|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village for a while just before beginning his trip?
(a) His heel was infected.
(b) He liked the view.
(c) He was trying to raise money.
(d) He was waiting for his friend.
2. What does Fletcher say was a sacrilege when it interrupted the silence of the Grand Canyon?
(a) The squawk of a blue jay.
(b) The bray of a donkey.
(c) The honk of a horn.
(d) The screech of an owl.
3. What event sparked a desire for Fletcher to study the Grand Canyon and make a journey through it alone?
(a) An impromptu side trip made to the Grand Canyon during a cross country journey with a friend.
(b) A visit from and American Indian in a dream.
(c) A television special highlighting the place.
(d) The death of a close friend.
4. What does Fletcher say he realized he might be doing when he hiked through the Grand Canyon?
(a) He would be making his last hiking trip.
(b) He would come as close to traveling back through time as possible.
(c) He would be fulfilling a dream from his early childhood.
(d) He would be following in the footsteps of hundreds of great hikers.
5. How long is the Grand Canyon?
(a) Between 50 and 100 miles long.
(b) One thousand miles long.
(c) More than two hundred miles long.
(d) Just under 30 miles long.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Fletcher's dream become a reality?
2. Who is the "The Man" in The Man Who Walked Through Time?
3. Where did Fletcher go to ask questions about the area in which he would be traveling?
4. How did Fletcher redefine the path of his trip?
5. Why did Fletcher decide to see the Grand Canyon the first time?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)