Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard the train, who offers Bond a million dollars if only Bond will get the remaining mobsters out of the mess they find themselves in?
2. How much time passes between when Bond shoots Scaramanga in the Morass and when Bond regains consciousness in the hospital?
3. What does the colloquialism "buckra" mean?
4. According to the person who remains behind in Bond's hospital room, what line of work is Bond in?
5. When Bond begins listening at the door to the meeting in the conference room, who is speaking?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast James Bond and Felix Leiter.
a. How are the two characters similar in terms of their professional lives? How are they different?
b. How are the two characters similar in their personality characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses? How are they different?
c. Looking forward, how might surviving the train ride impact each of these men as they move forward with their lives? Will they be similarly affected or not? Explain your answers and your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the groups of people trying to gain control of the sugar market. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different? Did any one group of people actually end up controlling the sugar market? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: James Bond, Felix Leiter, Scaramanga, Hendriks, and M.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)