|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the Colorado River cause problems for Fletcher?
(a) He didn't have a boat.
(b) The animals along the river were dangerous.
(c) It was impassable in some parts.
(d) He was highly allergic to a plant that grew along the banks of the river.
2. Why did Fletcher decide to see the Grand Canyon the first time?
(a) He didn't decide. It was a surprise trip from his girlfriend.
(b) He took a dare.
(c) He felt it was an important thing for a tourist in the area to see.
(d) He wanted to paint a picture of it.
3. About how long did Fletcher stay at the Grand Canyon Village?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 1 month.
4. What did geologists say disrupted the Colorado River's flow and lead to the formation of the Grand Canyon?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A comet.
(c) An upheaval of earth.
(d) A land slide.
5. What lifestyle does Fletcher describe in a footnote in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) A compulsive walker.
(b) A compulsive gambler.
(c) An accomplished musician.
(d) A famous millionaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. If he were to realize his dream, what would Fletcher accomplish?
2. Why does Fletcher say it might have been good that he didn't start his journey right after he decided to take it?
3. How long did Fletcher plan for his journey to take?
4. What information was not sought by Fletcher before beginning his trip?
5. How did Fletcher say the big moment happened when he knew he would take the journey through the Grand Canyon?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)