|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the manager at 3 1/2 Love Lane feed to her birds?
(a) Ginger cakes.
(b) Fish food.
(c) Saltine crackers.
(d) White bread.
2. As the story opens, how long has it been since the story of James Bond's death was reported to the press?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Eight months.
3. When Bond first sees Scaramanga the morning after he arrives at the Thunderbird Hotel, what is Scaramanga using to exercise?
(a) A weight machine.
(b) A sparring partner.
(c) A pool.
(d) A trampoline.
4. After swimming in the pool, Bond takes a walk around the property. What is Bond looking for?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His car.
(c) His phone.
(d) His escape route.
5. How long is Captain Walker supposed to keep James Bond on the line so that the call can be traced?
(a) Seven minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Scaramanga's file, when did Scaramanga begin his "career"?
2. What kind of gun does James Bond carry?
3. According to Scaramanga's file, how many deaths is Scaramanga responsible for in Trinidad alone?
4. What does M usually eat for lunch?
5. What time of year is it when the story first opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although the description of Scaramanga in Records is exact, what does the description fail to catch?
2. What does Bond tell Goodnight about his mission before sending her back to Kingston?
3. What event did the beginning of Scaramanga's career coincide with?
4. Why does Mary Goodnight insist on accompanying Bond to Savannah La Mar?
5. Describe the simple trap that Bond puts in front of his door before going to bed at the Thunderbird Hotel.
6. Why did the Hard Man lose his job as a police superintendent before coming to work for the Ministry of Defense?
7. According to the briefing Bond gets from Head of Station J's secretary, why is it in Cuba's best interest to disrupt the Jamaican sugar crop?
8. According to M's explanation, why had M chosen Bond for the previous assignment on which he was supposedly killed?
9. Why does Bond select the hotel he checks into when he first arrives in London?
10. What or who is "The Infuriator"?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)