|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Fletcher spend four days walking on his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
(a) Over the Ranger Plateau.
(b) Along the Tonto Platform.
(c) Across the Middle Canyon.
(d) Along the Colorado River.
2. What effect did the intrusions have on Fletcher?
(a) They made him angry at civilization.
(b) They made him miss his loved ones.
(c) They made him want to turn around and return to the interior of the Canyon.
(d) He realized they had ruined his search for the gallery marked "Man."
3. What does Fletcher mainly address in "Part 4, Epilogue?"
(a) The need for a progressive tourism industry in the Grand Canyon.
(b) Fletcher's writings after his journey through the Grand Canyon.
(c) Fletcher's day-to-day routines outside the Grand Canyon.
(d) Environmental concerns for the Grand Canyon.
4. What was Fletcher reminded of while listening to noises some creatures were making?
(a) Similar noises he heard while on a thousand mile trip through deserts and mountains in California.
(b) His family back home.
(c) A favorite song that makes him long for home.
(d) A ghost story he liked to tell.
5. How did Fletcher feel about the meeting he attended in "Part 4, Epilogue"?
(a) He was uplifted.
(b) He was hopeful.
(c) He was horrified.
(d) He was excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first intrusion from the outside world that Fletcher outlines in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
2. How did Fletcher feel about the meeting he attended in "Part 4, Epiogue?"
3. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
4. Why did Fletcher sound strange when he spoke to Jim Bailey in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
5. What place did Fletcher pass on his way to Phantom Ranch that he said was derelict and dry-rotting?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)