|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
(a) He had always wanted to own a tourist attraction.
(b) He wanted to run the other ranch out of business.
(c) He won the property in a poker game and decided to turn it into a business.
(d) He failed to make enough money as a prospector and needed an income.
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
(a) A bear.
(b) A swarm of bees.
(c) The world.
3. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A note from Doug Powell.
(b) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
(c) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
(d) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
4. What part of the Grand Canyon does Fletcher describe as "a large gap in time between two layers of rocks?"
(a) The Arizona Anomaly.
(b) The Great Divide.
(c) The Angel Pass.
(d) The Great Unconformity.
5. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
(a) In a cave by the river.
(b) Studying the museum of the Grand Canyon.
(c) In the Supai village.
(d) At Bass Camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 6, Rock" what was one of the things Fletcher noticed and described that was in the cave where his first cache was stored?
3. What was one activity Fletcher thought might have accounted for a feeling of disconnection during his stay at Phantom Ranch?
4. According to Fletcher, what was the motivation behind the Pacific Southwest Water Plan engineers?
5. What place did Fletcher pass on his way to Phantom Ranch that he said was derelict and dry-rotting?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)