|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other changes was Fletcher concerned would occur if the Pacific Southwest Water Plan passed.
2. In contrast to people fresh from the city, how did Fletcher view the area near Phantom Ranch?
3. How many years did William Wallace Bass live in the Canyon?
4. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
5. What effect did the intrusions have on Fletcher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fletcher might have been impulsive in some ways, but he planned the necessary parts of his journey carefully. Give some examples of different ways he planned before his trip and describe how these preparations saved him from disaster during the journey.
Essay Topic 2
Describe different examples of how the Fletcher's experience living the simple life on other treks helps him survive and even thrive on the long journey through the Canyon.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two people who influenced Fletcher either before, during, or after his journey. Give detailed descriptions of who they were and how they became part of Fletcher's experience. Compare their lives and the ways they influenced Fletcher.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)