|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Fletcher plan for his journey to take?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 months.
2. What is considered the top layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Inner Gorge.
(b) The top of the Rim.
(c) The Erosion Surface.
(d) The Tonto Platform.
3. What river still runs at the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Gila River.
(c) The Rio Grande.
(d) The Mississippi River.
4. With what event does "Chapter 5, Transition" begin?
(a) Fletcher falling into a ravine.
(b) Fletcher running out of water.
(c) A Cessna flying away.
(d) Wolves attacking the camp.
5. How long after he saw the Grand Canyon for the first time did Fletcher begin his trip?
(a) About a year.
(b) About 6 months.
(c) Almost 2 months.
(d) Exactly 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lorenzo Sinyala born?
2. What material makes up the seventh layer of the Grand Canyon?
3. What kind of condition was Fletcher in at the beginning of his trip?
4. What is the area directly above the seventh layer of the Grand Canyon called?
5. What is the current age estimate of the second layer of the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)