|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Part 4, Epilogue" what does Fletcher say no man has a right to do?
2. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
3. Where was Fletcher headed at the beginning of "Chapter 9, Man?"
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Fletcher's admiration and disapproval of William Wallace Bass.
Essay Topic 2
Although Fletcher is in great physical shape and has lived a solitary simple lifestyle before, he has an adjustment period upon entering the Canyon. Describe the process Fletcher goes through to change himself physically and mentally to adapt to the journey during the first week.
Essay Topic 3
Fletcher might have been impulsive in some ways, but he planned the necessary parts of his journey carefully. Give some examples of different ways he planned before his trip and describe how these preparations saved him from disaster during the journey.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)