|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how long had Bond missed Scaramanga in Trinidad?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three hours.
2. What is the first name of M's Chief of Staff?
3. The message that Bond finds at the display stand in the Kingston airport mentions SLM. What is SLM?
(a) Savannah La Mar.
(b) Station Leader Manual.
(c) Secrets Lead to Murder.
(d) Stay Loose, Man.
4. When James Bond arrives in London, what hotel does he check into?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) The Ritz.
(d) The Devonshire.
5. Who was Scaramanga's duel with that eventually forced Scaramanaga to flee from the United States?
(a) A Las Vegas mobster.
(b) A New York mobster.
(c) A Detroit mobster.
(d) A Cuban mobster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company has recently been accepted as the new cover for the British Secret Service?
2. When Scaramanga introduces himself to Bond, what business does Scaramanga tell Bond he is in?
3. What kind of poison does James Bond try to shoot M with?
4. Scaramanga holds a diplomatic passport of which country?
5. What is the national bird of Jamaica?
Short Essay Questions
1. After fingerprints confirm Bond's identity, why does the Chief of Staff caution M to not see Bond?
2. Why does the wine committee at M's lunchtime restaurant stock wine that is not allowed to be on the restaurant's wine list?
3. What is the custom at M's lunchtime restaurant?
4. Who is Porterfield and what does Porterfield pride himself on being?
5. Why does Bond select the hotel he checks into when he first arrives in London?
6. According to James Bond, what is the first law for a secret agent?
7. Why is the paper Bond purchases from the shop at the Kingston airport one of his favorites?
8. According to Bond's guess, how much money and how much time are needed in order to bring the Thunderbird Hotel to what Scaramanga's vision is?
9. Why did the Hard Man lose his job as a police superintendent before coming to work for the Ministry of Defense?
10. What does Bond tell Goodnight about his mission before sending her back to Kingston?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)