|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
2. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
3. According to Fletcher's observations, how did people fresh from the city view the area near Phantom Ranch?
4. According to Fletcher, what was the motivation behind the Pacific Southwest Water Plan engineers?
5. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give five examples of imagery Fletcher uses in the book. Include details and reasons why imagery is such an important component of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fletcher's re-entrance into civilization. What steps did he take to make sure he didn't go about it too quickly, and how did he react to society?
Essay Topic 3
Describe different examples of how the Fletcher's experience living the simple life on other treks helps him survive and even thrive on the long journey through the Canyon.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)