|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 55 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ulrich do to the woman in Chapter 12?
(a) Pushed her.
(b) Flattered her.
(c) Pulled her away.
(d) Criticized her.
2. Which of the following groups of writers shared the same literary lineage with Musil?
(a) Spencer, Wordsworth, and Shakespeare.
(b) Milton, Yeats, and Balzac.
(c) Goethe, Marx, and Whitmore.
(d) Tolstoy, Balzac, and Dostoevsky.
3. In Chapter 8, which of the following did the narrator describe as a form of intimacy that was not right?
4. What city did Musil live in later in life as a post-Expressionist writer?
5. Which of the following traits possessed by Ulrich's lover did not become apparent at first, but rather became evident later?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
2. Which of the following was the War in which Musil served?
3. Who felt inhibited and impressed by a young aristocratic woman in Chapter 41?
4. Which of the following was Robert Musil's nationality?
5. Which of the following did the person whom Ulrich met leave him with in Chapter 20?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)