|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Ulrich join after he finished school?
(a) The military.
(b) An alumni association.
(c) A union.
(d) A choir.
2. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
(b) Sturm und Drang.
(d) Gothic literature.
3. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
4. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following cases did Ulrich discuss with his acquaintance in Chapter 20?
(d) Lichendeit. Feudalist.
6. How did Diotoma react when her husband did not take her new endeavor seriously?
(a) She was jealous.
(b) She was distressed.
(c) She was not perturbed.
(d) She was angry.
7. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
8. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
(a) Both - in private quarters and out in public.
(b) In private quarters.
(c) Out in public.
(d) In the rural countryside.
9. What did the judge state that the defendant did regularly with other people in Chapter 30?
(a) Blame them.
(b) Fight them.
(c) Deceived them.
(d) Steal from them.
10. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
(b) Permanent Secretary.
11. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Sang in a cabaret.
(b) Cooked meals.
(c) Waited tables.
(d) Danced nude.
12. Which of the following cultural groups was not popular in Europe?
(a) The German.
(b) The Jewish.
(c) The English.
(d) The Swedish.
13. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(d) Temporary nature.
14. Between which of the following did Ulrich draw a comparison in Chapter 30?
(a) Clarisse's murders and Moosbrugger's theft.
(b) Moosabrugger's complicity and Arnheim's theft.
(c) Moosbrugger's theft and Bonadea's murders.
(d) Bonadea's infidelity and Moosbrugger's murders.
15. How was Diotoma transforming herself in Chapter 25?
(a) She was becoming more loving.
(b) She was becoming colder.
(c) She was becoming more difficult.
(d) She was becoming more mature.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Musil, which of the following types of behaviors were expected of women?
2. Whom of the following did Ulrich meet in Chapter 20?
3. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
4. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
5. Who arrived at the end of Chapter 25?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)