|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Musil, which of the following geographical areas emphasized decorum, yet allure in dress?
(a) Austria and Germany.
(b) Asia and the Pacific.
(c) England and France.
(d) America and Canada.
2. What did the relationship that Ulrich and his rescuer share carry as an ominous feeling?
(c) Temporary nature.
3. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, what was the paradoxical power of engineering?
(a) That it empowered and enslaved.
(b) That jobs in the field would open, and then close up.
(c) That it led those in the profession to fight and then make peace.
(d) That more equipment would end up being broken than getting fixed.
4. Which of the following trait types were discovered with the newness of the Century?
(a) Similar and equitable.
(b) Long and muted.
(c) Fashionable and appealing.
(d) Paradoxical and contradictory.
5. In Chapter 6, who found Ulrich in a dreadful condition and sent him home in a cab?
(a) A woman.
(b) A priest.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescued Ulrich in Chapter 12?
2. Whom of the following was Ulrich apparently better at implementation than in Chapter 15?
3. Which of the following did the man who Ulrich considered to be of importance turn out to be?
4. How many people did Ulrich face in Chapter 6?
5. Whom of the following was Ulrich curious about in order to understand what a man of importance was like?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)