|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chapter 2, Reconnaissance," what does Fletcher say he realized during his trip?
(a) This would be the last trip he was physically able to make.
(b) He would be financially ruined when he returned home.
(c) He had a desire to become an archeologist.
(d) The insignificance of man in comparison to the Grand Canyon and nature.
2. What part of nature is not described in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) The beauty of the Grand Canyon.
(b) Various rocks.
(c) The immenseness and timelessness of the Rim.
(d) The peace of the ocean.
3. What were two things Fletcher mentions could have made parts of his path impassable?
(a) The desert and rattlesnake nests.
(b) Wolves and bears.
(c) The Native American population and the mountain.
(d) The Colorado River and the hanging terraces.
4. Where was Lorenzo Sinyala born?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Flagstaff, Arizona.
(c) A Supai village.
(d) San Antonio, Texas.
5. What was one of the first things Fletcher noticed as he began his journey?
(a) The moonlight reflecting on the rocks.
(b) The sound of crickets and frogs.
(c) The vast silence and emptiness of the canyon.
(d) The darkness of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the approximate depth of the Grand Canyon at the time the book was written?
2. What was Fletcher's reaction upon his first trip to the Rim?
3. Approximately how thick is the fifth layer of the Grand Canyon?
4. What advice did Lorenzo Sinyala offer to Fletcher?
5. What did Fletcher say he saw even before he came close to the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)