|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bond's visitor supports the excuse Bond gives to Scaramanga, by what name does Bond's visitor call Scaramanga?
(a) Mr. Baranga.
(b) Mr. Ramang.
(c) Mr. Scramble.
(d) Mr. Scarman.
2. When Bond hears a single cough while hunting for Scaramanga in the Morass, about how far away does the cough come from?
(a) Twenty yards.
(b) Twenty feet.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) Ten yards.
3. According to what Scaramanga tells Bond in the Morass, how many men has Scaramanga killed in his lifetime?
4. When Bond arrives at the conference prior to Scaramanga's morning meeting, what does he notice is different about the chair where Rotkopf must have sat the previous day?
(a) It has blood on it.
(b) It has a cracked leg.
(c) It is tipped backwards.
(d) It has a torn cushion.
5. As Bond allows himself to be distracted as he hunts for Scaramanga, how does Bond characterize Scaramanga in his imagination?
(a) As an evil emperor.
(b) As a gracious host.
(c) As a humble servant.
(d) As a devil-man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from the Thunderbird Hotel is the train station?
2. As the train travels down the tracks, the driver calls out that something is ahead on the tracks. What is on the tracks?
3. Aboard the train, who accidentally shoots the train's driver?
4. Just as Bond is about to shoot Scaramanga, Scaramanga makes one final request. What does Scaramanga ask Bond for?
5. How many shots does it take Bond to kill Hendriks aboard the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the opinion of Scaramanga's chief, what is the only consideration of Mafia men?
2. According to the "Gleaner", who was killed when the bridge near Green Island Harbour "collapsed"?
3. When Scaramanga tells Bond that they "must have a shooting match one of these days", how does Bond respond?
4. What important message does the first speaker at the meeting have for the Chairman?
5. How does Bond characterize the evening ahead of him after dinner is served before Scaramanga tells Bond to make the evening go better?
6. What is the award conferred upon James Bond in his hospital room as he is recovering from his wounds?
7. What is the meeting taking place in Bond's hospital room for?
8. When Bond asks the stowaway why the stowaway had thought Scaramanga was dead, what does the stowaway say?
9. According to Scaramanga, why is having the ships anchored outside the U.S. harbors a risky business?
10. When Bond witnesses the train running over the object on the train tracks, what does Bond suddenly realize?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)