|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
2. What animal does Fletcher say lived in significant numbers in the area past the head of Forester Canyon?
3. Where did Fletcher spend four days walking on his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
4. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
5. What was Fletcher reminded of while listening to noises some creatures were making?
Essay Topic 1
The title of this book is The Man Who Walked Through Time, yet it has nothing to do with time travel. Time, however used several different ways, is often used by the author throughout the book. Use examples from the book to explain why the author may have chosen this title.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two dangers Fletcher faces during his journey. Explain how he prepared for such dangers. Give details about the dangers and events if any where they could have changed the outcome of the journey. Conclude your essay with how Fletcher avoided the dangers and what would have happened if he had acted differently.
Essay Topic 3
Describe different examples of how the Fletcher's experience living the simple life on other treks helps him survive and even thrive on the long journey through the Canyon.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)