|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Musil born?
2. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
(a) That it led those in the profession to fight and then make peace.
(b) That jobs in the field would open, and then close up.
(c) That more equipment would end up being broken than getting fixed.
(d) That it empowered and enslaved.
3. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
(a) Waited tables.
(b) Cooked meals.
(c) Danced nude.
(d) Sang in a cabaret.
4. Which of the following trait types were discovered with the newness of the Century?
(a) Long and muted.
(b) Paradoxical and contradictory.
(c) Fashionable and appealing.
(d) Similar and equitable.
5. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(c) Temporary nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was on trial in Chapter 30?
2. Which of the following was a factor that led Ulrich's rescuer into extramarital affairs?
3. What was the position in the country that was held by Diotoma's husband in Chapter 25?
4. Which of the following was the name of the affected party at the trial in Chapter 30?
5. Where did Ulrich spend time with his lover?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)