|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
2. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass moved to the Grand Canyon area?
3. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
4. Where was Fletcher headed at the beginning of "Chapter 9, Man"?
5. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two dangers Fletcher faces during his journey. Explain how he prepared for such dangers. Give details about the dangers and events if any where they could have changed the outcome of the journey. Conclude your essay with how Fletcher avoided the dangers and what would have happened if he had acted differently.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Fletcher's admiration and disapproval of William Wallace Bass.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fletcher's experience when he spends four days gathering information with Doug Powell near the end of his journey. Include positive and negative elements. Include information about who Powell is and explain whether or not this experience would have been the same if they had the same meeting under different circumstances.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)