|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what newspaper did Bond's obituary appear?
(a) "The Post".
(b) "The Examiner".
(c) "The Times".
(d) "The Reporter".
2. What is the first name of M's Chief of Staff?
3. By how long had Bond missed Scaramanga in Trinidad?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Three hours.
4. What kind of gun does James Bond carry?
(a) A Colt .45.
(b) A Beretta.
(c) A Walther PPK.
(d) A Magnum .57.
5. Who was Scaramanga's duel with that eventually forced Scaramanaga to flee from the United States?
(a) A Las Vegas mobster.
(b) A New York mobster.
(c) A Detroit mobster.
(d) A Cuban mobster.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bond first sees Scaramanga the morning after he arrives at the Thunderbird Hotel, what is Scaramanga using to exercise?
2. What is the name of the restaurant M is eating lunch at as Chapter 3 opens?
3. What is the name of the girl who serves Bond a drink at 3 1/2 Love Lane?
4. According to Scaramanga's file, how many deaths is Scaramanga responsible for in Trinidad alone?
5. When Bond asks Scaramanga for a list of meeting attendees, who is the first person Scaramanga mentions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Scaramanga's weapon of choice.
2. Why does the girl who manages 3 ½ Love Lane go by such an unusual name?
3. Who is Porterfield and what does Porterfield pride himself on being?
4. When Bond tests his gun after arriving at the Thunderbird Hotel, why does the gun aim an inch high?
5. Why does the wine committee at M's lunchtime restaurant stock wine that is not allowed to be on the restaurant's wine list?
6. Why does Bond select the hotel he checks into when he first arrives in London?
7. When Bond finds the bug in his room at the Thunderbird Hotel, what does Bond briefly toy with the idea of doing?
8. What is the "War Book"?
9. Why is James Bond so pleased to learn the identity of Head of Station J's secretary?
10. What or who is "The Infuriator"?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)