|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 60 - 64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of writers shared the same literary lineage with Musil?
(a) Tolstoy, Balzac, and Dostoevsky.
(b) Spencer, Wordsworth, and Shakespeare.
(c) Goethe, Marx, and Whitmore.
(d) Milton, Yeats, and Balzac.
2. Where did Musil relocate when the Nazis' power grew?
3. Which of the following were the intelligentsia attracted to in Chapter 47?
(a) Walter's pub.
(b) Bonadea's exhibitions.
(c) Ulrich's speeches.
(d) Diotoma's salon.
4. In Chapter 51, which of the following frustrated the wife about her husband?
(b) His feet.
(c) His balding head.
5. What did the wife consider to be an exceptionally modern occupation in Chapter 51?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following were women expected to emphasize while remaining demure in Chapter 15?
2. When did the public forget about Moosbrugger?
3. According to Ulrich in Chapter 11, which of the following gave humans tremendous power through their use?
4. Who was considering the qualities necessary for a cultural leap in Chapter 44?
5. Which of the following did Ulrich's lover do for a living?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)