|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
(a) That it led those in the profession to fight and then make peace.
(b) That it empowered and enslaved.
(c) That more equipment would end up being broken than getting fixed.
(d) That jobs in the field would open, and then close up.
2. Whose sanity was under question in Chapter 32?
3. When her friendship with Ulrich escalated, which of the following types of intimacy developed between them in Chapter 12?
4. What did Musil write about in Chapter 49?
(a) The Mystery of the Whole.
(b) The Mystery of the Fool.
(c) The Mystery of the Wise.
(d) The Mystery of the Pure.
5. Which of the following traits possessed by Ulrich's lover did not become apparent at first, but rather became evident later?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
2. Who tried to attend to the teenager mentioned in Chapter 44?
3. Which of the following did Diotoma establish in Chapter 25?
4. What particular characteristic(s) did the identity question relate to in Chapter 39?
5. According to Musil, what portion of the female body was covered up in clothing?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)