|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
2. On his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch, where did Fletcher spend a day doing reconnaissance?
3. What does Fletcher say his book could become if the Grand Canyon was not protected?
4. How long did Fletcher rest at Bass Trail?
5. According to Fletcher, what was the motivation behind the Pacific Southwest Water Plan engineers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Silence is a theme revisited repeatedly in The Man Who Walked Through Time. How does the author first introduce us to the idea of silence? How does he develop the theme? How does his perception of silence and his attitude toward it change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two dangers Fletcher faces during his journey. Explain how he prepared for such dangers. Give details about the dangers and events if any where they could have changed the outcome of the journey. Conclude your essay with how Fletcher avoided the dangers and what would have happened if he had acted differently.
Essay Topic 3
The title of this book is The Man Who Walked Through Time, yet it has nothing to do with time travel. Time, however used several different ways, is often used by the author throughout the book. Use examples from the book to explain why the author may have chosen this title.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)