|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 55 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following showed the received letter to Ulrich?
2. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
(d) Permanent Secretary.
3. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A priest.
(c) A woman.
(d) A fireman.
4. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
(a) That it led those in the profession to fight and then make peace.
(b) That more equipment would end up being broken than getting fixed.
(c) That it empowered and enslaved.
(d) That jobs in the field would open, and then close up.
5. Who met with the Count in Chapter 56?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
2. According to Musil, which of the following was in the feminine sphere?
3. Who was horrified by the journalist's establishment in Chapter 37?
4. Which of the following was a common reply given out by the Count in Chapter 56?
5. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)