|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher get along with his friend during their time studying the Grand Canyon?
2. In contrast to people fresh from the city, how did Fletcher view the area near Phantom Ranch?
3. What animal does Fletcher say lived in significant numbers in the area past the head of Forester Canyon?
4. Where was Fletcher headed at the beginning of "Chapter 9, Man?"
5. On his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch, where did Fletcher spend a day doing reconnaissance?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Fletcher's re-entrance into civilization. What steps did he take to make sure he didn't go about it too quickly, and how did he react to society?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fletcher's experience when he spends four days gathering information with Doug Powell near the end of his journey. Include positive and negative elements. Include information about who Powell is and explain whether or not this experience would have been the same if they had the same meeting under different circumstances.
Essay Topic 3
Silence is a theme revisited repeatedly in The Man Who Walked Through Time. How does the author first introduce us to the idea of silence? How does he develop the theme? How does his perception of silence and his attitude toward it change throughout the book?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)