|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bond allows himself to be distracted as he hunts for Scaramanga, how does Bond characterize Scaramanga in his imagination?
(a) As an evil emperor.
(b) As a devil-man.
(c) As a humble servant.
(d) As a gracious host.
2. When the meeting attendees all assemble in the hotel lobby for their train ride, what article of clothing has Scaramanga added to his outfit?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A golden ring.
(d) A cravat.
3. What does the colloquialism "buckra" mean?
(a) Shove it.
(b) White man.
(c) Go away.
(d) Shut up.
4. What does Bond offer to send over to the musician's leader in order to help them liven up Scaramanga's dinner party?
(b) Red Stripe.
5. How much time passes between when Bond shoots Scaramanga in the Morass and when Bond regains consciousness in the hospital?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the plan Scaramanga lays out for his guests, where will the train stop?
2. As Gengerella enters the discussion, who does he acknowledge - somewhat snidely - are good traders?
3. As Bond watches the train, who else does Bond see jump from the train?
4. According to the "official" report, where are the two Jamaican-controlled agents recovering from the wounds incurred in the battle royal?
5. Where is the secret door that Scaramanga uses to enter Bond's hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Bond hunts for Scaramanga in the Morass, what does Bond allow himself to think about?
2. While Bond is meeting with Nicholson and Leiter in the back office, what do the three men decide to do while the body of Rotkopf is being disposed of?
3. As Bond hunts for Scaramanga in the Morass, why does Bond pull up his coat collar?
4. According to Scaramanga, why is having the ships anchored outside the U.S. harbors a risky business?
5. What important message does the first speaker at the meeting have for the Chairman?
6. When Scaramanga tells Bond that they "must have a shooting match one of these days", how does Bond respond?
7. According to the other man at Scaramanga's morning meeting, what identifying mark solidified the positive identification of Scaramanga's personal assistant as James Bond?
8. When the other man at Scaramanga's morning meeting asks Scaramanga how he allowed James Bond into the middle of The Group's negotiations, what does Scaramanga say?
9. According to the first speaker, what was decided at the committee's meeting six months earlier?
10. While Bond is meeting with Nicholson and Leiter in the back office, what do the three men decide?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)