Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard the train, who offers Bond a million dollars if only Bond will get the remaining mobsters out of the mess they find themselves in?
2. How much time passes between when Bond shoots Scaramanga in the Morass and when Bond regains consciousness in the hospital?
3. What does the colloquialism "buckra" mean?
4. According to the person who remains behind in Bond's hospital room, what line of work is Bond in?
5. When Bond begins listening at the door to the meeting in the conference room, who is speaking?
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes in this novel involves deceptive appearances.
a. Identify three characters that use deceptive appearances to further their interests.
b. Why do these characters rely on deception?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not been deceptive? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Scaramanga's loyalties, for instance, lie only with himself, while Leiter is loyal both to the United States and to James Bond. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Scaramanga, James Bond, Hendriks, Felix Leiter, and Mary Goodnight. Support your observations.
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled, "The Man with the Golden Gun". Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the struggles of both the protagonist and the antagonist, and the determination of James Bond to end up on top?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)