|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is the train supposed to depart with Scaramanga's guests on board?
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
2. Who is the Head of Station C in attendance at the "official" meeting that takes place in Bond's hospital room?
(a) Sam Rainer.
(b) Morris Cargill.
(c) John Mickelson.
(d) Alec Hill.
3. As Scaramanga is leaving Bond's hotel room, who does Scaramanga tell Bond he has a meeting with the next morning?
(a) Mr. Leiter.
(b) Mr. Garfinkel.
(c) Mr. Nicholson.
(d) Mr. Hendriks.
4. When the meeting attendees all assemble in the hotel lobby for their train ride, what article of clothing has Scaramanga added to his outfit?
(a) A golden ring.
(b) A cravat.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A cowboy hat.
5. When Bond is awakened by a persistent noise from behind his curtains, who does Bond find at his window?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the afternoon plans originally laid out, what are the meeting attendees supposed to be doing after the train ride?
2. When a voice erupts from the back of the train, who does the voice of the stowaway belong to?
3. Who is the person that Leiter is respectful of in the "official" meeting that takes place in Bond's hospital room?
4. As Gengerella enters the discussion, who does he acknowledge - somewhat snidely - are good traders?
5. At the time the meeting takes place, how many boats controlled by The Group are loaded with raw sugar outside United States' harbors?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Bond is meeting with Nicholson and Leiter in the back office, what do the three men absolutely agree on?
2. According to Scaramanga, when will the ships anchored outside U.S. harbors finally anchor?
3. What is the award conferred upon James Bond in his hospital room as he is recovering from his wounds?
4. How does Bond characterize the evening ahead of him after dinner is served before Scaramanga tells Bond to make the evening go better?
5. According to Scaramanga, only one thing changes now that Scaramanga has heard what the other man at the morning meeting has to say. What is the one thing that changes?
6. While Bond is meeting with Nicholson and Leiter in the back office, what do the three men decide?
7. As Bond enters the conference room at the start of Scaramanga's meeting, what are Scaramanga's instructions to Bond?
8. When Scaramanga and the person he was meeting with leave the conference room, what do their expressions make Bond feel like?
9. As the train hurtles forward towards the object blocking the tracks, what does Bond realize is the only thing that can stop the train in time?
10. Why does the poison that Scaramanga tipped his bullets with not kill Bond?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)