* An operator at the Ministry of Defense receives a call from a man claiming to be James Bond.
* Captain Walker takes the call and, after confirming Bond's identity, instructs Bond to meet Major Townsend.
* Bond is actually acting on the orders of Colonel Boris - who was in charge of Bond's incarceration in Russia.
* After leaving his hotel, Bond travels to the Defense building to meet with Townsend.
* After the interview (which Bond passes based on information Colonel Boris provided to him), Townsend recommends that Bond be allowed to see M.
* Although M's Chief of Staff voices concerns, M decides to see Bond as soon as Bond arrives.
* Before the Chief of Staff leaves the office, he and M confirm that the device in the ceiling is properly functioning.
* When the Chief of Staff leaves M's office, he finds Bond in the outer office talking with...
This section contains 2,045 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)