|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet above the Colorado River was the Tonto Platform?
2. In "Part 4, Epilogue" what does Fletcher say no man has a right to do?
3. Where was Fletcher headed at the beginning of "Chapter 9, Man"?
4. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
5. How did Fletcher get along with his friend during their time studying the Grand Canyon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, Fletcher details many mishaps, which he calls "stupidities." Discuss three of these giving details about the events, how Fletcher dealt with them, and the outcomes. Describe what Fletcher's reaction to these events says about his character.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Fletcher's admiration and disapproval of William Wallace Bass.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author develop the concept of becoming one with nature or connecting to nature? Give some examples of how his connection with the Canyon changes throughout the book.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)