Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
2. What disease did Fletcher say plagued William Wallace Bass?
3. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
The title of this book is The Man Who Walked Through Time, yet it has nothing to do with time travel. Time, however used several different ways, is often used by the author throughout the book. Use examples from the book to explain why the author may have chosen this title.
Choose two dangers Fletcher faces during his journey. Explain how he prepared for such dangers. Give details about the dangers and events if any where they could have changed the outcome of the journey. Conclude your essay with how Fletcher avoided the dangers and what would have happened if he had acted differently.
Describe different examples of how the Fletcher's experience living the simple life on other treks helps him survive and even thrive on the long journey through the Canyon.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)