|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at Phantom Ranch, what did Fletcher miss and want back that earlier in his journey made him uncomfortable?
2. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
3. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
4. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
5. What animal does Fletcher say lived in significant numbers in the area past the head of Forester Canyon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the transformation of how Fletcher perceives the Havasupai Indians from the time he first encounters them in their village to when he leaves. Include details about his theories on how the influence of civilized man changed them.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two dangers Fletcher faces during his journey. Explain how he prepared for such dangers. Give details about the dangers and events if any where they could have changed the outcome of the journey. Conclude your essay with how Fletcher avoided the dangers and what would have happened if he had acted differently.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, Fletcher details many mishaps, which he calls "stupidities." Discuss three of these giving details about the events, how Fletcher dealt with them, and the outcomes. Describe what Fletcher's reaction to these events says about his character.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)