|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how long did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
2. How does Fletcher describe the Grand Canyon?
(a) "An upside-down mountain wonder."
(b) "A chasm . . . like a gigantic and impossible desert crevasse."
(c) "Huge stacks of multicolored rock."
(d) "A gigantic hole in the desert plateau."
3. The Grand Canyon is found in the northern part of what state?
(c) New Mexico.
4. What material makes up the first and youngest layer of the Grand Canyon?
(a) Volcanic ash.
5. Why did Fletcher decide to see the Grand Canyon the first time?
(a) He felt it was an important thing for a tourist in the area to see.
(b) He wanted to paint a picture of it.
(c) He didn't decide. It was a surprise trip from his girlfriend.
(d) He took a dare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fletcher pass and nearly miss altogether in "Chapter 4, Challenge?"
2. What did the Fletcher have to change in "Chapter 2, Reconnaissance?"
3. Approximately how thick is the first layer of the Grand Canyon?
4. Who does Fletcher credit with making the first trip through the Grand Canyon?
5. What substance comprises the fourth layer of the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)