|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the person whom people wanted Ulrich to meet in Chapter 22?
2. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
(a) Asia and the Pacific.
(b) America and Canada.
(c) Austria and Germany.
(d) England and France.
3. How was Diotoma transforming herself in Chapter 25?
(a) She was becoming more loving.
(b) She was becoming more difficult.
(c) She was becoming more mature.
(d) She was becoming colder.
4. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
5. Whom of the following did Ulrich visit in Chapter 21?
6. According to Musil, what portion of the female body was covered up in clothing?
(a) Waist upward.
(b) Stomach upward.
(c) Neck downward.
(d) Bosom downward.
7. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
(a) In the rural countryside.
(b) In private quarters.
(c) Out in public.
(d) Both - in private quarters and out in public.
8. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
(a) Her attraction to men.
(b) Her insecurity about her appearance.
(c) Her impatience with life.
(d) Her deceptive nature.
9. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
(a) A coward.
(b) An informant.
(c) A benefactor.
(d) A thief.
10. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(c) Temporary nature.
11. Which of the following brought about a story shift in Chapter 22?
(a) Love interest.
(b) Marketing influence.
(c) Political story.
(d) Civilian readings.
12. Whom of the following was Ulrich curious about in order to understand what a man of importance was like?
13. How did Diotoma react when her husband did not take her new endeavor seriously?
(a) She was angry.
(b) She was distressed.
(c) She was jealous.
(d) She was not perturbed.
14. In Chapter 1, what was uncertain at the scene when the ambulance arrived?
(a) Whether Ulrich would defend himself.
(b) Whether the driver was present.
(c) Whether the victim was dead or alive.
(d) Whether Ulrich was guilty.
15. Where did Musil spend most of his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following specialty areas best described Ulrich's education?
2. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
3. According to Musil, which of the following presented a paradox at the turn of the Century?
4. Which of the following did Ulrich join after he finished school?
5. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)