|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away from Kingston is Savannah La Mar?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 60 miles.
(c) 80 miles.
(d) 120 miles.
2. How does James Bond describe the atmosphere in the Kingston airport?
3. What is the national bird of Jamaica?
(a) The seagull.
(b) The pelican.
(c) The hummingbird.
(d) The robin.
4. When Bond first sees Scaramanga the morning after he arrives at the Thunderbird Hotel, what is Scaramanga using to exercise?
(a) A trampoline.
(b) A sparring partner.
(c) A weight machine.
(d) A pool.
5. According to Scaramanga's file, who is Scaramanga mainly under the control of?
(a) The Mossad.
(b) The KGB.
(c) The SS.
(d) The CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bond checks the display stand holding messages for incoming and outgoing passengers, who does Bond find a message for?
2. As Bond waits in the Kingston airport for his connecting flight, how many other passengers are waiting in the airport?
3. As M approaches his office after returning from lunch, what does he notice as he steps onto his floor?
4. What is Scaramanga's first name?
5. What is the name on Bond's forged British passport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is James Bond so pleased to learn the identity of Head of Station J's secretary?
2. Describe Scaramanga's weapon of choice.
3. Why does Bond select the hotel he checks into when he first arrives in London?
4. Why is the paper Bond purchases from the shop at the Kingston airport one of his favorites?
5. Why did the Hard Man lose his job as a police superintendent before coming to work for the Ministry of Defense?
6. What event did the beginning of Scaramanga's career coincide with?
7. According to M's explanation, why had M chosen Bond for the previous assignment on which he was supposedly killed?
8. According to James Bond, what is the first law for a secret agent?
9. Why does the girl who manages 3 ½ Love Lane go by such an unusual name?
10. As Bond follows Scaramanga to the Thunderbird Hotel, how does Bond feel as they arrive at the darkened hotel, and why?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)