|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some things Fletcher describes in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) His friend's clothes and car.
(b) The deer and chipmunks on the Rim.
(c) The tourists and park personnel.
(d) The beauty of the rocks and colors of the Grand Canyon.
2. What lifestyle does Fletcher describe in a footnote in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) A compulsive walker.
(b) An accomplished musician.
(c) A famous millionaire.
(d) A compulsive gambler.
3. What advice did Lorenzo Sinyala offer to Fletcher?
(a) Sound advice about marriage.
(b) Sound advice about escaping a bear attack.
(c) Sound advice about walking long distances.
(d) Sound advice regarding the downward trail and the Supai village.
4. Where was Lorenzo Sinyala born?
(a) San Antonio, Texas.
(b) Flagstaff, Arizona.
(c) A Supai village.
(d) San Diego, California.
5. How did Fletcher redefine the path of his trip?
(a) From "through the Canyon" to "around the Rim."
(b) From "through the Canyon" to "to the Canyon floor and back."
(c) From "around the Rim" to "along the Colorado River."
(d) From "one end of the Grand Canyon to the other" to "one end of the Grand Canyon National Park to the other."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fletcher say he realized he might be doing when he hiked through the Grand Canyon?
2. Who is the "The Man" in The Man Who Walked Through Time?
3. What substance comprises the fourth layer of the Grand Canyon?
4. What are layers 4 through 6 of the Grand Canyon called?
5. According to the Fletcher, how did the changes in the earth that formed the Grand Canyon happen?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)