|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being captured, where was Bond taken to?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. Who does Captain Walker transfer James Bond's call to?
(a) Major Leiter.
(b) Major Barron.
(c) Major Townsend.
(d) Major Boris.
3. In what newspaper did Bond's obituary appear?
(a) "The Reporter".
(b) "The Times".
(c) "The Post".
(d) "The Examiner".
4. What is the name of the hotel Scaramanga is staying at?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) The Regency Central.
(d) The Thunderbird Hotel.
5. How long is Captain Walker supposed to keep James Bond on the line so that the call can be traced?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Seven minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
6. After Scaramanga shoots the manager's two birds, how much money does Bond give to the manager?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Seven pounds.
7. When Bond checks the display stand holding messages for incoming and outgoing passengers, what name does Bond use for the British Secret Service's new cover organization?
8. What is the first thing Bond does when he is alone in his room at the Thunderbird Hotel?
(a) Opens the mini-bar.
(b) Turns off the air conditioner.
(c) Orders room service.
(d) Turns off the lights.
9. What time of year is it when the story first opens?
10. When Bond first sees Scaramanga the morning after he arrives at the Thunderbird Hotel, what is Scaramanga using to exercise?
(a) A pool.
(b) A sparring partner.
(c) A weight machine.
(d) A trampoline.
11. The message that Bond finds at the display stand in the Kingston airport mentions SLM. What is SLM?
(a) Stay Loose, Man.
(b) Secrets Lead to Murder.
(c) Savannah La Mar.
(d) Station Leader Manual.
12. How far away from Kingston is Savannah La Mar?
(a) 80 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
13. When Bond finds a bug in his room, where is the bug hidden?
(a) In the phone.
(b) Behind the painting.
(c) Under the mattress.
(d) In the table drawer.
14. What does M usually eat for lunch?
15. When Bond asks Scaramanga for a list of meeting attendees, who is the first person Scaramanga mentions?
(a) Mr. Binion.
(b) Mr. Rotkopf.
(c) Mr. Hendriks.
(d) Mr. Gengerella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Scaramanga's duel with that eventually forced Scaramanaga to flee from the United States?
2. How does James Bond describe the atmosphere in the Kingston airport?
3. As James Bond waits for his next flight at the Kingston airport, where is Bond heading to?
4. What company has recently been accepted as the new cover for the British Secret Service?
5. Which of the meeting attendees does Bond recognize as belonging to the Purple Gang in Detroit?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)