|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Fletcher credit with giving him the most knowledge of the Grand Canyon?
(a) John Wesley Powell.
(b) The park ranger at the tourist office.
(c) Neil Ukwalla.
(d) Dr. Harvey Butchart.
2. What type of graphic is found at the beginning of "Part 3, The Journey?"
(a) A chart of vegetation found in the Grand Canyon.
(b) A map showing a simplified profile of the geology of the Grand Canyon.
(c) A chart of wild life in the desert.
(d) A bar graph showing the change in tourism at the Grand Canyon.
3. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the last two weeks of his journey?
(a) At Bass Camp.
(b) In the Supai village.
(c) Studying the museum of the Grand Canyon.
(d) In a cave by the river.
4. When did Fletcher's journey through the Grand Canyon begin?
(a) At sunset in mid-April.
(b) At noon in early October.
(c) At dusk in early February.
(d) At daybreak in mid-June.
5. Where did Fletcher decide to spend the first week of his journey?
(a) A tourist area outside the Supai Village.
(b) On the banks of the Colorado River.
(c) An abandoned cabin.
(d) A cave shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lifestyle does Fletcher describe in a footnote in "Part 2, The Dream?"
2. What material makes up the first and youngest layer of the Grand Canyon?
3. What material makes up the second layer of the Grand Canyon?
4. How did Fletcher get along with his friend during their time studying the Grand Canyon?
5. How long did Fletcher rest at Bass Trail?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)