Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard the train, who offers Bond a million dollars if only Bond will get the remaining mobsters out of the mess they find themselves in?
2. How much time passes between when Bond shoots Scaramanga in the Morass and when Bond regains consciousness in the hospital?
3. What does the colloquialism "buckra" mean?
4. According to the person who remains behind in Bond's hospital room, what line of work is Bond in?
5. When Bond begins listening at the door to the meeting in the conference room, who is speaking?
The author uses several different literary techniques as the story is told in regard to the story's flow. Describe the techniques of both flashbacks and foreshadowing. How are each of these techniques used in the story? Give specific examples of each technique. Why might the author have chosen to use both of these techniques in the story? Was the story enhanced by the use of these two techniques? Why or why not?
Compare and contrast James Bond and Scaramanga.
a. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
b. Compare the role that justice plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by the concept of justice - both positively and negatively?
Throughout the story, there are several situations where Bond's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where Bond's life is in danger. Describe the situation and how Bond survives.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to kill Bond. What is the motivation in each of these situations to kill Bond?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)