|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "Chapter 10, Exit," what does Fletcher say caught up with him while he was washing in the Nankoweap Creek?
(a) A bear.
(b) A swarm of bees.
(d) The world.
2. How did Fletcher know the Milottes?
(a) He met them while he lived in Kenya.
(b) They were related to his wife.
(c) He met them while he lived in Kenya.
(d) They helped him prepare for his trip across California.
3. How did Fletcher say the US Bureau of Reclamation was handling the tunnel plan?
(a) They were soft-peddling it.
(b) They were rejecting it publicly.
(c) They were making a big deal of it.
(d) They were completely ignoring it.
4. How long after he saw the Grand Canyon for the first time did Fletcher begin his trip?
(a) About a year.
(b) About 6 months.
(c) Almost 2 months.
(d) Exactly 2 years.
5. When Fletcher's idea was first fully formed, what doubts bugged him?
(a) How he would ask his boss for time off.
(b) How he would stay away from home so long.
(c) No real doubts.
(d) What he would do about his diabetes while he was on his journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fletcher describe the state of the Grand Canyon at the time the book was written?
2. What is the current age estimate of the third layer of the Grand Canyon?
3. What is another name for the Erosion Surface?
4. While at Phantom Ranch, what did Fletcher miss and want back that earlier in his journey made him uncomfortable?
5. How long did it take to for the Grand Canyon to form?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)