Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
2. What disease did Fletcher say plagued William Wallace Bass?
3. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
Describe in detail the transformation of how Fletcher perceives the Havasupai Indians from the time he first encounters them in their village to when he leaves. Include details about his theories on how the influence of civilized man changed them.
In the Epilogue, Fletcher quotes Joseph Wood Krutch as saying, "When a man despoils a work of art we call him a vandal, when he despoils a work of nature we call him a developer." Discuss what this comment means and why it gives the reader insight into Fletcher's viewpoint on nature versus urban development.
Describe five different physical challenges that face Fletcher on his journey and how he overcomes them.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)