|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
2. What was Fletcher afraid would be the most tragic loss for the Grand Canyon if the proposed water plan went through?
3. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
4. What did Jim Bailey and the Park naturalist carry with them back over the Rim after speaking with Fletcher in the limestone cave?
5. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of this book is The Man Who Walked Through Time, yet it has nothing to do with time travel. Time, however used several different ways, is often used by the author throughout the book. Use examples from the book to explain why the author may have chosen this title.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two people who influenced Fletcher either before, during, or after his journey. Give detailed descriptions of who they were and how they became part of Fletcher's experience. Compare their lives and the ways they influenced Fletcher.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the transformation of how Fletcher perceives the Havasupai Indians from the time he first encounters them in their village to when he leaves. Include details about his theories on how the influence of civilized man changed them.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)