|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures did Fletcher enjoy observing after passing the last barrier past Phantom Ranch?
2. What was the 2nd intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher describes in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
3. Where did Fletcher spend four days walking on his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
4. According to Fletcher's observations, how did people fresh from the city view the area near Phantom Ranch?
5. What creatures did Fletcher enjoy observing after passing the last barrier past Phantom Ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author develop the concept of becoming one with nature or connecting to nature? Give some examples of how his connection with the Canyon changes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
The title of this book is The Man Who Walked Through Time, yet it has nothing to do with time travel. Time, however used several different ways, is often used by the author throughout the book. Use examples from the book to explain why the author may have chosen this title.
Essay Topic 3
Describe different examples of how the Fletcher's experience living the simple life on other treks helps him survive and even thrive on the long journey through the Canyon.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)