|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place did Fletcher pass on his way to Phantom Ranch that he said was derelict and dry-rotting?
2. In contrast to people fresh from the city, how did Fletcher view the area near Phantom Ranch?
3. On his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch, where did Fletcher spend a day doing reconnaissance?
4. What creatures did Fletcher enjoy observing after passing the last barrier past Phantom Ranch?
5. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author develop the concept of becoming one with nature or connecting to nature? Give some examples of how his connection with the Canyon changes throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
The title of this book is The Man Who Walked Through Time, yet it has nothing to do with time travel. Time, however used several different ways, is often used by the author throughout the book. Use examples from the book to explain why the author may have chosen this title.
Essay Topic 3
Give five examples of imagery Fletcher uses in the book. Include details and reasons why imagery is such an important component of the book.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)