|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what specific skill did Fletcher compliment William Wallace Bass?
(a) His congeniality.
(b) His construction ability.
(c) His prospecting skills.
(d) His ability to garden in the desert climate.
2. At the beginning of "Chapter 8, Life" what did Fletcher say he should have known "would drag me back into the present?"
(a) The Great Unconformity.
(b) Phantom Ranch.
(c) Becoming ill.
(d) Seeing a little boy playing in the dirt.
3. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
(a) At Bass Camp.
(b) Studying the museum of the Grand Canyon.
(c) In a cave by the river.
(d) In the Supai village.
4. How long did Fletcher rest at Bass Trail?
(a) Two days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) One month.
(d) Five days.
5. What creatures did Fletcher enjoy observing after passing the last barrier past Phantom Ranch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
2. How long did it take Fletcher to travel from Bass Trail to Phantom Ranch?
3. In "Chapter 7, Rhythm," how does Fletcher describe the change in how he connected to the Canyon?
4. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
5. Where was Fletcher headed at the beginning of "Chapter 9, Man"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)