|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the plan Scaramanga lays out for his guests, how long will the train trip be?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
2. Where is the secret door that Scaramanga uses to enter Bond's hotel room?
(a) In the clothes cupboard.
(b) Behind the curtains.
(c) Behind the mirror.
(d) In the bathroom.
3. According to Scaramanga, how much money does he tell the attendees that they need to raise for the hotel?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $1 million.
(c) $15 million.
(d) $5 million.
4. As Bond allows himself to be distracted as he hunts for Scaramanga, how does Bond characterize Scaramanga in his imagination?
(a) As a humble servant.
(b) As a devil-man.
(c) As a gracious host.
(d) As an evil emperor.
5. After Scaramanga challenges Bond to make the evening better, what does Bond ask Scaramanga for?
(a) Scaramanga's car.
(b) Scaramanga's women.
(c) Scaramanga's bourbon.
(d) Scaramanga's gun.
6. Who had given Bond the pass key to enable Bond to access all areas of the hotel?
7. Who is the Head of Station C in attendance at the "official" meeting that takes place in Bond's hospital room?
(a) Sam Rainer.
(b) Alec Hill.
(c) Morris Cargill.
(d) John Mickelson.
8. What does the colloquialism "buckra" mean?
(a) Shut up.
(b) White man.
(c) Go away.
(d) Shove it.
9. How far from the Thunderbird Hotel is the train station?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) One mile.
10. What time is the train supposed to depart with Scaramanga's guests on board?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
11. How much time passes between when Bond shoots Scaramanga in the Morass and when Bond regains consciousness in the hospital?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
12. How does M sign his communications?
13. Aboard the train, how many spare magazines for his gun is Bond carrying?
14. How many shots does it take Bond to kill Hendriks aboard the train?
15. According to the afternoon plans originally laid out, what are the meeting attendees supposed to be doing after the train ride?
(a) Deep sea fishing.
(c) Flying back to Kingston.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bond dictates his return message to M, how much longer will it be before Bond returns to London?
2. Who is the last person, aside from Bond, to arrive at the conference room for Scaramanga's meeting?
3. Just as Bond is about to shoot Scaramanga, Scaramanga makes one final request. What does Scaramanga ask Bond for?
4. When Bond begins listening at the door to the meeting in the conference room, who is speaking?
5. Before the negotiations begin, who does Scaramanga ask to leave the room?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)