|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant M is eating lunch at as Chapter 3 opens?
2. When Bond orders a bottle of bourbon from room service, how many glasses does Bond ask for?
3. What does M usually eat for lunch?
4. When Bond checks the display stand holding messages for incoming and outgoing passengers, what name does Bond use for the British Secret Service's new cover organization?
5. How long is James Bond's layover in the Kingston airport before he boards his next flight?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. When James Bond arrives in London, what hotel does he check into?
2. How does Scaramanga characterize the men who will be attending his meeting?
3. Before Bond went missing and was presumed dead, who was Bond's secretary?
4. As Bond waits for his connecting flight in the Kingston airport, how long has he been chasing after Scaramanga?
5. Who was Scaramanga's duel with that eventually forced Scaramanaga to flee from the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Silver Greyhound that Bond is carrying as he waits for his connecting flight in the Kingston airport?
2. Why did the Hard Man lose his job as a police superintendent before coming to work for the Ministry of Defense?
3. According to M's explanation, why had M chosen Bond for the previous assignment on which he was supposedly killed?
4. What is the "War Book"?
5. Why does the girl who manages 3 ½ Love Lane go by such an unusual name?
6. What does Bond tell Goodnight about his mission before sending her back to Kingston?
7. As Bond follows Scaramanga to the Thunderbird Hotel, how does Bond feel as they arrive at the darkened hotel, and why?
8. What does the message say that Bond finds at the display stand in the Kingston airport?
9. After fingerprints confirm Bond's identity, why does the Chief of Staff caution M to not see Bond?
10. According to the briefing Bond gets from Head of Station J's secretary, why is it in Cuba's best interest to disrupt the Jamaican sugar crop?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)