|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one activity Fletcher thought might have accounted for a feeling of disconnection during his stay at Phantom Ranch?
(a) Paying bills.
2. According to Fletcher, what was the motivation behind the Pacific Southwest Water Plan engineers?
(a) They wanted to divert water from the Grand Canyon so it would stop changing and remain beautiful forever.
(b) They were concerned for wildlife that was dying because of a drought.
(c) They wanted to divert tourism away from the Grand Canyon to preserve it.
(d) They wanted the challenge and were trying to save their jobs.
3. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
(a) The Great Unconformity.
(b) Seeing a little boy playing in the dirt.
(c) Becoming ill.
(d) Phantom Ranch.
4. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
(a) In the Supai village.
(b) In a cave by the river.
(c) Studying the museum of the Grand Canyon.
(d) At Bass Camp.
5. What was the first intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher outlines in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A group of hikers.
(b) Music from a camper's transistor radio.
(c) Helicopter tracks.
(d) A baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fletcher describe the last barrier he passed after leaving Phantom Ranch as he made his way toward his next air drop?
2. How many years did William Wallace Bass live in the Canyon?
3. What did Fletcher say would be different about how he will fit into society?
4. What creatures did Fletcher enjoy observing after passing the last barrier past Phantom Ranch?
5. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)