|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bond watches the stowaway jump from the train, how does Bond characterize the stowaway's landing?
(a) As perfect.
(b) As dangerous.
(c) As smooth.
(d) As clumsy.
2. As Gengerella enters the discussion, who does he acknowledge - somewhat snidely - are good traders?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Cubans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The English.
3. When Bond arrives at the conference prior to Scaramanga's morning meeting, how does he guess that Rotkopf had died?
(a) A single gunshot.
(b) A knife wound.
4. At the time the meeting takes place, how many boats controlled by The Group are loaded with raw sugar outside United States' harbors?
5. What is the name of the Supreme Court justice present at the "official" meeting that takes place in Bond's hospital room?
(a) Morris Cargill.
(b) Alec Hill.
(c) Sam Rainer.
(d) John Mickelson.
6. According to what Scaramanga tells Bond in the Morass, how many men has Scaramanga killed in his lifetime?
7. Who calls the "official" meeting to order that takes place in Bond's hospital room?
(a) The Supreme Court judge.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Police Commissioner.
(d) The Head of Station C.
8. When Bond arrives at the conference prior to Scaramanga's morning meeting, what does he notice?
(a) The room has been scrubbed.
(b) The set-up is the same.
(c) The body has not been moved.
(d) The carpet is stained.
9. According to the plan Scaramanga lays out for his guests, how long will the train trip be?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
10. After Scaramanga challenges Bond to make the evening better and Bond asks Scaramanga for the item, who shouts for Scaramanga to give Bond what he asked for?
11. Aboard the train, Scaramanga asks to see some gun play from Bond. What does Scaramanga tell Bond to shoot?
12. What are the four meeting attendees all wearing for their afternoon train ride?
(a) Brass belt buckles.
(b) Cowboy boots.
(c) Trench coats.
(d) Calypso shirts.
13. According to names the first speaker gives, who did NOT engage in the extensive purchasing of July sugar futures for their own personal gain?
14. What excuse does Bond give to Scaramanga when he tries to leave the party after dinner?
(a) Bond has a headache.
(b) Bond is tired.
(c) Bond has to leave the hotel.
(d) Bond has an early flight.
15. According to what Bond's visitor tells him, where does HQ think Bond is?
(a) In Trinidad.
(b) In London.
(c) In Kingston.
(d) In Havana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard the train, who accidentally shoots the train's driver?
2. When Bond escapes from Scaramanga's dinner party and returns to his room, what time is it?
3. According to Scaramanga, how much money does he tell the attendees that they need to raise for the hotel?
4. According to Scaramanga, how many days earlier did Scaramanga kill a British agent sent to eliminate him?
5. According to the "official" report, which group was NOT among those represented at the Thunderbird Hotel?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)