|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bond waits in the Kingston airport for his connecting flight, how many other passengers are waiting in the airport?
2. The message that Bond finds at the display stand in the Kingston airport mentions SLM. What is SLM?
(a) Savannah La Mar.
(b) Secrets Lead to Murder.
(c) Station Leader Manual.
(d) Stay Loose, Man.
3. What room is Scaramanga in at the Thunderbird Hotel?
4. According to the story Bond tells M, when Bond was first found, what did he think he was?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) An accountant.
(d) An attorney.
5. After swimming in the pool, Bond takes a walk around the property. What is Bond looking for?
(a) His escape route.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His phone.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M's real first name?
2. When Bond checks the display stand holding messages for incoming and outgoing passengers, what name does Bond use for the British Secret Service's new cover organization?
3. What is the name of the neurologist M sent Bond to?
4. What is the headline of Bond's horoscope in the paper he purchases from the shop in the Kingston airport?
5. In what newspaper did Bond's obituary appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Scaramanga's weapon of choice.
2. What is the "War Book"?
3. How does the manager of 3 ½ Love Lane react when she hears footsteps on the stairs above?
4. After Bond finds and reads the message he sees at the display stand in the Kingston airport, what does Bond do next?
5. What does Bond tell Goodnight about his mission before sending her back to Kingston?
6. As Bond follows Scaramanga to the Thunderbird Hotel, how does Bond feel as they arrive at the darkened hotel, and why?
7. When Bond tests his gun after arriving at the Thunderbird Hotel, why does the gun aim an inch high?
8. What event did the beginning of Scaramanga's career coincide with?
9. Why does the wine committee at M's lunchtime restaurant stock wine that is not allowed to be on the restaurant's wine list?
10. Why did the Hard Man lose his job as a police superintendent before coming to work for the Ministry of Defense?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)