|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
2. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(d) Temporary nature.
3. With whom did Ulrich discuss the crime in Chapter 30?
4. What kind of woman was Ulrich's rescuer?
5. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A salon.
(c) A philanthropic organization.
(d) A company.
6. In Chapter 8, which of the following did the narrator describe as a form of intimacy that was not right?
7. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
8. What was the defendant on trial for in Chapter 30?
9. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
10. What did Ulrich do to the woman in Chapter 12?
(a) Pulled her away.
(b) Flattered her.
(c) Criticized her.
(d) Pushed her.
11. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
(a) America and Canada.
(b) England and France.
(c) Asia and the Pacific.
(d) Austria and Germany.
12. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, which of the following gave humans tremendous power through their use?
13. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
(a) Her deceptive nature.
(b) Her impatience with life.
(c) Her attraction to men.
(d) Her insecurity about her appearance.
14. What did the issue of sanity do for the person in question in Chapter 32?
(a) Lighten the sentence.
(b) Bring forth a pardon.
(c) Removed obstacles.
(d) Offered sympathy.
15. Who was Diotoma's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ulrich go after leaving the cavalry?
2. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
3. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
4. Where did Musil relocate when the Nazis' power grew?
5. Which of the following countries were close-knit rivals in Chapter 21?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)