Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a voice erupts from the back of the train, who does the voice of the stowaway belong to?
2. According to the afternoon plans originally laid out, what are the meeting attendees supposed to be doing after the train ride?
3. How many shots does it take Bond to kill Hendriks aboard the train?
4. When Bond hears a single cough while hunting for Scaramanga in the Morass, about how far away does the cough come from?
5. What is the name of the Supreme Court justice present at the "official" meeting that takes place in Bond's hospital room?
Compare and contrast James Bond and Felix Leiter.
a. How are the two characters similar in terms of their professional lives? How are they different?
b. How are the two characters similar in their personality characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses? How are they different?
c. Looking forward, how might surviving the train ride impact each of these men as they move forward with their lives? Will they be similarly affected or not? Explain your answers and your reasoning.
There are several characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have - or should have - been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
The entire story takes place primarily in two different locations. Compare and contrast the following locations in the story - in London and in Savannah La Mar. Be sure to include how the characters are treated in each of these locations, as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of these two locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live in, and why?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)