|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Bond is about to shoot Scaramanga, Scaramanga makes one final request. What does Scaramanga ask Bond for?
2. According to the "official" report, who were Leiter, Nicholson, and Bond working under the direction of?
3. As shots are fired aboard the train, Bond is hit. Where is Bond shot?
4. How does M sign his communications?
5. According to the person who remains behind in Bond's hospital room, what line of work is Bond in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the poison that Scaramanga tipped his bullets with not kill Bond?
2. According to Scaramanga, why is having the ships anchored outside the U.S. harbors a risky business?
3. What is the meeting taking place in Bond's hospital room for?
4. What is the award conferred upon James Bond in his hospital room as he is recovering from his wounds?
5. When Bond asks the stowaway why the stowaway had thought Scaramanga was dead, what does the stowaway say?
6. When Scaramanga begins his morning meeting, what is the first thing he learns from the other man at the meeting?
7. According to the other man at Scaramanga's morning meeting, what identifying mark solidified the positive identification of Scaramanga's personal assistant as James Bond?
8. According to the "Gleaner", who was killed when the bridge near Green Island Harbour "collapsed"?
9. What important message does the first speaker at the meeting have for the Chairman?
10. When Scaramanga and the person he was meeting with leave the conference room, what do their expressions make Bond feel like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The entire story takes place primarily in two different locations. Compare and contrast the following locations in the story - in London and in Savannah La Mar. Be sure to include how the characters are treated in each of these locations, as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of these two locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live in, and why?
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "The Man with the Golden Gun". Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the struggles of both the protagonist and the antagonist, and the determination of James Bond to end up on top?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how the character of James Bond changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of his character when he is first introduced in the story, when he receives his mission to kill Scaramanga, when he is introduced as Scaramanga's personal assistant, and when he finally kills Scaramanga in the swamp. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)