|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher say the US Bureau of Reclamation was handling the tunnel plan?
2. In contrast to people fresh from the city, how did Fletcher view the area near Phantom Ranch?
3. According to Fletcher's observations, how did people fresh from the city view the area near Phantom Ranch?
4. How long did Fletcher rest at Bass Trail?
5. What does Fletcher mainly address in "Part 4, Epilogue?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two people who influenced Fletcher either before, during, or after his journey. Give detailed descriptions of who they were and how they became part of Fletcher's experience. Compare their lives and the ways they influenced Fletcher.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fletcher's re-entrance into civilization. What steps did he take to make sure he didn't go about it too quickly, and how did he react to society?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the transformation of how Fletcher perceives the Havasupai Indians from the time he first encounters them in their village to when he leaves. Include details about his theories on how the influence of civilized man changed them.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)