|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Fletcher afraid would be the most tragic loss for the Grand Canyon if the proposed water plan went through?
(a) Boss Camp.
(b) The silence.
(c) The Havasupai Village.
(d) The mules.
2. In contrast to people fresh from the city, how did Fletcher view the area near Phantom Ranch?
(a) As a dirty and run-down slum.
(b) As a scientific research center.
(c) As an animal sanctuary.
(d) As civilization, padded with comforts such as fresh food, electricity, and swimming pools.
3. What did Fletcher say would be different about how he will fit into society?
(a) He thought he would be a better citizen because of his new insights.
(b) He was afraid he would not fit in well after spending so much time alone.
(c) He planned to camp outside the Canyon protesting tourists.
(d) He planned to live as a hermit.
4. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
(a) He was disappointed that he could not stay another week.
(b) He was so sad, he cried.
(c) He wanted to stay and build a dude ranch.
(d) He was ready to be up and out.
5. Why did Fletcher sound strange when he spoke to Jim Bailey in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
(a) Fletcher was excited, so his words come out in a squeak.
(b) Fletcher had not spoken to anyone in two weeks.
(c) Fletcher's mouth was terribly dry because was out of water.
(d) Fletcher had develped a cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fletcher mainly address in "Part 4, Epilogue?"
2. How did Fletcher know the Milottes?
3. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
4. About what specific skill did Fletcher compliment William Wallace Bass?
5. In "Chapter 7, Rhythm," how does Fletcher describe the change in how he connected to the Canyon?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)