|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was the mission that James Bond supposedly died while working on?
2. When Bond asks Scaramanga for a list of meeting attendees, who is the first person Scaramanga mentions?
3. What company name has recently been discarded as a cover for the British Secret Service?
4. What is the name of the hotel Scaramanga is staying at?
5. Of all the meeting attendees, who is the very first to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What or who is "The Infuriator"?
2. Who is Porterfield and what does Porterfield pride himself on being?
3. Why does Mary Goodnight insist on accompanying Bond to Savannah La Mar?
4. As Bond follows Scaramanga to the Thunderbird Hotel, how does Bond feel as they arrive at the darkened hotel, and why?
5. After Bond finds and reads the message he sees at the display stand in the Kingston airport, what does Bond do next?
6. After fingerprints confirm Bond's identity, why does the Chief of Staff caution M to not see Bond?
7. Describe Scaramanga's weapon of choice.
8. What event did the beginning of Scaramanga's career coincide with?
9. What does the message say that Bond finds at the display stand in the Kingston airport?
10. Why does the girl who manages 3 ½ Love Lane go by such an unusual name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several times in the story, Bond is helped by other people in order to move forward in both his investigation into Scaramanga and in his personal life.
a. Identify at least three times in the story in which Bond reaches out for help.
b. Compare and contrast each of these events in terms of the situation Bond is trying to understand, the effect of his asking for help, and the situation that immediately follows this time.
c. How might Bond's actions have impacted the story's plot if he hadn't reached out for help from others?
Essay Topic 2
The entire story takes place primarily in two different locations. Compare and contrast the following locations in the story - in London and in Savannah La Mar. Be sure to include how the characters are treated in each of these locations, as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of these two locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live in, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: James Bond, Felix Leiter, Scaramanga, Hendriks, and M.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)