|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fletcher feel about the Grand Canyon during his time at Phantom Ranch?
(a) He was tired of the Canyon and was ready for the journey to end.
(b) He was angry at the Canyon for costing him his health.
(c) He wanted to build a home in the Canyon.
(d) He sensed a barrier between himself and the Canyon even though he tried to enjoy the rocks and other things as he did during his journey.
2. In what ancient living quarters did Fletcher sleep in "Chapter 9, Man?"
(a) An adobe hut on beside the Colorado River.
(b) A natural cave.
(c) An ancient oak.
(d) Cliff dwellings.
3. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Canyon would be flooded to make a huge reservoir.
(b) It would have no real effect.
(c) The Colorado River could disappear and wildlife could die.
(d) The walls of the Grand Canyon would crumble.
4. What was Fletcher reminded of while listening to noises some creatures were making?
(a) A favorite song that makes him long for home.
(b) Similar noises he heard while on a thousand mile trip through deserts and mountains in California.
(c) His family back home.
(d) A ghost story he liked to tell.
5. What does Fletcher mainly address in "Part 4, Epilogue?"
(a) Fletcher's writings after his journey through the Grand Canyon.
(b) The need for a progressive tourism industry in the Grand Canyon.
(c) Environmental concerns for the Grand Canyon.
(d) Fletcher's day-to-day routines outside the Grand Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other changes was Fletcher concerned would occur if the Pacific Southwest Water Plan passed.
2. According to Fletcher's observations, how did people fresh from the city view the area near Phantom Ranch?
3. What did Fletcher say would be different about how he would fit into society after his experience in the Grand Canyon?
4. What did Jim Bailey and the Park naturalist carry with them back over the Rim after speaking with Fletcher in the limestone cave?
5. What did Fletcher say would be different about how he will fit into society?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)