|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what event does "Chapter 5, Transition" begin?
(a) Wolves attacking the camp.
(b) A Cessna flying away.
(c) Fletcher falling into a ravine.
(d) Fletcher running out of water.
2. Who is the "The Man" in The Man Who Walked Through Time?
(a) John Wesley Powell.
(b) Colin Fletcher.
(c) Lorenzo Sinyala.
(d) William Wallace Bass.
3. Whom does Fletcher describe at the beginning of "Chapter 3, Interlude?"
(a) The Havasupai Indians.
(b) The park rangers.
(c) The tourists.
(d) His family.
4. In "Chapter 2, Reconnaissance," what does Fletcher say he realized during his trip?
(a) He had a desire to become an archeologist.
(b) This would be the last trip he was physically able to make.
(c) He would be financially ruined when he returned home.
(d) The insignificance of man in comparison to the Grand Canyon and nature.
5. When Fletcher's idea was first fully formed, what doubts bugged him?
(a) What he would do about his diabetes while he was on his journey.
(b) No real doubts.
(c) How he would stay away from home so long.
(d) How he would ask his boss for time off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many layers are included in the Rim?
2. What did Fletcher find difficult, if not impossible, to mentally grasp and understand in "Chapter 1, Entrance?"
3. What were some of the plans for his trip that Fletcher details in "Part 2, The Dream?"
4. What was one of the first things Fletcher noticed as he began his journey?
5. How long did it take to for the Grand Canyon to form?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)