|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
2. According to Fletcher, what was the motivation behind the Pacific Southwest Water Plan engineers?
3. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
4. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
5. What other changes was Fletcher concerned would occur if the Pacific Southwest Water Plan passed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a footnote, Fletcher briefly describes his life as a compulsive walker and gives a few details about another long journey he took in the past. In your own words, describe the lifestyle of a compulsive walker and give reasons why this lifestyle helped Fletcher have a successful journey through the Grand Canyon.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two people who influenced Fletcher either before, during, or after his journey. Give detailed descriptions of who they were and how they became part of Fletcher's experience. Compare their lives and the ways they influenced Fletcher.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two dangers Fletcher faces during his journey. Explain how he prepared for such dangers. Give details about the dangers and events if any where they could have changed the outcome of the journey. Conclude your essay with how Fletcher avoided the dangers and what would have happened if he had acted differently.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)