|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what specific skill did Fletcher compliment William Wallace Bass?
(a) His construction ability.
(b) His congeniality.
(c) His prospecting skills.
(d) His ability to garden in the desert climate.
2. Who were Al and Elma Milotte?
(a) Famous explorers.
(b) Jazz musicians.
(c) A famous Hollywood couple.
(d) A famous Walt Disney nature photography team.
3. What realization did Fletcher reach as he spent time observing wildlife on the sand bar?
(a) He would like to write a book about wildlife in the Canyon.
(b) He would be out of food in one day.
(c) He had misjudged his distance from the airdrop and would have to walk through the night to make it on time.
(d) He was no longer in awe of the Canyon, instead he expresses a discovery of unity among plants and creatures and all other things.
4. How did Fletcher know the Milottes?
(a) He met them while he lived in Kenya.
(b) He met them while he lived in Kenya.
(c) They were related to his wife.
(d) They helped him prepare for his trip across California.
5. Where were William Wallace Bass's ashes scattered?
(a) A butte called Holy Grail Temple.
(b) Into the Colorado River.
(c) Along the trail to Bass Camp.
(d) Into the air from the Rim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one activity Fletcher thought might have accounted for a feeling of disconnection during his stay at Phantom Ranch?
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 6, Rock" what was one of the things Fletcher noticed and described that was in the cave where his first cache was stored?
3. How long did Fletcher rest at Bass Trail?
4. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
5. How many feet above the Colorado River was the Tonto Platform?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)