|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
2. How did Fletcher say the US Bureau of Reclamation was handling the tunnel plan?
3. Why did Fletcher sound strange when he spoke to Jim Bailey in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
4. How did Fletcher feel about the Grand Canyon during his time at Phantom Ranch?
5. To what did Fletcher attribute the distance traveled from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two dangers Fletcher faces during his journey. Explain how he prepared for such dangers. Give details about the dangers and events if any where they could have changed the outcome of the journey. Conclude your essay with how Fletcher avoided the dangers and what would have happened if he had acted differently.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two encounters Fletcher has with the wildlife in the Canyon. Compare his observations and experiences.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fletcher's experience when he spends four days gathering information with Doug Powell near the end of his journey. Include positive and negative elements. Include information about who Powell is and explain whether or not this experience would have been the same if they had the same meeting under different circumstances.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)