|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the four meeting attendees all wearing for their afternoon train ride?
2. According to Scaramanga, how much money does he tell the attendees that they need to raise for the hotel?
3. As Bond's visitor supports the excuse Bond gives to Scaramanga, by what name does Bond's visitor call Scaramanga?
4. As Bond watches the train, who else does Bond see jump from the train?
5. According to the afternoon plans originally laid out, what are the meeting attendees supposed to be doing after the train ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bond witnesses the train running over the object on the train tracks, what does Bond suddenly realize?
2. What is the meeting taking place in Bond's hospital room for?
3. When the other man at Scaramanga's morning meeting asks Scaramanga how he allowed James Bond into the middle of The Group's negotiations, what does Scaramanga say?
4. What is the award conferred upon James Bond in his hospital room as he is recovering from his wounds?
5. When the stowaway shows himself on the train, what is the stowaway's plan for Bond?
6. According to the "Gleaner", who was killed when the bridge near Green Island Harbour "collapsed"?
7. According to Scaramanga's reminder as the men begin to argue with each other, what was the first agreement the men made when the Co-operative was first formed?
8. When Scaramanga begins his morning meeting, what is the first thing he learns from the other man at the meeting?
9. How does the Resident Medical Officer characterize his patient in Number Twelve?
10. How does Bond characterize the evening ahead of him after dinner is served before Scaramanga tells Bond to make the evening go better?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the groups of people trying to gain control of the sugar market. Compare and contrast these groups in terms of overall number, organization, overall motivation, ability to plan, and success achieved. How are they similar? How are they different? Did any one group of people actually end up controlling the sugar market? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: James Bond, Felix Leiter, Scaramanga, Hendriks, and M.
Essay Topic 3
Scaramanga is a man who is supremely confident. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How is Scaramanga helped by his utter confidence? How is Scaramanga hurt by his confidence? Provide examples of each.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)