|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Part II, The Dream" describe?
(a) Fletcher's pans to study the Grand Canyon and travel it alone.
(b) A childhood dream of Fletcher's in which he visited an American Indian village.
(c) Fletcher's dream to become a famous explorer.
(d) A nightmare Fletcher had in which he fell from a high cliff.
2. Part 1 is called "The Place." What is the place?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(b) The Painted Desert.
(c) Forester Canyon.
3. What substance comprises the fourth layer of the Grand Canyon?
(c) Redwall Limestone.
4. What cheerful tribal tourist manager did Fletcher meet in "Chapter 3, Interlude?"
(a) Colin Fletcher.
(b) John Wesley Powell.
(c) Lorenzo Sinyala.
(d) Neil Ukwalla.
5. Approximately how thick is the fifth layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 200 feet.
(c) 500 feet.
(d) 1000 feet.
6. What material makes up the seventh layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) Tapeats sandstone.
7. How many layers of the Grand Canyon are shown in the schematic in "Part 3, The Journey?"
8. What is considered the top layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Inner Gorge.
(b) The Tonto Platform.
(c) The top of the Rim.
(d) The Erosion Surface.
9. About how long did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
10. What river still runs at the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Rio Grande.
(d) The Gila River.
11. What was Fletcher's reaction upon his first trip to the Rim?
(a) Shock at the majesty of what he saw.
(b) Anger at his friend for bringing him.
(c) Laughter at all the funny people there.
(d) Disgust at the destruction around him.
12. What does Fletcher say he knew as soon as he saw the Grand Canyon?
(a) The way he saw things would change.
(b) This place would make him famous.
(c) He would soon be hangliding over the Canyon.
(d) His fear of heights was coming back.
13. Where did Fletcher arrive in "Chapter 4, Challenge" that was such a relief to him?
(a) The Esplanade.
(b) The Supai village.
(c) Hualpai Hilltop.
(d) The Rim.
14. Approximately how thick is the third layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 200 feet.
(c) 1000 feet.
(d) 750 feet.
15. What is the name of the government agency established to protect the rights of Native Americans?
(a) Native American Administration.
(b) Commission of Indian Rights.
(c) Native American Commission.
(d) Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current age estimate of the seventh layer of the Grand Canyon?
2. What material makes up the first and youngest layer of the Grand Canyon?
3. What are layers 4 through 6 of the Grand Canyon called?
4. What did Fletcher pass and nearly miss altogether in "Chapter 4, Challenge?"
5. Who is the "The Man" in The Man Who Walked Through Time?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)