|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of nature is not described in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) The beauty of the Grand Canyon.
(b) The peace of the ocean.
(c) The immenseness and timelessness of the Rim.
(d) Various rocks.
2. What urge came to Fletcher's mind as he witnessed the different sights at the Rim?
(a) To hike the canyon.
(b) To leave and never come back.
(c) To climb the mountain.
(d) To swim across the river.
3. What river still runs at the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Gila River.
(c) The Rio Grande.
(d) The Mississippi River.
4. About how long did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
5. How does Fletcher describe the state of the Grand Canyon at the time the book was written?
(a) A dying canyon.
(b) Finished changing.
(c) Still changing.
(d) Nearing destruction in a few years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information was not sought by Fletcher before beginning his trip?
2. What kind of condition was Fletcher in at the beginning of his trip?
3. Why does Fletcher say it might have been good that he didn't start his journey right after he decided to take it?
4. How did Fletcher say the big moment happened when he knew he would take the journey through the Grand Canyon?
5. What event sparked a desire for Fletcher to study the Grand Canyon and make a journey through it alone?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)