|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
2. According to Musil, which of the following characterized the previous Century?
(a) War and disease.
(b) Art, music, and poetry.
(c) Music and philosophy.
(d) Technological advancement and social progress.
3. Who was Ulrich's lover in Chapter 5?
4. What was different about Diotoma compared to many women of her social sphere in Chapter 25?
(a) She was more determined.
(b) She was unfriendlier.
(c) She was more supportive.
(d) She was more masculine.
5. Where did Musil end up living later in life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following traits possessed by Ulrich's lover did not become apparent at first, but rather became evident later?
2. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
3. Which of the following did the Northern Europeans lack in terms of literature?
4. Which of the following did Musil write about as being affected by changes at the turn of the Century?
5. What affair ended in Chapter 33?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)