|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
(a) He was disappointed that he could not stay another week.
(b) He wanted to stay and build a dude ranch.
(c) He was ready to be up and out.
(d) He was so sad, he cried.
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
(a) The world.
(c) A swarm of bees.
(d) A bear.
3. What was the first intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher outlines in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A baseball.
(b) Helicopter tracks.
(c) Music from a camper's transistor radio.
(d) A group of hikers.
4. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
(b) A note from Doug Powell.
(c) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
(d) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
5. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
(a) Phantom Ranch.
(b) The Great Unconformity.
(c) Seeing a little boy playing in the dirt.
(d) Becoming ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
2. In contrast to people fresh from the city, how did Fletcher view the area near Phantom Ranch?
3. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
4. What was the first intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher outlines in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
5. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)