|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the meeting attendees is described as a big shot in the entertainment world?
2. How long is Captain Walker supposed to keep James Bond on the line so that the call can be traced?
3. Before Bond went missing and was presumed dead, who was Bond's secretary?
4. What is the headline of Bond's horoscope in the paper he purchases from the shop in the Kingston airport?
5. Who was in charge of James Bond while he was in captivity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the girl who manages 3 ½ Love Lane go by such an unusual name?
2. What does Bond tell Goodnight about his mission before sending her back to Kingston?
3. According to the Chief Security Officer, what was always odd to him about James Bond's death?
4. Describe the simple trap that Bond puts in front of his door before going to bed at the Thunderbird Hotel.
5. Why is the paper Bond purchases from the shop at the Kingston airport one of his favorites?
6. As Bond follows Scaramanga to the Thunderbird Hotel, how does Bond feel as they arrive at the darkened hotel, and why?
7. According to James Bond, what is the first law for a secret agent?
8. When Bond finds the bug in his room at the Thunderbird Hotel, what does Bond briefly toy with the idea of doing?
9. What is the Silver Greyhound that Bond is carrying as he waits for his connecting flight in the Kingston airport?
10. After Bond finds and reads the message he sees at the display stand in the Kingston airport, what does Bond do next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The entire story takes place primarily in two different locations. Compare and contrast the following locations in the story - in London and in Savannah La Mar. Be sure to include how the characters are treated in each of these locations, as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of these two locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live in, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, there are several situations where Bond's life is in danger.
a. Identify at least three instances where Bond's life is in danger. Describe the situation and how Bond survives.
b. Compare and contrast the dangerous situations in which others are attempting to kill Bond. What is the motivation in each of these situations to kill Bond?
Essay Topic 3
There are several characters introduced in the story who do not survive until the end of the story. Identify at least three people killed as the novel progresses. Compare and contrast each of these deaths, being sure to indicate which character died, how the character died, who was responsible for the character's death, and what impact on the overall plot the character's death had. What could have - or should have - been learned from each of these deaths by the other characters?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)