|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ten days after Bond regains consciousness and is part of a meeting in his hospital room, who is given absolute authority to close the meeting if Bond shows any signs of strain?
2. According to what Scaramanga tells the man he is meeting with, from where did Scaramanga hire the two managers to handle the hotel people for Scaramanga's conference?
3. According to Scaramanga, how many days earlier did Scaramanga kill a British agent sent to eliminate him?
4. According to what Scaramanga tells Bond in the Morass, how many men has Scaramanga killed in his lifetime?
5. Who is the first meeting attendee to object to the amount of money Scaramanga is asking for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several times in the story, Bond is helped by other people in order to move forward in both his investigation into Scaramanga and in his personal life.
a. Identify at least three times in the story in which Bond reaches out for help.
b. Compare and contrast each of these events in terms of the situation Bond is trying to understand, the effect of his asking for help, and the situation that immediately follows this time.
c. How might Bond's actions have impacted the story's plot if he hadn't reached out for help from others?
Essay Topic 2
The entire story takes place primarily in two different locations. Compare and contrast the following locations in the story - in London and in Savannah La Mar. Be sure to include how the characters are treated in each of these locations, as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of these two locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live in, and why?
Essay Topic 3
There are several characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have - or should have - been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
This section contains 1,503 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)