|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fletcher, what physical effects could the Pacific Southwest Water Plan have had on the Grand Canyon?
(a) It would have no real effect.
(b) The Colorado River could disappear and wildlife could die.
(c) The Canyon would be flooded to make a huge reservoir.
(d) The walls of the Grand Canyon would crumble.
2. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) He said he would miss the beavers.
(b) He said he dreaded sleeping in a house again.
(c) He said he would probably never visit the Grand Canyon again.
(d) He said for a while other places would look dull.
3. To what did Fletcher attribute the distance traveled from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
(a) Excellent maps.
(b) His physical ability.
(c) A sturdy mule.
(d) A competent guide.
4. What was Fletcher afraid would be the most tragic loss for the Grand Canyon if the proposed water plan went through?
(a) The silence.
(b) Boss Camp.
(c) The Havasupai Village.
(d) The mules.
5. What did Fletcher claim he began to hear as he traveled?
(b) A ringing in his ears.
(c) The rhythm of the rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one activity Fletcher thought might have accounted for a feeling of disconnection during his stay at Phantom Ranch?
2. What other changes was Fletcher concerned would occur if the Pacific Southwest Water Plan passed?
3. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
4. What does Fletcher mainly address in "Part 4, Epilogue?"
5. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)