|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Chapters 80 - 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arnheim explain to Diotima in Chapter 76?
(a) Some of the Count's characteristics are a natural byproduct of his status.
(b) Diotima doesn't have the social stature to question the Count.
(c) Diotima's husband can't better his position without the Count's blessings.
(d) The Count is severely opposed to anti-Semitism and actively works against it.
2. Who is Count Leinsdorf?
(a) Ulrich's uncle.
(b) An acquaintance of Leo and Klementine.
(c) One of Diotima's best friends.
(d) Gerda's brother-in-law.
3. What do Ulrich and Klementine discuss in Chapter 73?
(b) Ulrich's love for Gerda.
(c) Leo's hopes for a promotion.
(d) The upcoming war.
4. Who visits Diotima in Chapter 75?
(a) A general.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A politician.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Why was the General promoted to staff officer?
(a) The others had noticed he was something of a philosopher.
(b) He showed himself to be extremely dedicated and patriotic.
(c) He went above and beyond the call of duty.
(d) He had military connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Diotima discuss with Arnheim in Chapter 76?
2. Of what nationality is Arnheim?
3. How old is Gerda?
4. How is Count Leinsdorf addressed?
5. To whom is Gerda engaged?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)