Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girl who serves Bond a drink at 3 1/2 Love Lane planning to do when the property is sold?
(a) Enter the trade.
(b) Open her own cafe.
(c) Return to Kingston.
(d) Travel to Miami.
2. As James Bond arrives at the Thunderbird Hotel, how far away is Bond's nearest contact?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
3. When Bond checks the display stand holding messages for incoming and outgoing passengers, what name does Bond use for the British Secret Service's new cover organization?
4. When Bond asks Scaramanga for a list of meeting attendees, who is the first person Scaramanga mentions?
(a) Mr. Binion.
(b) Mr. Hendriks.
(c) Mr. Rotkopf.
(d) Mr. Gengerella.
5. When James Bond first places the call to the Ministry of Defense and asks to speak to M, what department is Bond's call first routed to?
(a) Regent Section.
(b) Liaison Section.
(c) Defense Section.
(d) Espionage Section.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Scaramanga shoots the manager's two birds, what does Bond tell the manager to do?
2. According to Scaramanga, what is the name of the Negril development?
3. According to what Bond tells Scaramanga when introducing himself, what business does Bond tell Scaramanga he is in?
4. Who was in charge of James Bond while he was in captivity?
5. How does Scaramanga introduce Bond to the meeting attendees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important message does the first speaker at the meeting have for the Chairman?
2. As Bond hunts for Scaramanga in the Morass, why does Bond pull up his coat collar?
3. According to the "Gleaner", who was killed when the bridge near Green Island Harbour "collapsed"?
4. Why does Mary Goodnight insist on accompanying Bond to Savannah La Mar?
5. What event did the beginning of Scaramanga's career coincide with?
6. While Bond is meeting with Nicholson and Leiter in the back office, what do the three men decide?
7. What or who is "The Infuriator"?
8. When Bond finds the bug in his room at the Thunderbird Hotel, what does Bond briefly toy with the idea of doing?
9. Why did the Hard Man lose his job as a police superintendent before coming to work for the Ministry of Defense?
10. What is the custom at M's lunchtime restaurant?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)