Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Fletcher headed at the beginning of "Chapter 9, Man"?
(a) Across the river.
(b) To the air drop site.
(c) Into a deep valley.
(d) Back to Phantom Ranch.
2. As Fletcher approached Phantom Ranch, what did he begin to notice?
(a) There were many coyotes howling in the distance.
(b) Many new species of cacti.
(c) His shoes had holes in them.
(d) Signs of man.
3. How does Fletcher describe the last barrier he passed after leaving Phantom Ranch as he made his way toward his next air drop?
(a) A deep ravine that drops off into another canyon.
(b) An area with a high population of mountain lions.
(c) A rapid flowing portion of the river with sharp rocks and no bridge.
(d) A cliff with "snaggle-toothed projections" on its face.
4. What was one activity Fletcher thought might have accounted for a feeling of disconnection during his stay at Phantom Ranch?
(b) Paying bills.
5. What types of activities did Fletcher describe in "Chapter 7, Rhythm?"
(a) Daily activities such as chores, fishing, and days of rest.
(b) Research activities such as charting, sampling and tagging.
(c) Survival techniques such as bear hunting, teepee building, and first aid.
(d) Indian activities such as carving arrowheads, making pottery, and sewing moccasins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fletcher spend four days walking on his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
3. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
4. Why does Fletcher say William Wallace Bass opened a tourists' ranch?
5. On his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch, where did Fletcher spend a day doing reconnaissance?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)