|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
2. What disease did Fletcher say plagued William Wallace Bass?
3. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
Essay Topic 1
Give five examples of imagery Fletcher uses in the book. Include details and reasons why imagery is such an important component of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare different aspects of Fletcher's personality. Include specific details from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fletcher's experience when he spends four days gathering information with Doug Powell near the end of his journey. Include positive and negative elements. Include information about who Powell is and explain whether or not this experience would have been the same if they had the same meeting under different circumstances.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)