|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Gerda go with her knowledge of Arnheim's motives in Chapter 119?
2. What country is mentioned with regard to the challenge of keeping diverse forces united in Chapter 116?
3. What happens between Gerda and Ulrich in Chapter 119?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They have an argument.
(c) They stop seeing one another.
(d) They plan a secret rendezvous.
4. What is the main interest outsiders seem to show in Moosbrugger, according to the information presented in Chapter 110?
(a) Whether he is crazy.
(b) Whether he feels remorse for his crime.
(c) Whether he can be rehabilitated.
(d) Whether he was really guilty of committing a crime.
5. Where are Rachel and Soliman in Chapter 104?
(a) At Rache's house.
(b) At Soliman's house.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a party which their employers have attended.
6. When Moosbrugger's trial reached the courts, what type of issue did it become?
7. What is said about Diotima in Chapter 108?
(a) She is praised for maintaining an appropriate, nonsexual relationship with Arnheim, despite her feelings for him.
(b) She is criticized for allowing herself to fall in love with another man.
(c) She is credited with having an interest in the concept of redemption.
(d) She is praised for her involvement in social service.
8. Which individual is not mentioned by Ulrich as one of his long-term friends in Chapter 103?
9. What two things does the General compare when talking to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Warfare and libraries.
(b) Warfare and politics.
(c) Politics and school.
(d) Schools and libraries.
10. For whom does Soliman work?
(b) General Stumm.
(d) The Tuzzis.
11. Why doesn't Ulrich get to see Diotima when he goes to visit her in Chapter 121?
(a) She is visiting with someone else.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is not in.
(d) Her husband won't let her see anyone.
12. How does Ulrich feel about his relationship with Arnheim in Chapter 112?
(a) Arnheim wants to have a relationship with him, but he doesn't want one.
(b) It is odd, at best.
(c) Ulrich feels that Arnheim is just using him.
(d) They are quite close, and trust one another.
13. According to the author in Chapter 112, at what point does a great man cease to be great?
(a) When no one takes any notice of him.
(b) When he loses all of his money.
(c) When he does something to forever tarnish his reputation.
(d) When he is publicly criticized.
14. From what ailment is Bonadea suffering in Chapter 115?
(a) Dizzy spells.
(b) Stomach aches.
(d) Nausea and vomiting.
15. How does Bonadea feel about her husband?
(a) She used to love him, but doesn't anymore.
(b) Her feelings about him are never explicitly stated.
(c) She didn't love him when they got married but now feels affectionate toward him.
(d) She never loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate result of Ulrich and Gerda's interactions in Chapter 119?
2. What did Ulrich do to offend Arnheim in Chapter 112?
3. What do Ulrich and Arnheim decide regarding Moosbrugger in Chapter 121?
4. What is Bonadea's husband's rank in the military?
5. What concept does Arnheim ponder in Chapter 106?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)