|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fletcher describe the state of the Grand Canyon at the time the book was written?
(a) Finished changing.
(b) Still changing.
(c) A dying canyon.
(d) Nearing destruction in a few years.
2. The Grand Canyon is found in the northern part of what state?
(a) New Mexico.
3. When Fletcher's idea was first fully formed, what doubts bugged him?
(a) No real doubts.
(b) What he would do about his diabetes while he was on his journey.
(c) How he would ask his boss for time off.
(d) How he would stay away from home so long.
4. Why did Fletcher decide to see the Grand Canyon the first time?
(a) He felt it was an important thing for a tourist in the area to see.
(b) He took a dare.
(c) He wanted to paint a picture of it.
(d) He didn't decide. It was a surprise trip from his girlfriend.
5. What lifestyle does Fletcher describe in a footnote in "Part 2, The Dream?"
(a) A famous millionaire.
(b) A compulsive walker.
(c) A compulsive gambler.
(d) An accomplished musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did geologists say disrupted the Colorado River's flow and lead to the formation of the Grand Canyon?
2. According to Fletcher, what would the rest of nature around the Grand Canyon do?
3. What questions does Fletcher say he hoped he would find some solutions for as he traveled the Grand Canyon?
4. Why might the Colorado River cause problems for Fletcher?
5. What were some of the plans for his trip that Fletcher details in "Part 2, The Dream?"
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)