|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scaramanga introduce Bond to the meeting attendees?
2. What is the name of the cafe located at 3 1/2 Love Lane?
3. According to a note in Scaramanga's file, who was responsible for writing the "Motivation" section in the file?
4. After swimming in the pool, Bond takes a walk around the property. What is Bond looking for?
5. Who does the manager of 3 ½ Love Lane hope will put a hex on Scaramanga for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the manager of 3 ½ Love Lane characterize her "business"?
2. What does the message say that Bond finds at the display stand in the Kingston airport?
3. According to the Chief Security Officer, what was always odd to him about James Bond's death?
4. Why is the paper Bond purchases from the shop at the Kingston airport one of his favorites?
5. According to M's explanation, why had M chosen Bond for the previous assignment on which he was supposedly killed?
6. What is the Silver Greyhound that Bond is carrying as he waits for his connecting flight in the Kingston airport?
7. When Bond finds the bug in his room at the Thunderbird Hotel, what does Bond briefly toy with the idea of doing?
8. What is the custom at M's lunchtime restaurant?
9. According to the briefing Bond gets from Head of Station J's secretary, why is it in Cuba's best interest to disrupt the Jamaican sugar crop?
10. Why does the girl who manages 3 ½ Love Lane go by such an unusual name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast James Bond and Scaramanga.
a. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
b. Compare the role that justice plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by the concept of justice - both positively and negatively?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: James Bond, Felix Leiter, Scaramanga, Hendriks, and M.
Essay Topic 3
Scaramanga is a man who is supremely confident. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How is Scaramanga helped by his utter confidence? How is Scaramanga hurt by his confidence? Provide examples of each.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)