|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information was not sought by Fletcher before beginning his trip?
(a) Information about the possibility of attacks by wild boar.
(b) Information about the existence of water sources.
(c) Information about trails.
(d) Information about weather.
2. What kind of condition was Fletcher in at the beginning of his trip?
(a) Suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
(b) Great physical condition.
(c) Diabetic but with great stamina.
(d) Just recovering from influenza.
3. Where did Fletcher go to ask questions about the area in which he would be traveling?
(a) The Desert Travel Information Center.
(b) The Arizona State Park Building.
(c) The Forestry Service Office.
(d) The Grand Canyon National Park Office.
4. What did geologists say disrupted the Colorado River's flow and lead to the formation of the Grand Canyon?
(a) An upheaval of earth.
(b) A comet.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A land slide.
5. What urge came to Fletcher's mind as he witnessed the different sights at the Rim?
(a) To climb the mountain.
(b) To hike the canyon.
(c) To leave and never come back.
(d) To swim across the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "The Man" in The Man Who Walked Through Time?
2. Why did Fletcher decide to see the Grand Canyon the first time?
3. Why did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village for a while just before beginning his trip?
4. How did Fletcher redefine the path of his trip?
5. What event sparked a desire for Fletcher to study the Grand Canyon and make a journey through it alone?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)