|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
2. How did Fletcher feel about the meeting he attended in "Part 4, Epilogue"?
3. While at Phantom Ranch, what did Fletcher miss and want back that earlier in his journey made him uncomfortable?
4. At the beginning of "Chapter 6, Rock" what was one of the things Fletcher noticed and described that was in the cave where his first cache was stored?
5. What did Fletcher say would be different about how he would fit into society after his experience in the Grand Canyon?
Essay Topic 1
In a footnote, Fletcher briefly describes his life as a compulsive walker and gives a few details about another long journey he took in the past. In your own words, describe the lifestyle of a compulsive walker and give reasons why this lifestyle helped Fletcher have a successful journey through the Grand Canyon.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author develop the concept of becoming one with nature or connecting to nature? Give some examples of how his connection with the Canyon changes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare different aspects of Fletcher's personality. Include specific details from the book.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)