|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
2. What disease did Fletcher say plagued William Wallace Bass?
3. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
Essay Topic 1
In a footnote, Fletcher briefly describes his life as a compulsive walker and gives a few details about another long journey he took in the past. In your own words, describe the lifestyle of a compulsive walker and give reasons why this lifestyle helped Fletcher have a successful journey through the Grand Canyon.
Essay Topic 2
Fletcher might have been impulsive in some ways, but he planned the necessary parts of his journey carefully. Give some examples of different ways he planned before his trip and describe how these preparations saved him from disaster during the journey.
Essay Topic 3
Compare different aspects of Fletcher's personality. Include specific details from the book.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)