|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
2. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
3. While at Phantom Ranch, what did Fletcher miss and want back that earlier in his journey made him uncomfortable?
4. Why did Fletcher sound strange when he spoke to Jim Bailey in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
5. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the transformation of how Fletcher perceives the Havasupai Indians from the time he first encounters them in their village to when he leaves. Include details about his theories on how the influence of civilized man changed them.
Essay Topic 2
Give five examples of imagery Fletcher uses in the book. Include details and reasons why imagery is such an important component of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two people who influenced Fletcher either before, during, or after his journey. Give detailed descriptions of who they were and how they became part of Fletcher's experience. Compare their lives and the ways they influenced Fletcher.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)