|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
2. According to Fletcher, what was the motivation behind the Pacific Southwest Water Plan engineers?
3. What did Fletcher spend most of his time describing and making observations about in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
4. Why did Fletcher sound strange when he spoke to Jim Bailey in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
5. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe five different physical challenges that face Fletcher on his journey and how he overcomes them.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 4, Fletcher details many mishaps, which he calls "stupidities." Discuss three of these giving details about the events, how Fletcher dealt with them, and the outcomes. Describe what Fletcher's reaction to these events says about his character.
Essay Topic 3
In the Epilogue, Fletcher approaches the subject of preserving the Grand Canyon and other natural wonders. Explain what danger faced the Grand Canyon at that time. Give details about who was proposing the plan, what they intended to do, and what Fletcher believed could happen to the Canyon if they were allowed to continue. Include Fletcher's viewpoint on the matter.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)