|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did her husband appear more gifted than Ulrich in Chapter 15?
2. Why was Ulrich in a mess in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he had been in a street fight.
(b) Because he had been shot.
(c) Because he had been in an accident.
(d) Because he had been feeling sick.
3. What happened to Ulrich while he was out drinking in Chapter 1?
(a) He shattered the goblet from which he was drinking.
(b) He was involved in an accident.
(c) He was mugged.
(d) He fell down.
4. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, which of the following gave humans tremendous power through their use?
5. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Waited tables.
(b) Danced nude.
(c) Cooked meals.
(d) Sang in a cabaret.
6. What affair ended in Chapter 33?
(a) The one between Ulrich and Bonadea.
(b) The one between Ulrich and Clarisse.
(c) The one between Arnheim and Bonadea.
(d) The one between Moosbrugger and Clarisse.
7. How many children did the woman who rescued Ulrich have?
8. What was the name of the person whom people wanted Ulrich to meet in Chapter 22?
9. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
10. How was Diotoma transforming herself in Chapter 25?
(a) She was becoming more loving.
(b) She was becoming more difficult.
(c) She was becoming colder.
(d) She was becoming more mature.
11. Which of the following traits did Ulrich seem most enamored by in his lover?
(a) Her speech.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her dancing.
(d) Her singing.
12. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
(a) Her impatience with life.
(b) Her insecurity about her appearance.
(c) Her attraction to men.
(d) Her deceptive nature.
13. Which of the following did Ulrich notice that the country he visited was in during a protracted period in Chapter 21?
(a) Political stalemate.
(b) Civil war.
14. Which of the following cultural groups was not popular in Europe?
(a) The Swedish.
(b) The English.
(c) The German.
(d) The Jewish.
15. Why was the woman in Chapter 15 sad about her husband?
(a) Because he was not prominent.
(b) Because he was not a hard worker.
(c) Because he was not handsome.
(d) Because he was not intellectual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Ulrich face in Chapter 6?
2. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
3. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
4. Where did Musil spend most of his life?
5. What type of communication did Ulrich find among the people whom he studied and worked with in Chapter 10?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)