Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
2. What disease did Fletcher say plagued William Wallace Bass?
3. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Fletcher's re-entrance into civilization. What steps did he take to make sure he didn't go about it too quickly, and how did he react to society?
Essay Topic 2
Describe five different physical challenges that face Fletcher on his journey and how he overcomes them.
Essay Topic 3
Silence is a theme revisited repeatedly in The Man Who Walked Through Time. How does the author first introduce us to the idea of silence? How does he develop the theme? How does his perception of silence and his attitude toward it change throughout the book?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)