|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "official" report, where are the two Jamaican-controlled agents recovering from the wounds incurred in the battle royal?
2. How many men are present, including Scaramanga, at his meeting?
3. As shots are fired aboard the train, Bond is hit. Where is Bond shot?
4. After Scaramanga challenges Bond to make the evening better and Bond asks Scaramanga for the item, who shouts for Scaramanga to give Bond what he asked for?
5. As Bond snaps his mind back into focus while hunting for Scaramanga in the Morass, about how far from the bridge is Bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the poison that Scaramanga tipped his bullets with not kill Bond?
2. While Bond is meeting with Nicholson and Leiter in the back office, what do the three men decide?
3. While Bond is meeting with Nicholson and Leiter in the back office, what do the three men absolutely agree on?
4. According to Scaramanga, when will the ships anchored outside U.S. harbors finally anchor?
5. According to Scaramanga, only one thing changes now that Scaramanga has heard what the other man at the morning meeting has to say. What is the one thing that changes?
6. What is the award conferred upon James Bond in his hospital room as he is recovering from his wounds?
7. When Bond asks the stowaway why the stowaway had thought Scaramanga was dead, what does the stowaway say?
8. As Bond hunts for Scaramanga in the Morass, what does Bond allow himself to think about?
9. When Scaramanga and the person he was meeting with leave the conference room, what do their expressions make Bond feel like?
10. When Scaramanga tells Bond that they "must have a shooting match one of these days", how does Bond respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of loyalty is evident throughout the novel. Scaramanga's loyalties, for instance, lie only with himself, while Leiter is loyal both to the United States and to James Bond. Discuss how the theme of loyalty is portrayed through the eyes of Scaramanga, James Bond, Hendriks, Felix Leiter, and Mary Goodnight. Support your observations.
Essay Topic 2
There is no doubt that James Bond has been greatly affected by his imprisonment and brainwashing experience at the hands of the Russian KGB. Discuss how Bond's imprisonment by the KGB affects his confidence levels, his world outlook, and his ability to interact with those around him. How do his experiences help - and hinder - Bond's ability to do his job?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, there are several situations where Bond's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where Bond's life is in danger. Describe the situation and how Bond survives.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to kill Bond. What is the motivation in each of these situations to kill Bond?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)