|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
(b) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
(c) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
(d) A note from Doug Powell.
2. In "Chapter 9, Man," Fletcher planned to spend several days with a friend researching the Canyon. Who was this friend?
(a) Dr. Harvey Butchart.
(b) John Wesley Powell.
(c) Jim Bailey.
(d) Doug Powell.
3. Where did Fletcher spend four days walking on his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
(a) Over the Ranger Plateau.
(b) Along the Colorado River.
(c) Across the Middle Canyon.
(d) Along the Tonto Platform.
4. What place did Fletcher pass on his way to Phantom Ranch that he said was derelict and dry-rotting?
(a) The Hermit Camp.
(b) A Supai Village.
(c) A dam.
(d) Jim Baily's house.
5. About what specific skill did Fletcher compliment William Wallace Bass?
(a) His congeniality.
(b) His construction ability.
(c) His ability to garden in the desert climate.
(d) His prospecting skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fletcher feel about the meeting he attended in "Part 4, Epiogue?"
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
3. How many years did William Wallace Bass live in the Canyon?
4. Why did Fletcher sound strange when he spoke to Jim Bailey in "Chapter 6, Rock?"
5. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)