
(a) Steal from them.
(b) Deceived them.
(c) Blame them.
(d) Fight them.
14. What was different about Diotoma compared to many women of her social sphere in Chapter 25?
(a) She was more supportive.
(b) She was more determined.
(c) She was unfriendlier.
(d) She was more masculine.
15. Which of the following did Musil write about as being affected by changes at the turn of the Century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affair ended in Chapter 33?
2. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
3. With whom did Ulrich discuss the crime in Chapter 30?
4. For which of the following did Diotoma carry the proverbial torch in Chapter 26?
5. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)