|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher know the Milottes?
2. Why did Fletcher sound strange when he spoke to Jim Bailey in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
3. What creatures did Fletcher enjoy observing after passing the last barrier past Phantom Ranch?
4. How did Fletcher feel about the Grand Canyon during his time at Phantom Ranch?
5. In "Chapter 9, Man," Fletcher planned to spend several days with a friend researching the Canyon. Who was this friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe different examples of how the Fletcher's experience living the simple life on other treks helps him survive and even thrive on the long journey through the Canyon.
Essay Topic 2
Describe five different physical challenges that face Fletcher on his journey and how he overcomes them.
Essay Topic 3
In the Epilogue, Fletcher approaches the subject of preserving the Grand Canyon and other natural wonders. Explain what danger faced the Grand Canyon at that time. Give details about who was proposing the plan, what they intended to do, and what Fletcher believed could happen to the Canyon if they were allowed to continue. Include Fletcher's viewpoint on the matter.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)