|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the 3rd intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher describes in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) Jim Bailey landing a plane on an airstrip.
(b) A family putting in a boat at the shore of the Colorado River.
(c) A stone cairn containing a rusty can.
(d) A skywriter writing a marriage proposal in the sky.
2. What creatures did Fletcher enjoy observing after passing the last barrier past Phantom Ranch?
3. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
(a) A bear.
(b) A swarm of bees.
(d) The world.
4. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
(a) He failed to make enough money as a prospector and needed an income.
(b) He won the property in a poker game and decided to turn it into a business.
(c) He had always wanted to own a tourist attraction.
(d) He wanted to run the other ranch out of business.
5. While at Phantom Ranch, what did Fletcher miss and want back that earlier in his journey made him uncomfortable?
(a) His heavy backpack.
(b) Beef Jerky.
(d) His hiking boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action by William Wallace Bass did Fletcher disagree with?
2. How did Fletcher know the Milottes?
3. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
4. How did Fletcher get along with his friend during their time studying the Grand Canyon?
5. Where were William Wallace Bass's ashes scattered?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)