|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher outlines in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A group of hikers.
(b) Helicopter tracks.
(c) Music from a camper's transistor radio.
(d) A baseball.
2. About what specific skill did Fletcher compliment William Wallace Bass?
(a) His prospecting skills.
(b) His construction ability.
(c) His congeniality.
(d) His ability to garden in the desert climate.
3. What other changes was Fletcher concerned would occur if the Pacific Southwest Water Plan passed.
(a) The Grand Canyon would be used as a landfill.
(b) Fletcher's book wouldn't sell because no one would want to visit the Grand Canyon anymore.
(c) The tourist industry at the Grand Canyon would die, taking money with it.
(d) Graffiti and pollution would spoil the surfaces of the cliff dwellings.
4. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
(a) Phantom Ranch.
(b) The Great Unconformity.
(c) Becoming ill.
(d) Seeing a little boy playing in the dirt.
5. Where were William Wallace Bass's ashes scattered?
(a) Into the air from the Rim.
(b) Into the Colorado River.
(c) Along the trail to Bass Camp.
(d) A butte called Holy Grail Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
2. What was one activity Fletcher thought might have accounted for a feeling of disconnection during his stay at Phantom Ranch?
3. What does Fletcher mainly address in "Part 4, Epilogue?"
4. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
5. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)