|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
(a) He would be out of food in one day.
(b) He had misjudged his distance from the airdrop and would have to walk through the night to make it on time.
(c) He was no longer in awe of the Canyon, instead he expresses a discovery of unity among plants and creatures and all other things.
(d) He would like to write a book about wildlife in the Canyon.
2. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) He said he dreaded sleeping in a house again.
(b) He said he would miss the beavers.
(c) He said for a while other places would look dull.
(d) He said he would probably never visit the Grand Canyon again.
3. What did Fletcher spend most of his time describing and making observations about in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
(a) The weather during his journey.
(b) The sunsets in the Grand Canyon.
(c) The rocks of the Grand Canyon.
(d) His sore feet.
4. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
(b) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
(c) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
(d) A note from Doug Powell.
5. What effect did the intrusions have on Fletcher?
(a) They made him want to turn around and return to the interior of the Canyon.
(b) He realized they had ruined his search for the gallery marked "Man."
(c) They made him angry at civilization.
(d) They made him miss his loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what specific skill did Fletcher compliment William Wallace Bass?
2. What does Fletcher mainly address in "Part 4, Epilogue?"
3. What was the first intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher outlines in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
4. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
5. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)