|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Fletcher plan for his journey to take?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. What event sparked a desire for Fletcher to study the Grand Canyon and make a journey through it alone?
(a) The death of a close friend.
(b) A visit from and American Indian in a dream.
(c) An impromptu side trip made to the Grand Canyon during a cross country journey with a friend.
(d) A television special highlighting the place.
3. How long after he saw the Grand Canyon for the first time did Fletcher begin his trip?
(a) About 6 months.
(b) About a year.
(c) Almost 2 months.
(d) Exactly 2 years.
4. What did Fletcher pass and nearly miss altogether in "Chapter 4, Challenge?"
(a) The only fresh water for miles.
(b) The trail through the ravine.
(c) The first air drop of supplies.
(d) The gap in the pass.
5. What are some things Fletcher describes in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) The beauty of the rocks and colors of the Grand Canyon.
(b) The deer and chipmunks on the Rim.
(c) His friend's clothes and car.
(d) The tourists and park personnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered the top layer of the Grand Canyon?
2. Fletcher says while studying the Grand Canyon he realized the silence there was not a timeless one as he first thought. How does he define it instead?
3. What questions does Fletcher say he hoped he would find some solutions for as he traveled the Grand Canyon?
4. What information was not sought by Fletcher before beginning his trip?
5. How does Fletcher describe the state of the Grand Canyon at the time the book was written?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)