|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were William Wallace Bass's ashes scattered?
(a) Into the air from the Rim.
(b) Into the Colorado River.
(c) Along the trail to Bass Camp.
(d) A butte called Holy Grail Temple.
2. What was the first intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher outlines in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A baseball.
(b) Helicopter tracks.
(c) A group of hikers.
(d) Music from a camper's transistor radio.
3. How did Fletcher say the US Bureau of Reclamation was handling the tunnel plan?
(a) They were making a big deal of it.
(b) They were rejecting it publicly.
(c) They were completely ignoring it.
(d) They were soft-peddling it.
4. What was one activity Fletcher thought might have accounted for a feeling of disconnection during his stay at Phantom Ranch?
(a) Paying Bills.
5. What place did Fletcher pass on his way to Phantom Ranch that he said was derelict and dry-rotting?
(a) Jim Baily's house.
(b) A dam.
(c) The Hermit Camp.
(d) A Supai Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
2. What was Fletcher afraid would be the most tragic loss for the Grand Canyon if the proposed water plan went through?
3. According to Fletcher's observations, how did people fresh from the city view the area near Phantom Ranch?
4. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
5. In "Chapter 9, Man," Fletcher planned to spend several days with a friend researching the Canyon. Who was this friend?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)