|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What urge came to Fletcher's mind as he witnessed the different sights at the Rim?
(a) To leave and never come back.
(b) To climb the mountain.
(c) To swim across the river.
(d) To hike the canyon.
2. What does Fletcher say his book could become if the Grand Canyon was not protected?
(a) A non-fiction travel best-seller.
(b) A kind of requiem on the Grand Canyon.
(c) A bargain book.
(d) A tourist guide.
3. What was one sad reflection Fletcher recorded in his notebook in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) He said he would miss the beavers.
(b) He said for a while other places would look dull.
(c) He said he dreaded sleeping in a house again.
(d) He said he would probably never visit the Grand Canyon again.
4. What was on the sheets of paper Fletcher found in "Chapter 10, Exit?"
(a) A daily bulletin from 1947 about a Colorado River expedition.
(b) Instructions from Jim Bailey.
(c) Instructions for exiting the Grand Canyon safely.
(d) A note from Doug Powell.
5. What is considered the top layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) The top of the Rim.
(b) The Inner Gorge.
(c) The Erosion Surface.
(d) The Tonto Platform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fletcher say was a sacrilege when it interrupted the silence of the Grand Canyon?
2. Why did Fletcher decide to see the Grand Canyon the first time?
3. According to Fletcher, what was the motivation behind the Pacific Southwest Water Plan engineers?
4. What did Fletcher attend a few weeks after the end of his journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What other changes was Fletcher concerned would occur if the Pacific Southwest Water Plan passed.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)