|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
(b) A note from Doug Powell.
(c) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
(d) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
2. Where did Fletcher spend four days walking on his journey from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
(a) Along the Tonto Platform.
(b) Over the Ranger Plateau.
(c) Across the Middle Canyon.
(d) Along the Colorado River.
3. What place did Fletcher pass on his way to Phantom Ranch that he said was derelict and dry-rotting?
(a) Jim Baily's house.
(b) A Supai Village.
(c) A dam.
(d) The Hermit Camp.
4. How many feet above the Colorado River was the Tonto Platform?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 1000 feet.
5. How did Fletcher feel about leaving the Canyon in "Chapter 10 Exit?"
(a) He was ready to be up and out..
(b) He was so sad, he cried.
(c) He was disappointed that he could not stay another week.
(d) He wanted to stay and build a dude ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fletcher reminded of while listening to noises some creatures were making?
2. What did Jim Bailey and the Park naturalist carry with them back over the Rim after speaking with Fletcher in the limestone cave?
3. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
4. Where was Fletcher headed at the beginning of "Chapter 9, Man?"
5. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)